IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Hands in clubhead out post impact as per instructor. Now that I look at past videos, that clubhead is going left post impact way too quickly.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Same as last, hands in, clubhead out.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Signed up for the one year practice package at the PGA Superstore. It's a little bit of a hassle every time you go in they have to tag your clubs and take your head cover. Plus having problems with the reservation website. Can definitely see the closer to Christmas, the more of a zoo, but at a fraction of what it costs at Golftec, not a bad deal, wanted to try something different this winter. Haven't tried using its simulators, just my own camera and soon, a Mevo. There's barely enough space to get a clipped face on view and a full down the line view. Will have to see long term how this package plays out. 

Steve

• Administrator
8 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Signed up for the one year practice package at the PGA Superstore. It's a little bit of a hassle every time you go in they have to tag your clubs and take your head cover.

That'd make me take about three irons tops every time I visited. Ugh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

55 minutes ago, iacas said:

That'd make me take about three irons tops every time I visited. Ugh.

I'm gonna leave the stickers on, see how that works. Doesn't look like a visit to the course is in the cards anytime soon. :mellow:

Steve

10 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I'm gonna leave the stickers on, see how that works. Doesn't look like a visit to the course is in the cards anytime soon. :mellow:

You can't just grab a demo from their rack? If you're just working on your swing does it really matter whose club you're hitting?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

You can't just grab a demo from their rack? If you're just working on your swing does it really matter whose club you're hitting?

Yeah, I like sticking with my own clubs. I don't mind the stickers, will probably get used to it quickly.

Steve

If there's one complaint I have about the iPhone camera, it's that it needs maybe 2-3 more feet of space compared to my old Casio point and shoot. Doesn't sound like much but in context of golf ranges, helps. I guess I could use a wide angle attachment but distortion. 

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Same stuff, shallow, motorcycle (more aware of timing of shallow and motorcycle - rates), left hip around and up, also keep chest turning as well, hands in clubhead out, trail wrist was flexing too quickly at A8.

Tried something else, right knee kicking out has been bothering me for a long time, tried more trail foot banking, right hip up and in, right knee to left knee, exaggeration:

Not as exaggerated 

Steve

Paying a little more attention to bottom half, just keep turning left.

Steve

@nevets88 is your weight getting too far back on your heels?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

6 minutes ago, billchao said:

@nevets88 is your weight getting too far back on your heels?

At setup? Not sure, will monitor it next time. Definitely trying to finish more in the lead heel, banked trail foot, knees together post A9.

I have a tendency to lean towards the ball post impact, right knee kicking towards ball.

Steve

Focused on face on view, swing looking more dynamic, added more back extension compared to last time from A6 onward.

Dumped the Mevo last few sessions, focused more on movement than numbers.

• Like 1

Steve

@nevets88 tell me again why you're still a 20?  

fo.JPG.ebfe61ea3ce9e6364ad6efb589ad38df.JPG

Must be short game related. ;-)

Nice work.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

7 minutes ago, coachjimsc said:

fo.JPG.ebfe61ea3ce9e6364ad6efb589ad38df.JPG

Nice work.

Lol, thanks. Frankly, I don't play enough, @billchao can attest to that. :-P Will work on that in the coming season. And yes, the short game suffered because I spend so much time on the long game, but I've addressed that this year more, and will do so even more next year.

And I need to do The Matrix Free... Your... Mind... thing. :-D

Steve

I play with quite a few 20+ handicapers and NONE of them look like you at impact.

In fact not many of the guys in the 10-15 range look like that either.

Go play young man, go play.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

1 hour ago, coachjimsc said:

I play with quite a few 20+ handicapers and NONE of them look like you at impact.

In fact not many of the guys in the 10-15 range look like that either.

I definitely will. Looks like that 2018 goal list needs reordering!

Steve

4 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

He likes to put his approach shots within 8' of the pin and get up to the green only to find out he was aiming at the wrong green ;-)

4 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

All jokes aside, his short game and putting weren't as good as his long game the last time we were out.

3 hours ago, coachjimsc said:

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I definitely will. Looks like that 2018 goal list needs reordering!

Seriously! I've been telling you this for a while now. Play more.

And get a new putter :-P

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

My Swing Thread