IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

For me, it is the fat shot on what should be an easy partial wedge or short iron. They happen. It makes me crazy, but they happen.

I keep working to stop that, and it makes me mad at the time. But then I see a PGA Pro cold shank a short iron into the crowd or DJ/Brooks/JT/Rory/Spieth slice a driver so bad, it is into the next zip code and I feel better about myself. If Tiger doesn't have to hit the fairway every time, neither should I! 

I read Matt's, @saevel25, my swing thread whenever he posts. Matt is a single digit and he feels the same about his swing as we do. We all want to be perfect on each shot, but it is not really possible. There are too many variables. A guy I know copyrighted the saying, "Golf is Hard." :-P

Enjoy the great shots. File the bad ones as something to work on and then just keep playing.

Yeah, thanks for the perspective. Definitely being too hard on myself. One thing I learned from watching Jamieson and Bill is I have commit to the shot. Sometimes I focus on all the trouble and don't swing 100%, kind of back off halfway through.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Less trail foot splayed out at setup, trying for more key #1, less head forward at A1, less head backwards A3-A4, but when doing this forget to get the arms going quicker. Toronto's Within Range, $10 Canadian for 37 balls, no time, left some balls behind.

Best swing but demonstrates a profound inability to dress myself. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Less trail foot splayed out at setup, trying for more key #1, less head forward at A1, less head backwards A3-A4, but when doing this forget to get the arms going quicker. Toronto's Within Range, $10 Canadian for 37 balls, no time, left some balls behind.

Best swing but demonstrates a profound inability to dress myself. 

Those look very good Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Took 10 days off, didn't touch a club. Looking forward to getting back at it again. Guess I needed a break. 

I think we can all do with a break once in a while. Mental recharge and all that.

BTW I haven't played or practiced in three weeks.

27 minutes ago, billchao said:

I think we can all do with a break once in a while. Mental recharge and all that.

BTW I haven't played or practiced in three weeks.

Hey, we're break buddies, lol.

55 minutes ago, billchao said:

Maybe but you sound like you're ready to get back at it. I'm probably done until spring rolls around.

Who knows, I might be joining you 😁

Key #1 focus. Trying not to translate head away from target from A3-A4 while rotating all the way around and shallowing enough at A4 and keeping lower body from getting weight forward too much. Starting transition with lower body earlier helps w/backswing from being too long, but tendency to shift forward to target too much, have to feel more "spin-out". Also "compressing" myself to ground better, less EE, keeps heel farther from ball at contact. Ball flight is pretty high, not sure if flippy or wind against or both.

• 2 weeks later...

Took a lesson, got lucky and got an extra hour because next student wasn't immediate scheduled after me, so got to dial in the changes. Lower body, hips going back more from 1-4 while maintaining steady head, arms higher 2.5 - 3, pick up foot during backswing and stomp down on downswing. More extended on followthrough, doesn't look as Havercamp, Old Man Finish. That step piece encourages flow, dynamic flow, less contrived, more natural. Down the line video, low and left, but changing picture.

• Thumbs Up 1

One thing my pro did that I thought was very clever was at the end he had me video him recapping the lesson in about 2-3 minutes. So he doesn't have to do so later in the day and recall among other lessons, saves him time and I have a summary on the phone straight away. I hear it once live and can replay many times.

• Thumbs Up 1

I remember I took a lesson with Paul Kaster two years ago and he did the step drill with me, this picking up the foot and dropping it really makes the motion more natural, should have used the concept more often when practicing. Oh well. I know now. Getting better at not doing that tip out move at 4 while compressing into the ground. Feeling more comfortable with motion going to 4, it's the downswing and aftermath I'm no so sure about.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought range would be closed because snow, lucked out, open. Not many outdoor days left this year, nice to see ball flight after a lot of indoor sessions. Still wavy at the top, but keeping with the new footwork, will calm that down later. Feeling more lead wrist bow and radial deviation post impact.