IGNORED

My Swing (nevets88)

59 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Same thing as above, more right side bend, flex lead wrist, "fall behind" at 4. The good news is that I haven't hit really bad shanks in awhile. Heel? Yes. Ball mark on shaft? No.

I’ve been working a lot lately on setup and getting center-face contact. I’ve used a dry erase marker and fitting paper. I learned as I made changes over the winter, my former distance from the ball was off. Lots of toe hits. So I’ve made adjustments. I recommend trying that for a few swings every practice or so.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Made the trip to Erie, so totally worth it, should have gone earlier. I hit all the shanks and Erik fixed me straight away and more. Here's the 5 minute drill. Full Swing Was too out-in, han

What happens is he's not practicing.

He likes to put his approach shots within 8' of the pin and get up to the green only to find out he was aiming at the wrong green  All jokes aside, his short game and putting weren't as good as

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I’ve been working a lot lately on setup and getting center-face contact. I’ve used a dry erase marker and fitting paper. I learned as I made changes over the winter, my former distance from the ball was off. Lots of toe hits. So I’ve made adjustments. I recommend trying that for a few swings every practice or so.

Yep, I use dry erase as well. Haven't figured out what to use for wet conditions though.

Also with high speed video, you can tell by how the face deflects whether you hit it on the heel or toe. It's more obvious with driver but you can tell with irons as well.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

In the last couple of videos here, the face is pretty darn shut going to A2, kind of ignored it for awhile, but decided to "fix" it along with the stuff my instructor gave me. There's some fanning of the face open going on, will try and calm it down. Could do better with turning into left shoulder at A4 here, a little whippy in to out.

• Thanks 1

Got a smart ball. Well, the Tourstriker one was sold out, wait until July, so I got a knock off on Amazon in the meanwhile - you have it inflate it and it looks flimsy, but should hold up until the Tourstriker comes. My lead elbow can get very chicken wing-y post A8 and I liked how in videos demonstrating it, the arms move with the torso. I tend to let the arms swing across the body too much post impact, instead of staying in front of body.

Cold topped the first I dunno, 4 balls using it. It really forces me to get down to the ball. And it does help sync up my arms and torso post impact. It also turns out to be an anti-shank aid, tending to hit everything towards the toe. At least it's the honeymoon stage now so we'll see about the shanks. I like the swings I'm seeing after I use the aid. Using it with the driver too and very helpful.

• Thanks 1

A progression.

Hands going out too fast. 

Overdid the shallowing bit?

I think this is more ideal.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Overdoing the hip slide too much lately, not really sure what to do, tried back to target a little longer, also less weight forward at A4. Last three swings of the day.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Overdoing the hip slide too much lately, not really sure what to do, tried back to target a little longer, also less weight forward at A4. Last three swings of the day.

I widened my stance a small amount to help with this. You are not EE. Post a face on if you can too.

8 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I widened my stance a small amount to help with this. You are not EE. Post a face on if you can too.

Here's one where my hands are lagging behind the turn. Not sure why, too much right tilt, hips going too early.

Here's attempted fix.

I dunno, I think I need more hump the giraffe, hands more in front of me and higher at the finish?

I just look so inflexible and old man, well, I guess I'm an old man. Wish I could swing more limberly.

First attempt Erik, slowed it down and not exactly turning as hard. Also tried the feel of tilting my head towards the target at 4. The regrip to strong I tried turning the club head closed to counter it, dunno if that's a good way of countering the regrip.

• Thanks 1