IGNORED

54.10 for Sand Wedge - enough bounce?

Note: This thread is 3001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys,

I recently got a new SW with 54* of loft and 10* of bounce.

After reading a bit more on what a SW should be, it seems that it may not be a great combination.

Any thoughts?

My 54/10 is a great all around wedge. I have no idea if you are a picker or digger, play in soft conditions, or if you need a lot of bounce. Either way, 54/10 is a popular set-up with medium bounce.

Depends on your swing style as Tourspoon suggested.  I use a 54-14 and 58-12, but I am a bit of a digger on full shots.  I have no issue with this amount of bounce on pitches and chips.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Don't just worry about bounce. I played a 54* + 58* last season, but had trouble getting out of the sand with the 54* if the bunker had any lip.

I dumped these two wedges, and replaced them with a 56*.

My sand wedge is a 56 with 14 degrees of bounce. I went with the highest bounce model available on the brand of wedge i went with. The 56.14 combo seems ideal for a SW and the conditions we get here.

Who's to say what "enough" is......

I prefer a little more.  My SW is a 56-14 which l like for softer bunkers, but you're good enough that you likely don't have any trouble.  When you open it up, your effective bounce increases anyways.  What I really like the extra bounce for is those little 60 foot pitches because I have a bit of a tendency to dig.

Note: This thread is 3001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.