IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Pitching? That's for shorter distance shots, not shorter… distances to the net, no?

Yea, you’re right. I just looked at my settings on the app, it’s on indoors.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Pitching? That's for shorter distance shots, not shorter… distances to the net, no?

Yes, I need just use it and see if it works with my setup.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Yes, I need just use it and see if it works with my setup.

I did notice a bit of variation with respect to how far back the MEVO was placed. I did a 7 foot session and my 7 iron was going 140ish. I moved it up to 6 feet, and it increased to 145. I didn’t test 5 feet. Erik’s review got the most accurate results with driver at 7 feet. But that was outdoors or maybe in Golf Evolution where the net is pretty far away. My net is only 7 feet away.

So for now, with my net, I am really only focusing on launch angle, spin and smash factor. Smash tells if it was a good hit.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

47 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I did notice a bit of variation with respect to how far back the MEVO was placed. I did a 7 foot session and my 7 iron was going 140ish. I moved it up to 6 feet, and it increased to 145. I didn’t test 5 feet. Erik’s review got the most accurate results with driver at 7 feet. But that was outdoors or maybe in Golf Evolution where the net is pretty far away. My net is only 7 feet away.

So for now, with my net, I am really only focusing on launch angle, spin and smash factor. Smash tells if it was a good hit.

The net is portable, I guess I could find a nearby field and set up the net and get some more distance between net and ball.

Man, I should have set up this net a long time ago. It is really nice just walking right up to a hitting station, no driving, no traffic. It was literally sitting in storage still in the box for over a year.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

The net is portable, I guess I could find a nearby field and set up the net and get some more distance between net and ball.

Man, I should have set up this net a long time ago. It is really nice just walking right up to a hitting station, no driving, no traffic. It was literally sitting in storage still in the box for over a year.

It can’t be too far away if you want to hit wedges. I can’t hit above my gap wedge on my set up. They launch too high.

• Informative 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Switched to 5 iron, next up, driver.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

More cover. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Steve

Don't like swing right now, hands exiting too left, low, only have myself to blame for not practicing much. Looked at old video and like these swings better post impact although coming in from inside a lot, will try and get back to these swings. Will use the alignment sticks more during practice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• Administrator

That's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

• Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Looks pretty good @nevets88. Just keep using the sticks to reinforce it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to feel more comfortable with swing. A little scrunched up at 4, not stretched out, but through impact better.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Finally swung a driver, first swings since March. Very rotational, standing up, not staying in inclination let alone "covering", getting down to ball, but it's a start. The tree on the left is a little in my head as well. The noise is pretty loud, not really comfortable with swinging too many drivers, a lot of neighbors around me.

5 iron, a more comfortable club to be swinging. I think I've gotten back to where I was in March, will start working on more weight forward and turn, plus more staying in inclination for the driver.

I can go to an outdoor range, there's one open in Long Island, not comfortable with going there yet.

Last swings I made in March before everything shutdown.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Still looking good Steve.

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Left hand started getting real cuppy around post impact, throw in a little chicken wing, so thumbs towards target around A7.5, arms straight.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Trying to make swing more free flowing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 1 month later...

Things got busy and also really sucked at golf coming back so took a break. Regular pro moved to NY and is 30 minutes away nice not to have to block off half a day to go way out to Jersey, just be done in under 2 hours. Took one lesson about a month ago and worked on stuff myself. Key #4. Staying in inclination. Not letting arms getting out in front of me. A6 - A7 keep clubhead from going too out towards ball.

A tale of two swings. Barely got toe on ball and huge shank, lol. Still figuring out path control, but better awareness.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Welcome back @nevets88!

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Paid so much attention working on stuff from last lesson, short stretch cycle, covering the ball, focused on DTL view, didn't notice trail shoulder was going too far forward plus arms not straightening post impact. Basically added making whoopie to the giraffe and bracing while extending arms to target. 9, 6, 4, Driver. Doing this with 4I and longer is not easy.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve