IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

This^ @nevets88.

I didn't do any of those today, will do it next session.

Feeling like a reverse pivot, feels totally different, but doesn't look like a reverse pivot, keeping more centered. The regripping hard to dial down. The more centered the backswing is, the more the hips want to slide forward. I suspect my hips are so out of whack is because have been focusing hard on the DTL view and not using FO as much.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/16/2021 at 9:29 PM, billchao said:

It probably wouldn’t hurt to film the drill and post it.

That thin heel shot is a common miss. A little bit over the bottom. Last swing is last swing of the session.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Trying to feel more head centered. Also faster hands, almost feels like dropping to ground at A4. Then massive, massive giraffe whoopie and trying for flow feeling from the step drill.

Huh, the second swing is almost like that keep right arm straight as possible challenge?

Steve

• Administrator

How far does your 7I go, and how far can it go if you just swung hard and didn't try to brake the finish, and then re-start to make the finish a bit longer?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

18 hours ago, iacas said:

How far does your 7I go, and how far can it go if you just swung hard and didn't try to brake the finish, and then re-start to make the finish a bit longer?

Just took a lesson and did this, instructor pretty much spent the whole time working on flow and talking about not thinking and hitting positions did step drills with SpeedBomber.

When I did the swing hard, CHS was around 80-84, max distance was 163, averaged around I'd say 150 according to ... I forget the name of the device, HMT / Foresight - the grey and black one.

Steve

On 6/24/2021 at 9:17 PM, iacas said:

I didn't have launch monitor but farther than the swings above. Faster version of the step drill, a lot of momentum loading up to A4. Tendency is to over the top, first DTL video. Tried more shallow second DTL, looks wonky, tried smoothing it out last DTL. Will get a Speedbomber to work on making swing more dynamic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Getting better with the drill, the hard part is not going over the top. Moving to longer clubs, 5 iron 2nd swing in vid. Loading better to A4 I think is helping with flow.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Still working on getting head recentered, at least it's not going back for the most part.

Steve

Trying to feel more flow. The swing not as positions to hit, but passing through "corridors of success" (I forget where I read that - Leadbetter?). Not the swing as this followed by that and that, but as one unit. A little trouble squaring the face. The first DTL is the slow version, the second swung harder.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Merged all swings from last practice session to see if I could spot any patterns. Toe contact - curves right. Slow, low takeaway, steep shaft coming down and right. On plane good tempo takeaway, more likely straight. There is a lot of variability from one swing to the next.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Recentering, flow, Key #4. Found that that Athletic Motion Golf drill where you get your hands down fast from A4 to A6 helped too. To keep those hands from falling behind. Also making swings and backswings w/SpeedBomber. Swing is more in sync, maybe a tad steep at A5, but not in corridor of death.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.12.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.11.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.13.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.11.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.12.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.11.02 PM.png

Agreed A5 is something to always keep working on buy you're not in the death zone. One thing I notice is you're losing your spine angle. Or an alternate way to think of it is you're driving your right hip at the ball instead of down the line. Also with the dark shorts and light it's not 100% clear but I'd say you need to rotate your hips more by impact.

Edited by mdl
  • Informative 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

29 minutes ago, mdl said:

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.12.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.11.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.13.16 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.11.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.12.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-07-20 at 1.11.02 PM.png

Agreed A5 is something to always keep working on buy you're not in the death zone. One thing I notice is you're losing your spine angle. Or an alternate way to think of it is you're driving your right hip at the ball instead of down the line. Also with the dark shorts and light it's not 100% clear but I'd say you need to rotate your hips more by impact.

Thanks for the tips - I'm working on that too, turn into shoulder, stay in inclination, hit the chair behind you, but arms tend to fall behind. Working on them going together with the body. Here the arms are getting outpaced by the turn, so that got me to thinking about that Athletic Motion drill.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 4.36.21 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

19 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Thanks for the tips - I'm working on that too, turn into shoulder, stay in inclination, hit the chair behind you, but arms tend to fall behind. Working on them going together with the body. Here the arms are getting outpaced by the turn, so that got me to thinking about that Athletic Motion drill.

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 4.36.21 PM.png

Giving the hands the time and space to get in the slot has been a huge area of work for me too. Recently my pre-shot routine has been to get into impact position and then make partial swings back to like A5.5 through A8 sort of as a key for what it should feel like swinging from the slot at A5.5 and a reminder not to rush anything that prevents me from getting there. Long journey...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Here are two swings where I'm pretty open at impact (tried to make identical swings), but more than a few things out of sync. Not flexing lead wrist in transition, transition could be shallower, not humping the giraffe enough, arms going across the body, too much slide. Still figuring things out.

1859628262_ScreenShot2021-07-21at3_33_55PM.png

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Feeling better with taking the slide out of the transition, also with flow, but hands are too low past impact, trail hand turning over lead hand too quickly, hands going across body, going to break out the alignment sticks, especially the one in front of me. More giraffe humping?

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Still working on not sliding. When doing the recentering bit Erik gave me, my arms tended to fall behind so I sped them up, trying to get to right pocket earlier, seems to work. Also trying to keep face from being so shut at A2 screwed up the face at A4, too open, working on getting it neutral/a little shut. Also still working on the giraffe woopie. Using the SpeedBomber and also the alignment sticks to guide path again.

Steve

Worked on giraffe whoopie. A little scary to let the trail arm straighten. Dunno if need to dial down the slide forward. Also a lot of wrist rollover  

Steve