IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

29 minutes ago, billchao said:

He likes to put his approach shots within 8' of the pin and get up to the green only to find out he was aiming at the wrong green ;-)

Huh, selective memory. I've forgotten about this until you reminded me. :8)

30 minutes ago, billchao said:

And get a new putter 

Still never put those damn quarters that fell off back on. Gonna get fitted next year.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

You hit that approach pure, man. Just gotta work on your aim next time :-P

If it's any consolation, I lost 11 balls that day :whistle:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

45 minutes ago, billchao said:

We'll pick another course next time. Or we can try and exact revenge. :mad: We should go back and try to kick its butt back.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

We'll pick another course next time. Or we can try and exact revenge. :mad: We should go back and try to kick its butt back.

It was a good course, I'd play it again. They'll be done with the reconstruction and everything by then I hope.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

12 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Still never put those damn quarters that fell off back on. Gonna get fitted next year.

12 hours ago, billchao said:

I have to admit I have done this! My whole group did. It was a course in Covington, KY. We thought the hole was a par 3! I mean the green was right there in front of us! Alas, it was a dogleg right par 4.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

52 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I have to admit I have done this! My whole group did. It was a course in Covington, KY. We thought the hole was a par 3! I mean the green was right there in front of us! Alas, it was a dogleg right par 4.

Yea, in @nevets88's defense, it was a blind approach and all he could see was the flags from where he played. I was at my own ball where I could see both greens.

Unfortunately, he picked the wrong one.

Bill

My Swing Thread

58 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yea, in @nevets88's defense, it was a blind approach and all he could see was the flags from where he played. I was at my own ball where I could see both greens.

Unfortunately, he picked the wrong one.

In this age, I should have Google Satellite'd it. There was a group teeing off in front of me, so I rushed it could have let them tee off first

Steve

• 1 month later...

Tweaked the back recently, slept wrong or something, only took a week to recover so got lucky.

Think this looks pretty good  (want a bit more hands in clubhead out from 7-8) but swinging easy. It starts to fall apart adding speed and more club, but should improve with reps.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to freewheel it more, swing without thinking. Tendency still is to pull the arms left or let club head go left too quickly post impact but better turning rate post impact should help. Would like to practice more but preferred range is going to be closed for awhile because rain.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Trying to freewheel it more, swing without thinking. Tendency still is to pull the arms left or let club head go left too quickly post impact but better turning rate post impact should help. Would like to practice more but preferred range is going to be closed for awhile because rain.

Swing looks great. Nice and fluid. If you're freewheeling, that means the work you've been doing is sticking, which is fantastic. Push draws all day long with that swing.

Minor note: you lined up your camera to the stick but it's not on your toe line.

Bill

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, billchao said:

Swing looks great. Nice and fluid. If you're freewheeling, that means the work you've been doing is sticking, which is fantastic. Push draws all day long with that swing.

Minor note: you lined up your camera to the stick but it's not on your toe line.

Thanks. Yeah I keep doing that. Moving away from stick. It's not like it'll hit me in the face. Bad habit. 

Steve

A lot of variance in the transitions, shallow, steep, ok, ok respectively, but rotating better without thinking about it. Shallow, cover, turn, club head out, more belly to sky, lead wrist flexed a little longer post A7.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Driver swing has always felt "different" than iron swing (not the stuff that makes the driver swing different from irons), but feeling more comfortable in it. Need more supination A7 on, a little steep, but like the general structure better.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, warm weather. Swing thoughts are key #1 head still, tend to move off the ball around A2.5, trying to feel more pressure on inner right foot, right scapula to target. Externally rotate shoulder just before A4, flex lead wrist. Hands in, clubhead out post A7, sync arms and body more together. Talk of ggswingtips on the range.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

12 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Finally, warm weather. Swing thoughts are key #1 head still, tend to move off the ball around A2.5, trying to feel more pressure on inner right foot, right scapula to target. Externally rotate shoulder just before A4, flex lead wrist. Hands in, clubhead out post A7, sync arms and body more together. Talk of ggswingtips on the range.

Looking pretty good there Steve!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2018 at 7:48 AM, boogielicious said:

Looking pretty good there Steve!

Thanks!

"Soft" driver. You can see the wood tee popping out of the rubber tee.

Steve

This is the most right I've ever hit a 5I without shanking it. Clearly one can see it's towards the toe. Just thought this was funny. Ha ha. Definitely a wonky swing, not all of them can be good obviously. But hey, it wasn't a shank, much rather hit this than a shank any day.

Steve

If only the weather were like this all year round. Sigh.

Still fiddling with that left hand regrip that tends to regrip strong, trying to calm it down. Weight on inside of trail foot to keep head from translating back, swaying (Key #1), shallow (#4), don't over hinge, turn, get into ground (#2), lead hip left forward and up (#4), arms straight post A7.

Something's not right about the trail knee, it kicks out right, makes lower body lean towards ball side. Trail foot is banking better, maybe more of that for knee.

Steve