IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Path not in-out, need to video putts more. Feeling needs to be way in-out. Feel ain't real.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Think camera placement wasn't good for putt last time. Putting it straight on the putter head may be a better angle to judge its path. [video]http://youtu.be/PPc1oNeG0Gs[/video]

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Working so hard on R shoulder more over ball, neglected to video face on. This is a pretty good Mr. Havercamp. Not getting hips active. No up and forward. Lots of left?

Putting more into hips, but wrist, impact conditions terrrrrible.

Recalling laydown, motorcycle rev practice during winter, combined R shoulder over ball, active hips, shallow/motorcycle. Hips still saggy, but better. Less contrived, well, until 9. Fake it till you make it.

Still tipping under a little?

- Backswing - minimize arm runoff, extra wave.

- Lay down + rev.

- Right shoulder down/over/around.

- Hips feel like step forward drill and "popup"/jump.

Steve

Lesson. Santa belly - get the belly pointing to target (probably a little higher) and bank trail foot. Hip motion / torso 7-8 look much better, no more sag. Head steadier post impact it seems as shoulders more rotation. Trail knee was doing Elvis Presley, kicking towards ball too much. The bank motion keeps that in check. Driver a little more rotational, complete finish.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Keys #2 and #4. Getting used to feeling closer to ball on downswing and steeper upper body combined w/shallowing shaft on DS. Undoing years and years of straightening up is not easy.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Keys #1 and #2, stay in inclination, shallow, "cover", weight forward.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Great lesson with @pcombs21, worked on banking trail foot and staying in inclination.

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Trying to combine trail foot bank feel w/K#2 and not to think about stuff that's "baked in" like arm shallowing, "covering". Feels like more rotation going on so closing clubface more from 4. Flippy, so will try firing arms/hands faster next time. Starting to feel all the changes from lessons this year are "just happening", less mechanical, but still hard to turn brain off. In the FO video, could raise the belt more towards the end, get bat signal to sky.

Edited by nevets88

Steve

Changing the picture with @pcombs21, one season at a time. Staying in inclination much better, right knee not kicking out as much, downswing less steep, exit condition w/resp to shaft better. Getting there with the long clubs/driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad7cAON7YpU

Steve

Some variability in trail foot banking.

z.jpg

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Weakened trail hand grip. @iacas worked on this with me awhile ago, but R hand just wandered its way back. Need to get back to getting scrunchy, "cover ball"/head on wall while keeping grip change. Weight is going back around 4-5, need more key #2. With weakened right hand, feels a lot more motorcycle rev on the DS.

Recap of things learned this year:

Better use of camera - more 30fps vids, just a handful of 240 during each session. Hopefully better w/angles. 

Changed practice swing - range & course. Exaggerated hands forward too much, now practice swings closer to actual swing, but not always. Practice impact position better mimics actual impact position.

Shallowing not mastered, but very baked in and better at keeping it when combined w/body steepening moves.

More comfortable getting down to ball, feeling closer to it 6-8, but need to keep working on keeping "head on wall". Hopefully can work on it during off season.

Continue working on putting - path, decel, AE 1 finger reads. Chipping and pitching, didn't spend enough time - hope to work on this next season.

Much thanks to @pcombs21 for improvement and working w/me this year and the TST staff for all the ongoing tips, swing feels like it's on a really good path - didn't help matters by not playing enough this season, but will make up for it next year.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Working on the crunch/cover. Getting more comfortable staying in inclination around A6, feeling closer to the ground between A6 and A8 feels less and less harrowing, more natural, not retracting the back.

Steve

• Administrator

Watch your turning rates, too…

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 9.04.34 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

27 minutes ago, iacas said:

Watch your turning rates, too…

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 9.04.34 PM.png

Thanks. Shoulders needs to be a little more rotated?

Steve

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Thanks. Shoulders needs to be a little more rotated?

Yup.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

To my eye the ball position is the difference between you and MVMAC

mvmacneddriv.JPG

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

47 minutes ago, collapse said:

To my eye the ball position is the difference between you and MVMAC

mvmacneddriv.JPG

Thanks. I tend to err on the side of ball too forward. I'll try putting it back a little.

Steve

I think the ball position is fine, camera angles are a little different. 

566754362fa68_stevendriver.thumb.jpg.3f3

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram