Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After demoing the 907D2 for a week I've found it to be the most accurate driver I have ever hit. The setup and feel are incredible, and I love the sound off the face. I was never impressed with the previous generations of Titleist drivers but this is an entirely different creature! The club I borrowed from the shop was a 9.5 degree with a Proforce V2 75 Stiff Shaft. I've all but decided to buy one, but I am a little apprehensive because I'm giving up about 10 yds of carry and 10 yds of roll with the 907D2 versus my Callaway FT-3 8.5 degree with Diamana 83X. However, as I said before, the 907D2 is clearly the superior club for me in terms of accuracy. I found 50% more fairways with it and my misses were very acceptable. The launch of the Titleist is just a touch higher than optimal for distance. Unfortunately, there is no one local that carries any demo clubs with custom shafts or 8.5 degree lofts. What is the board's thoughts on purchasing the 907D2 with the same shaft, only in an 8.5 degree loft? Should I order a shaft with a higher kick point (Fujikura 757 or Diamana) in a stiff flex? Should I expect a loft or kick point change to effect my accuracy, or just trajectory? Should I leave well enough alone and order a club with the same specs?

TIA!

thats real tough man. really the best option would be a launch monitor, but that doesn't sound like a realistic option for u. IF you are in fact hitting 50% more fairways id buy it tho, 50% is alot lol. 10 yards of carry shouldnt keep you from hitting way more fairways, because id take 160 from the short stuff than 150 from the crap. good luck, btw the diamana shaft in ur current driver, AWSOME shaft (i have it in mine too) :)

I have the 907 D2 in 8.5* and with the V2 in an X flex. I agree it is an amazing club! I would get the same exact club you demoed unless you just want a slightly lower ball flight... and in that case, get the 8.5

Good luck!

Thanks for the input guys! I dropped by the Callaway tour van stop in Detroit this morning and found the FT-5 and FT-i to be poor fits for me. I ended up coming home to my local shop and ordering the D2 with the same shaft and an 8.5 loft. Can't wait until it comes in!

• 3 months later...

Is the Titleist 907 D2 a driver that is 'definately not for high-handicappers' in ther same way forged muscleback 'blade' irons aren't for beginners, either?

Or can anyone get used to this driver depending on the shaft/loft they go with?

the d2 isn't definetly for low handcappers , but it isnt an extremely forgiving driver. the driver's main strength is its distance and its workability. titleist has made some improvements on it, but it plays more like a rapture than a g5, if you get the analogy

Fletch,

Did you try Miles of Golf in Ann Arbor or Carl's Golf Land? I'd be surprised if they wouldn't have those specs to demo. I have the D1 version and love it. I needed the more forgiving features. I hit 64% of my fairways last Saturday. A personal best. Only had one bad drive. I'll have to check the D2 out at some point.

Note: This thread is 4953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!