IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

13 minutes ago, mvmac said:

I think the ball position is fine, camera angles are a little different. 

566754362fa68_stevendriver.thumb.jpg.3f3

Thanks. Trying to point at sternum, but the ground is very unlevel where the camera's at and a pain to adjust.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, nevets88 said:

Thanks. Trying to point at sternum, but the ground is very unlevel where the camera's at an pain to adjust.

Ha, I actually think yours is better than mine.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just now, mvmac said:

Ha, I actually think yours is better than mine.

Lol. I'm gonna frame your post. :-P

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Working on staying in inclination, "scrunchy" move w/1W, trying to make better friends with the ground. Yes, there are issues at A8, L arm over-rotated? Hand path should be going higher? FO shows not straightening trail arm fast enough - PA#1? 

But getting better at not retracting the back, especially w/driver. Can shallow the shaft, but major back retraction. Try to maintain inclination, the shaft steepens, big time. Staying in inclination and shallowing is tricky. Easier w/6I and shorter.

Steep downswing. Extra motion - "flourish" - at the end of the BS probably steepened the DS. 

Steve

Nevets88.....you seem to be really grinding on mechanic thoughts.What happens if you just let loose and swing with no mechanics on the mind. 

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

4 minutes ago, collapse said:

Nevets88.....you seem to be really grinding on mechanic thoughts.What happens if you just let loose and swing with no mechanics on the mind. 

What happens is he's not practicing.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, collapse said:

I'd probably go back to retracting the back which is my old swing and really trust my pro tells me to do, but do try and swing as freely and as uncontrived as possible. I used to try and control way too many aspects at once, but realized that you just have to, let it go (© Disney), but within certain parameters.

Steve

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I used to try and control way too many aspects at once, but realized that you just have to, let it go (© Disney), but within certain parameters.

Well clearly the cold never bothered you anyway.

Swing is looking good, Steve. We should get together for another round again sometime.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

23 minutes ago, billchao said:

Well clearly the cold never bothered you anyway.

Swing is looking good, Steve. We should get together for another round again sometime.

Thanks. Was busy this season and kind of got to be a bit of a range rat, but we should definitely play again.

Using a camera in the cold - not fun. :~( But Mother Nature has been kind this month.

Steve

Same stuff. Iron backswing getting too long & underplane - shortened and steepened.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Working on the pivot, "covering" the ball, better rotation. Trusting that shaft shallowing, shorter backswing, trail knee not kicking out is baked in. Looking for less back retracting and the hip turn to look more like good players from A6 to A9. Also trying to finish the swing, get the arms behind me instead of stopping them early.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on better rotation. DTL BS wonky, across line (shallow a little earlier and a tad less hinge?) club is flat follow through, face shut too. But getting used to staying in inclination, getting more rotated at impact, feeling closer to ball around impact. Back retraction slowly going away.

Steve

Working on staying in inclination w/driver. Arms straightening too soon in DTL, also a little steep coming down. Shorts weather, woohoo.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Back on evolvr, as per lesson w/Brian, getting top to turn back first, then hips, lay down club and faster arms, while keeping the stuff from Preston in mind.

Steve

On 4/3/2013 at 8:26 AM, nevets88 said:

I've been Playing Golf for: 7 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 10

My typical ball flight is: High

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: left

Good swing not a ton of issues. You say you hit it high and left I'm in the same boat and have been for many years. Left and high is often a swing path issues and lack of right arm usage. When your path gets to far underneath the plane you either add loft or semi square it up,but because your path is shallow and stuck your right arm get's negated causing you to hang back! It goes left and weak smothered or sometimes just straight but high. This is a host of many problems because if you don't go left you will try to guide it causing pushes or line drive right misses so free up and let it rip.

The illustration below shows exactly to a T how the right arm should be used in the golf swing. Think of this action and get your path less from the inside and more down the line. This is achieved by creating room at address standing the correct distance from the ball and not having to much weight on your back foot and your shoulders more level at set up.

Do this make a good turn and your extension problem will be cured. 

skipping-stones-justin-albrecht.jpg

Edited by Mike Boatright

On 3/12/2016 at 10:18 AM, nevets88 said:

Working on staying in inclination w/driver. Arms straightening too soon in DTL, also a little steep coming down. Shorts weather, woohoo.

This is your best swing here probably because your standing farther away from the ball. Your doing this because it's a driver and you don't even realize it. You need that same extension and gapping with the irons and wedges. Notice how much space you have to hit the ball your right arm is know activated! You hit this one good your weight shift got initiated and your shoulders at impact was just about in the same position at impact which is what we strive for no dipping etc..

Edited by Mike Boatright

On 3/27/2016 at 1:54 AM, Mike Boatright said:

This is your best swing here probably because your standing farther away from the ball. Your doing this because it's a driver and you don't even realize it. You need that same extension and gapping with the irons and wedges. Notice how much space you have to hit the ball your right arm is know activated! You hit this one good your weight shift got initiated and your shoulders at impact was just about in the same position at impact which is what we strive for no dipping etc..

Thanks for the advice. My driver swing, my R arm is too straight at impact, imho it's straightening too quickly. To keep things simple, I'm going to stick with what my pro tells me, as I've tried the skipping rock feel, have had more than a few lessons with pros many moons ago telling me that and it just didn't work for me.

After sending in the iron videos, now going to concentrate on working on getting the arms to work down in sync w/the hips since I think I've cleaned up the backswing issues. Get the knees and hips to load more into the ground - this feels similar to the compressing into the ground Preston worked on with me last summer.

One note on the change to not turn the hips and the upper body at the same time. I think mvmac tried to get me to do this in a lesson awhile back ago, but I don't think I was savvy enough to "get it" back then. Now that I know "feel ain't real" much better and how extreme changes have to be to actually get the look to "change" on video and have been looking at a lot of swing videos and just swing smarter and more aware, I was able to make that change relatively quickly. There's a much bigger stretch feel that old me would not have been comfortable implementing, but after getting used to the "weirdness", this stretch actually makes the backswing feel like I'm loading up more energy and the head is a little steadier.

Steve

21 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Thanks for the advice. My driver swing, my R arm is too straight at impact, imho it's straightening too quickly. To keep things simple, I'm going to stick with what my pro tells me, as I've tried the skipping rock feel, have had more than a few lessons with pros many moons ago telling me that and it just didn't work for me.

After sending in the iron videos, now going to concentrate on working on getting the arms to work down in sync w/the hips since I think I've cleaned up the backswing issues. Get the knees and hips to load more into the ground - this feels similar to the compressing into the ground Preston worked on with me last summer.

One note on the change to not turn the hips and the upper body at the same time. I think mvmac tried to get me to do this in a lesson awhile back ago, but I don't think I was savvy enough to "get it" back then. Now that I know "feel ain't real" much better and how extreme changes have to be to actually get the look to "change" on video and have been looking at a lot of swing videos and just swing smarter and more aware, I was able to make that change relatively quickly. There's a much bigger stretch feel that old me would not have been comfortable implementing, but after getting used to the "weirdness", this stretch actually makes the backswing feel like I'm loading up more energy and the head is a little steadier.

Well hey you gotta go with what works for you. From what I saw in your irons it differed from this swing with the driver a bit. It's very easy to not get extension is a 9 iron vs a driver because the shaft is shorter and by nature it's just different. You wanna have some gapping between your arms and hips but never to the point where your arms are stiff and straight at impact good luck.