IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Adding more swings with speed, still focusing on primary pieces, bowed wrist at 4 and pinch lead armpit, which actually helps with rotation. DTL swing wrist not enough flexion, face way open at impact, gear effect?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

face way open at impact, gear effect?

If you didn't hit a big push then you probably just toed it.

Use your start lines to determine the face orientation at impact.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Nice swing...it seems like you are making progress. 

I noticed than in your effort to stay connected you are holding back...I have the same hurdle...

Have a couple of beers before hitting balls...it is helping me to let go...:-D..

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Adding more swings with speed, still focusing on primary pieces, bowed wrist at 4 and pinch lead armpit, which actually helps with rotation. DTL swing wrist not enough flexion, face way open at impact, gear effect?

Lot of good positions on the backswing and coming down.

A little too much hand tension and restriction coming through imo.  Tempo a touch quick coming down but not bad.

So positionally very good but dynamics are not optimized.

You recoil a bit on follow through indicating a tense hit at the ball instead of a swing through it.  Fade finish.

Allow the club to come through and the toe to finish much more freely.  You look to be 'overcontrolling' the swing coming through.

Id be curious what would happen if you made no change except relaxing a bit.

Your positions are great but I am not sure you have a true swinging motion.

Thanks to all for the words and advice, yeah, probably gear effect and I'm working on making the swing less contrived, I wish drink would help, need more athlete genes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 4/18/2017 at 11:09 AM, nevets88 said:

Thanks to all for the words and advice, yeah, probably gear effect and I'm working on making the swing less contrived, I wish drink would help, need more athlete genes.

I still say you think too much. One of these days I want to see you out there just whale it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, billchao said:

I still say you think too much. One of these days I want to see you out there just whale it.

We should definitely play soon, I can swing hard, where it goes, nobody knows. :-D

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

We should definitely play soon, I can swing hard, where it goes, nobody knows. :-D

Let me know when you are free, I'll take a morning off or something.

Hit it hard first, then straighten it out. That's Golf 101 ;-)

I know because I've taken that class 6 times now :-D

Bill

My Swing Thread

4I a little harder swing than the last one. Shaft seems high, not bisecting bicep at 6, but pointing to ball, dunno what to think of that. Better at keeping L arm to body. Hate my distances (175 carry, 185 total for the 4I), but they are what they are.

Steve

More comfortable keeping left arm to body throughout swing,

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Took 2 weeks off, didn't even make practice swings w/o a club, back to it, basic thoughts, don't overdo the backswing, flex wrist from A4, pinch armpits, turn.

Steve

Took a much needed putting lesson from @pcombs21, changed setup, stroke, worked on getting rid of hitch. Need to work on key #1 as well. Bought the Mi Template, the guide on the ground in the video, it's worth it imho. Keep intending to get fitted for a putter but stuff gets in the way.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Have been hitting it left a lot and strong grip has always bothered me, every time I think I weaken it I revert back strong, this time using video to keep tabs on weakening it. Here the grip starts off very weak and then I do the little regrip stronger move, but since it starts out so weak, when the little regrip happens, it goes to semi strong instead of very strong and flight is straighter and just more solid strikes. Think it helped that I'm better at keeping wrist flat at A4 and flexing it on the way down. 

Steve

Forward press or rotating the grip weak also stops the regrip strong move. 

Still left turning left though

Chip/pitch, also left

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Head was translating back and down around 4, now extending back more around 4, left heel going off ground a little and left knee internal rotation a little more. 

Steve

Key #1, head steady, keep wrist from cupping at 4, flat to bowed on the way down, arms to chest, bat signal to sky. Still struggling w/grip, more left hand, sneaking strong, that's going to take time.

Lead wrist cupped @ 4, ball goes way right.

Steve

Working on head steadier, pivot, wrist conditions, arms to body - lost the shallowing piece, or shaft too steep at A5, doing all the other pieces plus added more shallowing.

Steve

Adding more swings with speed now more comfortable with pivot. Some shanks because stall out, not committing fully to the shot, but can't swing easy forever, eventually have to speed it up. They're going left, but as long as I'm doing my pieces and syncing up good, should straighten out.

Same swing in 30 and 240fps:

Steve