Looking good Steve!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

45 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Looking good Steve!

Seconded. Much more fluid and athletic looking, good job @nevets88.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on more extension post impact. 

A

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

This shot was into the wind, a little uphill, Dark Sky showed 13 mph wind gusts, hole is ~400 yards and had 175 to center green, ball just off left side of fairway, pretty good lie, pretty good look at the pin, on a good day, I'll have 160 to center pin. Although drive landed in a decent spot, I absolutely hate this swing. Shaft is a little flat from A2, you can see at A4 shaft is tipping out, hands are going out to ball too quickly from A4, also, I'm early extending and chicken winging. Back to the drawing board, will go to range, get that shaft a little more vertical from A2, that should help with the tipping out, need to feel more left armpit pinned at A4, need to relax the arms and let them straighten out post A7, also stay more in inclination - flatter shaft from A4 will help with that. Golf is hard. This swing doesn't exactly match the range swing. Gah. This sucks balls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

OK, I looked at the rest of the swings I video'd from the round, will post some later if I get chance. Arms are a bit low, not high enough at A4. Also the transition around A4 is still too damn chaotic, lots of variance. Hopefully, with range work and more video of on the course swings, I'll get the course swing to look more like the range swing. I suspect the arms higher will also help with the ee.

Steve

More speed, lead wrist more flexed at A4 (hitting too many shots right, this should close the face), feel more sitting down and around and pinch lead arm at 4, extension post impact. Adding more full speed swings to practice, still not swinging hard enough in practice, when swinging aggressively on course, swing falls apart. Mixing in half speed swings to keep form.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

I regressed a bit adding speed, Key #4 got real bad, the extension piece was doing without turning. So now while swinging harder, better able to shallow hard from A4 and turn AND extend post impact, while arms not collapsing at A4. Got a little inspired by Tiger Woods.

Steve

Finally broke out the Mevo. Pretty happy I can get 95 CHS from 3H and 104 from driver, wind was howling against and range balls, so didn't really pay attention to distance. Smash factor is not good, spin is all over the place. Figure with more practice ramping up the speed, these will get better. 

E1450F20-D03A-490A-BEA7-D89D798ABE39.jpeg56F1C2A7-D1D2-48C9-BCD4-7CA66DEBCEF3.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Getting used to swinging hard, but my turn looks like a turtle compared to watching PGA guys on tv. Not exactly a fair comparison and improvements won't happen overnight. And I'm old.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

13 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Getting used to swinging hard, but my turn looks like a turtle compared to watching PGA guys on tv. Not exactly a fair comparison and improvements won't happen overnight. And I'm old.

Looks good, Steve. Much better than it used to.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

10 minutes ago, billchao said:

Looks good, Steve. Much better than it used to.

I'm realizing how I took the athleticism out of the swing by slowing it down too much.

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

I'm realizing how I took the athleticism out of the swing by slowing it down too much.

Yea you have to slow it down for practice, but when you're playing, you gotta swing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bill

My Swing Thread

Well, only just started recently with more faster swings during practice and my abs are a tad sore, I guess getting lazy over the winter and not doing any core work like planks didn't help with that. No more lazy! I guess that's a good sign, the core is one of the major components for speed.

Steve

I strung together 5 3W swings so I could repeat view just to see if there’s a pattern. It can’t be seen from dtl but I still need work on key #1 the head sometimes goes forward at 1. I’d rather err at the opposite direction. The problem is if I start the head back it goes further back and also the shaft goes across the line. The head stays still-ish if I feel the head going forward at around 3 and feel more laying off the shaft to counter the across the line. I still get heel strikes but less of them if I feel more sit down and compress into the ground. Long hitters I notice have a more bent elbow at 6, mine straightens out too quickly, will bring that up next lesson. Will continue to work on transition, the fourth swing in the vid is over the top - I guess that’s my fade swing if I wanted to do one on purpose. The last swing contact sounded weird, must have made contact far from sweet spot. Also the shaft should finish behind my head rather than above it I think? So many faults.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

More extension to 4 as well as after 7. Also trying not to kick head forward at 1. More cover the ball feel.

Steve

Driver has its own set of issues, it’s the one where swing looks most “forced”, but smoothing it out, more flowing, better at backswing, minimizing key #1 although head is still bobbly, and stretching everything out at 4, lots of torque, hands feel so high, torso stretched, while keeping key #4 in acceptable range, not too steep or not too flat going back, keeping lead wrist from cupping, more flat at 4 and covering ball on downswing, turning the corner and trying to keep lead arm from chicken winging at 8.  Still  heel contact issues (as seen in vid below), helicopter finish. So far, thinking hit the ball on the toe, which encourages “covering” the ball while rotating through impact better, seems to help. Also much better awareness of where clubhead is, Key #4, on way back and way down. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Same thing. Extend post impact, cover the ball, try and hit the toe. Back is holding up. Cross fingers. It was sore for a day there, but just took a rest day to combat that.

Steve