IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

After a lot of videoing on course and reviewing, narrowed it down to 2 major swing faults.

First one is across the line at A4, top of backswing, wrist is cupped, too much external rotation, pull down the arms. Basically, the ball ends up right but usually something not good. The good news if identified, can fix it right away, the feeling is more internal rotation and lead wrist flex before getting to A4 but "turning into lead shoulder" otherwise drop the arms and chunk it. When trying for more club head speed, this problem is exacerbated, transition is chaotic, so working on that.

Bad transition

Fixed, next swing, maybe a little too much lead flex and shallow?

Second fault is shifting plane out to ball and hit towards heel or heel, fix so far is more "cover", hit the toe, keep right elbow closer to body on downswing. Will post details later.

Also videoing short game shots and learning tendencies as well. Wish I started videoing course shots earlier.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is the closest the course swing has matched the range swing. Hole was 425, cut the dogleg a little, 150 left to pin, center of fairway. Still hate the right knee kicking out and hip going towards ball around A7. One of the rare occasions where I turned the brain off and coming off the face, it felt like it wasn't going to go very far, but carried the bunker, no problemo. Bethpage Yellow #13. When you put the camera far back, less chance to screw up the angle.

Backswing around the green has always been too long, too much hinge. Have been working on making it more compact. This chip went too long, but the backswing is much improved. Tempo is a little quick, snatchy, will work on making it more smooth.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Wow, it looks pretty crowded. Not much room to dive down into your angles at transition. It looks like you have to hang back on your heels and stand up to get out of the way of the club coming down.

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to keep left butt cheek on "wall" behind me.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:59 PM, virtuoso said:

Wow, it looks pretty crowded. Not much room to dive down into your angles at transition. It looks like you have to hang back on your heels and stand up to get out of the way of the club coming down.

Yeah, my hands were not deep at top of backswing. One of the pieces my pro has me working on is more weight forward.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Steve

I noticed I’ve been pulling the hands left, across the body maybe, post impact, tried keeping the body steep and turning to the left side fully, while making the arms go “out” to first base and key #4 looks better. More in to out, fewer out to in toe hits  

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Working on hands deeper at 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Car out of commission so biked to the range in the stupid cold as well. A little dumped under? $10 to hit like 20 balls. Gah.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

That’s dedication!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

That’s dedication!

It's less than a mile so not that bad. I don't go to this range because it's rather claustrophobic. Prefer to drive further for a more open, quieter, calmer, face on video capability range.

Steve

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

It's less than a mile so not that bad. I don't go to this range because it's rather claustrophobic. Prefer to drive further for a more open, quieter, calmer, face on video capability range.

Do you carry your entire bag on your bike or just a few select clubs?  Wear your golf shoes?  Better grip on the pedals.

22 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Do you carry your entire bag on your bike or just a few select clubs?  Wear your golf shoes?  Better grip on the pedals.

Electrical taped two irons and an alignment stick to the frame. Feels like temp was below freezing and the heaters are not great so not going to last very long out there, 20 balls. Wearing Trues, the same shoes when driving to the range. Tripod has a strap so swing it over the back. Lived in Manhattan so riding a bike to the range is nothing new.

The ironic thing is this range is so close, could walk there, but the stalls are too small, no face on view, too noisy (stupid fans), just don't like it, so drive 15 minutes to open air, peace and quiet, mostly. Did notice an instructor who went through Dana Dahlquist's certification I think. Range used to be open air and then stalls were put in and that just killed it for me.

Steve

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Electrical taped two irons and an alignment stick to the frame. Feels like temp was below freezing and the heaters are not great so not going to last very long out there, 20 balls. Wearing Trues, the same shoes when driving to the range. Tripod has a strap so swing it over the back. Lived in Manhattan so riding a bike to the range is nothing new.

The ironic thing is this range is so close, could walk there, but the stalls are too small, no face on view, too noisy (stupid fans), just don't like it, so drive 15 minutes to open air, peace and quiet, mostly. Did notice an instructor who went through Dana Dahlquist's certification I think. Range used to be open air and then stalls were put in and that just killed it for me.

614EF9D0-2FF6-4C69-87F0-253DFF5797CD.jpeg
😀

Scott

My Swing Thread

8 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I swear to god, I use this in NY, someone will deliberately run over me. More than they usually will.

Steve

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I swear to god, I use this in NY, someone will deliberately run over me. More than they usually will.

Same in Boston!

• Funny 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 1 month later...

First swings of 2021. Jeez. Oh I figured out why my audio was off in previous videos. Debris stuck in the phone’s microphone holes. Kind of surprised I didn’t lose too much of the swing from inactivity. Chalk that up to video and experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

• 1 month later...

Already achieved a 2021 goal, that was to take a lesson from a new teacher. Nice to find one (and I'm picky) literally 10 minutes away. Changed pivot action, hip flexion at A4, more right side bend (I guess that also means more hip tilt, left hip higher than right at A7. Strengthened grip a little, more lead wrist flex at A4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

26 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Already achieved a 2021 goal, that was to take a lesson from a new teacher. Nice to find one (and I'm picky) literally 10 minutes away. Changed pivot action, hip flexion at A4, more right side bend (I guess that also means more hip tilt, left hip higher than right at A7. Strengthened grip a little, more lead wrist flex at A4.

Looking really good!

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

Taking pivot changes to course.  Looks better. Wonky A4, will clean that up eventually. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve