IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Working in the new pieces as much as I can before the cold weather sets in. Yeah, I can still practice indoors but it's not the same, breathing in the fresh air and listening to the birds. I noticed in these swings a little more motorcycle at 4. I think I was focused more on hands up and right initially and now that's a little more settled in, more focus on keeping lead wrist more bowed throughout downswing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Don’t have it bowed much at the top, at 4. Bow it coming down.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 10/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, iacas said:

Don’t have it bowed much at the top, at 4. Bow it coming down.

I dunno how I missed this post. Will do, thanks.

Not afraid to add speed now. Caught this one on the toe, but before, hard swings usually caught the heel.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Generally miss is right, hard to motorcycle enough, I think because it feels like I'm bringing the heel into play, I know it doesn't, it's just scary to close the face on the way down, but have exaggerated and hit some big hooks so finding middle.

Steve

• Administrator

Swing is headed a tiny bit left again. That bucket "under" the club needs to be closer to keep the path just a little out to the right.

I'm not saying it's going left now but keep an eye on that.

To the general thing, yeah, hit some shots that just start left and snipe hook from there, and then you'll know you're doing the wrist stuff enough. Or hit some shots at full speed that snap to a stop with the left wrist still arched at about hip-high on the follow-through (they'll tend to snipe hook too).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, iacas said:

Swing is headed a tiny bit left again. That bucket "under" the club needs to be closer to keep the path just a little out to the right.

I'm not saying it's going left now but keep an eye on that.

To the general thing, yeah, hit some shots that just start left and snipe hook from there, and then you'll know you're doing the wrist stuff enough. Or hit some shots at full speed that snap to a stop with the left wrist still arched at about hip-high on the follow-through (they'll tend to snipe hook too).

Thanks. I need to make those PVC things, a lot easier to position the sticks.

Steve

• Administrator
Just now, nevets88 said:

Thanks. I need to make those PVC things, a lot easier to position the sticks.

Easy enough. 5' is enough, with two 90° elbows and a tri-way piece.

Finally made the PVC alignment stick holders. Turns out I was getting lazy using the baskets, giving myself too much leeway. With the PVC, way less room for error and I was doing less "thinking" and just trying to avoid hitting the PVCs. Thought was more under the stick 1 yard before the ball.

Steve

• Administrator

Those look a little better. Ball flight and/or contact a bit better?

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Those look a little better. Ball flight and/or contact a bit better?

Yep, better. Start line more consistent, starting off straight more often. Fewer blocks to right. Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Harder to get motivated to practice, no sun and cold, and hating the cold more as each year goes by, but trying. It's been edge case between going inside and out, limited time indoors not as much time to setup. Outdoors, I get the range to myself, which is nice I guess. No birds were harmed.

More focus on getting under rear stick, sometimes stick it to the ground though, but I guess that's gonna happen. I placed the stick too close once and hit my hand right on the top of it, the rubber thingy was gone, so I drew blood. Ouch. When you hit the stick or the pvc, it really makes you wary on your next swings and even longer term.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Harder to get motivated to practice, no sun and cold, and hating the cold more as each year goes by, but trying. It's been edge case between going inside and out, limited time indoors not as much time to setup. Outdoors, I get the range to myself, which is nice I guess. No birds were harmed.

More focus on getting under rear stick, sometimes stick it to the ground though, but I guess that's gonna happen. I placed the stick too close once and hit my hand right on the top of it, the rubber thingy was gone, so I drew blood. Ouch. When you hit the stick or the pvc, it really makes you wary on your next swings and even longer term.

I found it hard last year in the late fall to deal with the cold, but by February, it didn't bother me because I wanted to be ready for the season.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 11/20/2019 at 12:24 PM, boogielicious said:

I found it hard last year in the late fall to deal with the cold, but by February, it didn't bother me because I wanted to be ready for the season.

Lol. February is like when it’s the worst and the hardest to deal with! You’re hardier than I am. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Hoping to get a round or two in during the Holiday. Been awhile. Would like to see if the driver is better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Bought myself some sunshine. Sticks are harder to position in the open, not confined to a stall. Better at under rear stick but can’t get face closed, motorcycle not enough.

Steve

• Administrator

That's a pretty wide gate there. 🙂 Remember that front one is supposed to be close to your target line.

And the back one… keep that away like you have it, because you can crack a shaft easily if you come down on that one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, iacas said:

That's a pretty wide gate there. 🙂 Remember that front one is supposed to be close to your target line.

And the back one… keep that away like you have it, because you can crack a shaft easily if you come down on that one.

I was going to ask about the positions. I modified my hitting platform so I could put the front stick in. How close to the target line should it be and what angle? I made my prototype 60 degrees and made a few positions so I could move it depending on whether I was hitting driver or irons. It is basically a piece of wood mounted to the front of the platform with 6 hole positions.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks @iacas. Also, with a grass range you have to keep moving the sticks finding new grass. Throws me off. 

Steve