Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One thing I've done that has drastically improved my Chipping and Pitching is practice in the back yard with a 5 gallon bucket. I'll normally start at 10-15ft and throw 100 balls at the bucket. The 1st time I did that I got 4 out of 100 in the bucket. Now I routinely get 65-70 in the bucket @ 15ft. I'll go back from there to 30ft and 60ft. In the end it has really helped my accuracy around the greens. Now I figure out where I want to land my ball on the green and "put it in the bucket"

Anybody else do this? How about interesting practice you can do in your back-yard that improves your game/confidence?

Yea, I'm partial to the 5 gallon bucket. I just need the 100 balls, i've only got about 20 or so that i'll practice with, and that gets pretty aggrivating.

My only question is, when on the course, I'm assuming when you hit the ball "in the bucket", it is typically infront of the hole to allow for ball roll? Or do you aim at the pin and hope it stops short? I'm definately seeing my short game "improving", but I find myself leaving alot of 10-15 ft putts, and I'd like to be much closer. Thanks

Flux

I started to do the same thing in my back yard. I use two 5 gallon pales and hit about 75 balls back and forth while moving them further apart. My short game has got much better. I feel much more confident on the course with my wedge now, as before I was just expecting a bad chip. I just wish I would have started doing this earlier.

This is something that I am going to start doing also. Only thing is I leave my backyard grass about 3 to 4 inches high. Im going to have to start mowing it a little lower than that as the rough around where I play is only like 2-3 inches max.

Note: This thread is 5020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.