IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Doing the drill again, calling it the Katherine Hepburn drill because she basically did it in a movie. Thinking less Charles Barkley, more Justin Rose. After doing the drill, swing is a little more free. Getting better at don't think, not natural though. A little tougher to stay in inclination while doing the KH drill, tendency is to stand and also take the club outside.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Looks good.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Forgot to video dtl, :doh:, sleep deprived, forgot tripod, tight schedule, no time. Too much shaft lean? Not engaging core? Will need to setup a short game lesson soon.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

@nevets88 we talked about this briefly, but I think most of your pitch is arm driven. You're not engaging the bounce properly as evidenced by that little snag right at impact where the leading edge digs into the ground a little and you aren't really turning a lot until well after you've made contact with the ball.

I think you need more dealing cards feel going back and more float-loady feel in the downswing. Let the pivot swing the club.

Did you do the right hand only pitches?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

48 minutes ago, billchao said:

@nevets88 we talked about this briefly, but I think most of your pitch is arm driven. You're not engaging the bounce properly as evidenced by that little snag right at impact where the leading edge digs into the ground a little and you aren't really turning a lot until well after you've made contact with the ball.

I think you need more dealing cards feel going back and more float-loady feel in the downswing. Let the pivot swing the club.

Did you do the right hand only pitches?

Thanks @billchao, I did do right handers. I'll post it when there's wifi. 

I agree with you, it felt the same despite trying to engage the core. I'll try the cards and float load next time. I think it's going to feel like I'm going to go right over the ball.

Steve

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I think it's going to feel like I'm going to go right over the ball.

Now that you mention it, it does feel a little like that, yea.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, billchao said:

Now that you mention it, it does feel a little like that, yea.

Curse you, now I want to get thee to a range. :-) Good to know we're thinking the same thing. 

Steve

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Curse you, now I want to get thee to a range. :-) Good to know we're thinking the same thing. 

Sorry, it's hard to explain things I do sometimes, I just do them.

Plus, I'm worried that once I fully articulate how I do something, I'll stop being able to do it :-P

Bill

My Swing Thread

Here's the right hand only @billchao, bummer, looks like I'm doing the same thing. If the shaft lean is to be reduced, it's probably going to feel more "flippy"?

pitch.jpg

Steve

• Administrator

Why is the ball so far back in your stance?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

Why is the ball so far back in your stance?

It looked middle-ish to me. Should I move it up 1 ball? 2?

Steve

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

It looked middle-ish to me. Should I move it up 1 ball? 2?

It did? Look at these pictures:

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

pitch.jpg

That's not middle.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

It did? Look at these pictures:

That's not middle.

I agree it doesn't look middle, but at the time it did. I'll move it up.

Steve

Full swing, Katherine Hepburn drill is continuing to make the swing less constrained, although there is the occasional stutter doing it. Still haven't attempted to do it with 2 consecutive balls yet, think will probably doing this drill for awhile, all season. Head is popping up, need to stay in inclination.  Also working on trying to stop regripping before swinging, tendency is for the grip to get stronger on regrips. Hard habit to break.

Pitches - put the ball more forward, elbows aren't soft, not hinging on the through swing.

Steve

Making good on intention to play more, played 18 today, drove it poorly and short game was pretty bad after the 6th hole, but still shot a 90, almost broke 40 on the front 9. Putting, pitching, chipping and sand game (keep flying greens) primarily the score killers, hoping it'll come back, the playing instinct as I played a lot in the past, trying out "new" moves on the short game shots doesn't help either. Will eventually buy a GG unit. Scoring with the mobile app, 40% battery drainage, 8MB of data usage. Need to feel more step drill turn off brain while playing. Hit 5 really solid shots in the round, 2 drivers, 1 3 W and 2 long irons. Since haven't  been playing much, shots out of the rough were troublesome.

GG: https://bnc.lt/yzOb/htWgZpTbJt

Got one of these beauties:

image.jpeg

Air Show?

image.jpeg

Steve

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

That link doesn't work.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

That link doesn't work.

My mistake, I corrected it in the original post. 

Steve

13 hours ago, nevets88 said:

My mistake, I corrected it in the original post. 

It is still invalid.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave