IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

nevets88

Now that I think about it, the lesson was more on Key #2. Was spinning out before and now trying to get weight forward. Trying the new pieces, initially made hips go too forward and then body lagged behind, too much secondary axis tilt. Finally remembered to speed up the hands to get everything in sync and more stacked.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Getting the changes into muscle memory. Although the backswing looks different, easy to do. The weight forward is subtle, and hard to see, but definitely feels different. More on top of the ball. Ball starting straight or left more often than way right. Relying less on hands to shallow and more sequencing. Still tricky.

Definitely think with the driver especially, the right hip is pushing out towards ball rather than going with left hip, turning to left. Never got around to trying that video tip one of the posts above, but definitely think getting that right hip more around should be addressed. Pulling the left hip away from ball past impact definitely eliminates the shank and results in a better struck ball. Maybe get the right knee to kiss the left knee somewhere on the downswing.

Still heel hits, but feel good with the swing, think it's just a matter of keeping with the motion and trying to not hit heel using sticks and maybe the noodle. Or basically a swing thought like, hit the toe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Just played 9 holes and had 7 GIRs, all my drives hit the fairway but one which was just 2 yards off the fairway. The par 3 miss was 2 yards off the green. We’ll see if this holds up. Still shot a 41 because short game wonky. It’s a little unsettling being in a decent position off the tee. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Left hip more towards wall and even behind me post impact. Trying to get right knee to “kiss” left knee. Traj (Tigerism) is low though, maybe need more giraffe whoopie. Driver swing feeling more free, but still wary of heel contact, address that with sticks, noodle, hit the toe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Have been practicing hit out of the trees try to get it close to the green shots and got lucky and captured one what worked out although I still 3 putted. Could have gone between the trees for a more direct line, but way more low percentage and more possibility of running it through the green. Also not good at shallowing with a shorter backswing and worked on that.

Need to figure out how to get better camera angles while on course. Not easy. Better appreciate the tv camera man's job if they're trying to get a decent angle.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

19 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Need to figure out how to get better camera angles while on course. Not easy. Better appreciate the tv camera man's job if they're trying to get a decent angle.

Lay down your golf club and set up the camera to that. The camera person has one job to do in the golf course, you’re playing golf. Not only do you have to set up the camera, you have to prepare for your shot, all while being conscious of pace of play. It’s not a fair comparison at all.

Nice shot.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

36 minutes ago, billchao said:

Lay down your golf club and set up the camera to that. The camera person has one job to do in the golf course, you’re playing golf. Not only do you have to set up the camera, you have to prepare for your shot, all while being conscious of pace of play. It’s not a fair comparison at all.

Nice shot.

Thanks. Unfortunately, someetimes I'm setting up the camera myself. Have gotten good at doing it quickly, I suspect I'll be doing this enough times, I'll get a light bulb idea, hopefully.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

The rest of season will concentrate more on making course swing look like range swing. Course swing, right hip and shoulder kicks out and up, probably thinking about keeping ball in control and guiding it.

Two instructor pieces - arms out at A1-A2 and Key #2 weight forward. Plus stuff checking on my own: 1 - avoid arms too low at A4, transition is better when arms are above shoulder plane at 4. Thinking right shoulder down at around A8 onwards helps. 2 - Turn into shoulder, don't drop hands too much in transition. 3 - full turn to left side, don't stall.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Trying to get course swing to match range swing. Course swing, the BS tends to get long, arms not as high, across the line and the transition steepens rather than shallows. Also don't flex the lead wrist as much. Also, the hands finish high and the right shoulder and hips thrust towards ball and up. Basically trying to tidy up the transition plus feeling an exaggerated covering on the downswing when playing. Good drive, decent transition (350 yd hole, drive winded up just off fairway 80 yards to pin), followed by bad drive (lost ball), bad transition.

To be frank, not really sure if this is right diagnosis, it's the one I have for now. Will try and get it looked at by pro when I have a chance.

Getting better with on course camera angles although still not optimal.

What is up with my camera audio, I dunno.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

12 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Trying to get course swing to match range swing. Course swing, the BS tends to get long, arms not as high, across the line and the transition steepens rather than shallows. Also don't flex the lead wrist as much. Also, the hands finish high and the right shoulder and hips thrust towards ball and up. Basically trying to tidy up the transition plus feeling an exaggerated covering on the downswing when playing. Good drive, decent transition (350 yd hole, drive winded up just off fairway 80 yards to pin), followed by bad drive (lost ball), bad transition.

To be frank, not really sure if this is right diagnosis, it's the one I have for now. Will try and get it looked at by pro when I have a chance.

Getting better with on course camera angles although still not optimal.

What is up with my camera audio, I dunno.

Think of a trigger to help get the feel you want. I use, “high hands” a lot. Sometimes I get flat in the BS on the course. Those swings looked good to me. A miss on the course could just be alignment. What is your general flight?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Looks like your shoulder and hip pitch changes in the downswing to very flat. Not sure if maybe feeling like your right hip and right shoulder going down at the ground more, or your left hip and left shoulder going up more will help keep the club from rerouting so much. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

On 9/24/2020 at 7:09 AM, boogielicious said:

Think of a trigger to help get the feel you want. I use, “high hands” a lot. Sometimes I get flat in the BS on the course. Those swings looked good to me. A miss on the course could just be alignment. What is your general flight?

Thanks. Yes, I can do that on the range, I know I can do it on the course and think "high hands" as well, but a lot of times, I just simply forget.

17 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Looks like your shoulder and hip pitch changes in the downswing to very flat. Not sure if maybe feeling like your right hip and right shoulder going down at the ground more, or your left hip and left shoulder going up more will help keep the club from rerouting so much. 

You're right! I'm gonna give that a look next range practice.

Noticed not "covering" the ball well, getting "down to the ground". Worked on that at the range and hit it better and looked better too, but still working on course swing matching range swing. 17th Bethpage Yellow, lipped out birdie putt, still a big difference between range and course swing. Think getting hands higher, should stop last minute internal rotation pull down move at 4. Have yet to play 18 this year, all 9s, wonder if more holes would allow more time to settle and get grooved?

Steve

On 9/28/2020 at 7:33 PM, saevel25 said:

I tried this and it helped! Thanks @saevel25. Thought was left hip higher, right hip lower. Keeping balance better and turning through ball better.

Steve

Getting better with covering, getting closer to ball on the downswing. Also think better at keeping trail elbow closer to body on downswing preventing arms straightening too soon on the downswing thus shanks. Adding a little more speed to the pivot here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Face on video showed head was going back, away from target, around A3, so made it not go back. Feel was head goes forward somewhere around A3. Have been videoing DTL so much, forget to video FO. The change made me cup the wrist at A4, dunno why, so had to work that out. Feeling more lead wrist flex at A4.

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Looking really good Steve!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

Looking really good Steve!

Thanks Scott. The test will be if I can retain all this over the winter to next season.

Steve