IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Trying for more weight forward and turn. Definitely felt like more turn.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Trying for more weight forward and turn. Definitely felt like more turn.

Well if you tilt the camera like that, you’ll definitely get your weight forward!😜

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Getting right hip to be feel more over the left foot at A9 (and to the left in general) plus right knee kicking in more towards left knee (post A7) seems to help with rotation. Feels like I can turn top half more/better and in sync with bottom half.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

Same stuff as last time, hands faster, more weight forward and turn. Not as warm as the forecasters thought but I'm not complaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Same stuff as last time, hands faster, more weight forward and turn. Not as warm as the forecasters thought but I'm not complaining.

Looking better and better @nevets88!

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Worked on driver, faster hands.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Same stuff. Arms faster, more rotation. Harder to weight forward because arms get left behind. Also worked on downhill stance because that’s usually when I shank I think because backswing goes outside and downswing as well. Once I get plane okay need to think arms faster.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• Administrator

Your swing is better than mine. Play this summer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

34 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Same stuff. Arms faster, more rotation. Harder to weight forward because arms get left behind. Also worked on downhill stance because that’s usually when I shank I think because backswing goes outside and downswing as well. Once I get plane okay need to think arms faster.

The changes are apparent Steve. Keep working on it and bring it to the course.

Scott

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Your swing is better than mine. Play this summer.

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

The changes are apparent Steve. Keep working on it and bring it to the course.

Wow. To the course it is then...

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Nice work. That has to be by far the best swings I've ever seen from a 20hcp. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• 1 month later...

Not used to this setup, feels claustrophobic and afraid to swing out. Need to break out the PVC and the alignment sticks, especially the front one. Pants are dirty from gardening.

Oh and the net, I thought I was buying a golf net, not a soccer net. Jeez. I don't think it's big enough.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:55 PM, klineka said:

Nice work. That has to be by far the best swings I've ever seen from a 20hcp. 

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve

12 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Oh and the net, I thought I was buying a golf net, not a soccer net. Jeez. I don't think it's big enough.

After your first shank, you’ll appreciate how big it is!

Scott

My Swing Thread

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Not used to this setup, feels claustrophobic and afraid to swing out. Need to break out the PVC and the alignment sticks, especially the front one. Pants are dirty from gardening.

Center the net to the ball and not your toe line, Steve, or you'll start subconsciously training yourself to hit pulls.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Still rusty and getting adjusted to surroundings, still not comfortable with swinging hard, feels like a closet, hands are a little higher at 4, still flippy around 8, would like to see hands go higher and right after impact. Fighting path going left from 4, one of the few decent swings I made here.

But at least I broke out the PVC and alignment sticks. Will place them closer to ball as I get more comfortable. Oh yes, I centered the net to the ball, thanks again @billchao. Need to check if I can use the Mevo, not sure if I have enough ballflight for Mevo to read.

Steve

2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Need to check if I can use the Mevo, not sure if I have enough ballflight for Mevo to read.

I use my Mevo on my net setup. I have seven or eight feet before the ball hits the net and I have the Mevo set to pitching I think, with the dot on the ball. It doesn't register shots sometimes, but it does that at the driving range, too.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 hour ago, billchao said:

I use my Mevo on my net setup. I have seven or eight feet before the ball hits the net and I have the Mevo set to pitching I think, with the dot on the ball. It doesn't register shots sometimes, but it does that at the driving range, too.

Set to pitching. I'll give it a go, but there might not be 6 feet between the ball and the net. Can't hurt to try. Thanks!

Steve

• Administrator

Pitching? That's for shorter distance shots, not shorter… distances to the net, no?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets