• Announcements

    • iacas

      Introducing TST "Clubs!"   08/28/2017

      No, we're not getting into the equipment business, but we do have "clubs" here on TST now. Groups. Check them out here:
Sign in to follow this  
club ho

DQ Brandel Chamblee from the Golf Channel

Recommended Posts

This guy is too much. He made it his personal crusade to blast Tiger Woods every chance he gets. Now I just watched him claim that he is a huge fan of Tiger Woods but he feels tiger should DQ himself. Chamblee is a total hypocrite. My question is  why does Chamblee have such an ax to grind with Tiger Woods? Hit the road Chamblee you are too nauseating. Take your wanna be lawyer three piece suits and get a job on a soap opera.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

Sign up (or log in) today! It's free (and you won't see this ad anymore)!

He's speaking as a golf professional. Sounds like he has more credibility than any of the non-players broadcasting or writing on the subject.  Integrity of the game. No player is above the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no problem with what Brandel said this morning. I also thought that Steve Flesch was spot on as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

He's speaking as a golf professional. Sounds like he has more credibility than any of the non-players broadcasting or writing on the subject.  Integrity of the game. No player is above the rules.

It is clear that committee has reviewed the violation and has entered the appropriate  penalty two strokes. End of story. BTW still watching the golf channel now they got Nick Faldo sitting next to Chamblee both ganging up on Tiger. I'd say get rid of that pompous ass as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by club ho

It is clear that committee has reviewed the violation and has entered the appropriate  penalty two strokes. End of story. BTW still watching the golf channel now they got Nick Faldo sitting next to Chamblee both ganging up on Tiger. I'd say get rid of that pompous ass as well.

Your man crush is showing...

You're bashing two former golf professionals who have both played more rounds than you and I combined.  Tiger clearly violated the rules, that we can agree on.  There is a pretty clear precedent on tour of situations such as this that players will DQ themselves out of respect for the game.

If anything you should be disgusted that Tiger is getting a free pass because he's the PGA Tour's golden goose.

Perhaps you'll disagree with Faldo and Chamblee, but they certainly aren't BASHING Tiger, they're just stating they're opinion on the subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no problem with what Brandel said this morning. I also thought that Steve Flesch was spot on as well.

What bothered me about Chamblee was when he said that he wanted To see Tiger make a run at Jack but in the next breath said he didn't want Tiger to get it "Like this" and that Tiger should disqualify himself. Are you kidding me? He broke a rule and was penalized for it, why in the world should he DQ himself? Plus, if he can come Back from this and win, it could be one of the greatest Masters stories ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

I have no problem with what Brandel said this morning. I also thought that Steve Flesch was spot on as well.

I agree. I think Brandel is a pompous douche and has been unnecessarily anti-Tiger in the past, but I totally agree with his opinion on this matter. Especially since he did say in the interview he changed his spot on purpose. He knows he's getting away with murder, and even those in golf circles who didn't abandon him a few years ago would probably see this as a sign of bad character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The new rule was brought in just for this reason, yes i agree without the new rule he would be DQ , but rules are rules and i like freddy think its a good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bjakey

The new rule was brought in just for this reason, yes i agree without the new rule he would be DQ , but rules are rules and i like freddy think its a good one.

Actually no, it was brought in for balls that wobble on greens or in the fairway/rough that the player has no possible way to see.  Things like marking your ball on the green and when you pull your marker away it it moves ever so slightly.

The rule isnt in place for rule errors by the players.

EDIT: and yes Brandel is a douche and has been ever since the Tiger scandal.  If I didnt know better id say Tiger banged his wife or one of his daughters.  I dont think hes way in the wrong here though.  Im starting to think its really a matter of opinion. ;\

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not what he says, it's how he says it. Dude should change his name to Summer's Eve. Even if he is spot on the point is lost in all his passive aggressive ranting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by eich41

Your man crush is showing...

You're bashing two former golf professionals who have both played more rounds than you and I combined.  Tiger clearly violated the rules, that we can agree on.  There is a pretty clear precedent on tour of situations such as this that players will DQ themselves out of respect for the game.

If anything you should be disgusted that Tiger is getting a free pass because he's the PGA Tour's golden goose.

Perhaps you'll disagree with Faldo and Chamblee, but they certainly aren't BASHING Tiger, they're just stating they're opinion on the subject.

As I said before the committee has ruled. The penalty two strokes. Your hatred of TW is what is showing. Not enough blood for you apparently. As I understand it just listening to PGA radio Tiger was told walking up the 18th hole that his drop was fine. This is the problem with the hyper media and golf. Golf is the only sport that allows rulings on plays to be reversed after the game is completed based on couch potato referees like yourself. Just out of curiosity how many times did Jack Nicklaus make an errand drop similar to TW during his majors during the 60's,70's or 80's? Two ,three ,six?  Given the limited TV coverage we will never know. As  golf purest we must abide by the ruling of the golf committee at Augusta as TW has. I believe he has an argument for no penalty given what he was told while walking up the 18th fairway yesterday.  Your bullying comment suggesting I have a romantic attachment to TW shows what a bigoted fellow you are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by eich41

Your man crush is showing...

You're bashing two former golf professionals who have both played more rounds than you and I combined.  Tiger clearly violated the rules, that we can agree on.  There is a pretty clear precedent on tour of situations such as this that players will DQ themselves out of respect for the game.

If anything you should be disgusted that Tiger is getting a free pass because he's the PGA Tour's golden goose.

Perhaps you'll disagree with Faldo and Chamblee, but they certainly aren't BASHING Tiger, they're just stating they're opinion on the subject.

Or, just maybe, Tiger should respect the ruling of the committee.  It is not a free pass, it is a ruling.

BTW, the only good thing about Chamblee is his hair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

LOL...clearly we have a few TW fans in this thread.  Tiger should have been DQed but a new rule allowed the tournament organizers to not DQ him at their discretion.  Had it been anyone else, it would have been a DQ.

It makes them look like a hypocrite when they penalize a 14 year old kid for being slow (something that the pros do all the time and are never penalized) yet they seemingly give Tiger a pass because he is Tiger.

Tiger should be a man of honor and WD because should he go on to win The Masters, it will be a tainted win.

Im sorry that some people cant handle Chamblee stating the obvious but maybe the problem isnt him, its you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't about being a fan. The committee shouldn't be subject to second guessing. If golf is about integrity then along with observing the rules we have to accept their resolution. To assume they've done something deceptive to favor a player is as wrong as anything concerning this matter. Can't have it both ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2017 TST Partners

    Talamore Golf Resort
    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
    Mission Belt
    Snell Golf
    Frogger Golf
    PitchFix USA
  • Posts

    • Yup! Feels like Fall/Winter is finally upon us! Could have used a little more Summer, but I actually love Fall golf. As long as it's not too soggy!
    • I think I'd rather sweat my butt off rather than have a cramp in my back! I got cramps in my lower back many, many years ago. I couldn't sit down, lay down, stand up, or do anything! It was pure agony! Give me sweating anytime! At least I can move when I sweat.
    • My review/write up of the round at Pinehurst #2. Overall, Pinehurst #2 is a fantastic experience and one that I would recommend for any serious golfer. The course is incredible. The atmosphere is great, too, with people watching you tee off on 1 and finishing on 18. We got to Pinehurst about an hour and a half before our tee time. Found the pro shop after wandering down the memorabilia hallway, including the Payne Stewart stuff from 1999. The pro shop could put a Golf Galaxy to shame with the selection of merchandise it had. You name it, the shop had the Pinehurst logo on it. It took a herculean effort to avoid buying everything in the damn store, because it was impressive. Ended up with a ball mark, a hat, and a yardage book. Bullet dodged. (You're going to be a great dad!) (1999 US Open winning putt) (Trophy Case) We go out to the driving range, and fog is rolling in. We were hoping it would lift before our round started, but it gave the place a cool, eerie vibe to it. After playing around with the FlightScope Mevo at the range a bit, we headed out to the tee. (Looking out from the pro shop, driving range is behind that building) (Looking back at the clubhouse from the practice green) We played in a cart. It was cart path only. Your options are to either take a cart or take a caddy and walk. You cannot walk the course carrying your own bag. We took the cart because we didn’t want to spend the extra $60 plus tip on the caddy. In hindsight, I would recommend taking a caddy. I ended up walking down the fairway on quite a few holes just to soak in the experience more. Having a caddy isn’t my favorite thing in the world, but I would put up with it next time. Plus, the extra $60 isn’t much when considering the greens fee. We started on the 10th hole, which is a 580 yard par 5. And the fog hadn’t lifted yet, so we weren’t sure where exactly to hit to. But it lifted when we got to the tee box on 11, so it didn’t matter much. Teeing off on 10 was fine, but it was a little anti-climactic to end on 9 instead of 18. On the other hand, I thought the front 9 was better than the back 9. (Number 10 tee, with fog) I don’t really want to go through the course hole by hole, or bore you with how many bunkers I was in and how much my short game sucked. I’ll give general thoughts and highlight a hole or two that I liked. Before getting to that, let’s get this out here: I played like crap. But I want to come back and play that course again, and if I’m ever near Pinehurst again, I will go out of my way to play it. It was awesome. The only other US Open course I’ve played is Torrey Pines, and Pinehurst #2 blows Torrey out of the water. Anyways, I ended up shooting a 95 and only hitting 5 GIR. I also had 34 putts. I had one lost ball. That doesn’t make add up, you say. Well, read on… The course is amazing. It is wide off the tee, and there’s not really much danger off the tee, except finding your ball in a tuft of wispy grass. I hit 11 of 14 fairways. Ask anybody who played with me at the Newport Cup – I’m not that consistent off the tee. It was a slightly better day that usual for me on that, but the fairways were still very generous. If you missed the fairway, you were in a sandy waste area that I’m sure you all remember from the US Open. Generally, you would catch a good lie in these areas. Unless you found the wispy long grass there, which I did once. I was almost completely stymied by it and ended up just having to whack at it and hope I got a better lie with my next shot. (In the wispy grass. The green direction is the top of the photo. Not really many options here.) The greens themselves aren’t actually too hard. They are domed/turtlebacked and are quite intimidating from the fairway. They look really small, although I didn’t think they were all that small when you get up there. When you get on the green, putting isn’t that bad. We estimated they were running about a 12. Mid-South supposedly ran at an 11 when played there in the Newport Cup, and these greens were noticeably faster. They aren’t tiered or anything like that. Just sloped. Like ski slopes.   That said, these greens make the course difficult. If you miss the green in the wrong spot, bogey is the best you can do, and you’ll make a lot of double bogeys. If you are in the wrong bunker, you are completely screwed. I ended up in 8 bunkers – without hitting a single fairway bunker. Twice I went from one bunker to another around the green. I easily lost 10 strokes because of bunkers. The mistake I made was in attacking too many flags from the bunkers instead of playing to the center of the green. If you’re not a superb sand player, ignore the flag. I want to go back and make myself play just onto the center of the green from the greenside sand, because I would easily be in the 80s if I did that. If you’re not in a greenside bunker but you miss the green, you have options. There’s no rough on the course, so you can putt almost everything. Which I did, but my putting sucks, so it didn’t work as well as it should have. But you can generally putt, pitch, or chip from almost anywhere around the greens. Getting the speed right is the difficult part. I never flew a green, but it looked like beyond the greens is dead. I came up short several times, which was where your miss needed to be on most holes. I generally hit the ball like crap on approaches, with some exceptions. I was mentally and physically spent from the Newport Cup, I think. My irons were 20 yards shorter than the day before. My decision making was, well, non-existent. And this is a course that demands precision when approaching the greens. Not the greatest formula. With that out of the way, onto the holes. I want to highlight a few cool ones. 18 was my favorite. The setting was so cool, with the clubhouse in the background and people watching you play around the green. Selecting a good line off the tee was key – right side of the fairway yields a shorter approach and more fairway to work with. I managed to find the right side of the fairway off the tee. I then got one of our playing partners to take some pictures of me hitting my approach, and the pictures are so cool. 18 was the Payne Stewart pin position when we played it, and I roped a 7 iron to about 25 feet. There was a crowd, and they would applaud good shots around the green. With the clubhouse there, it was astonishing. (Addressing the ball on 18) (Backswing complete on 18) (Follow through on 18. This photo gives me goosebumps, and that shot was pure.) 4 and 5 were visually stunning as well. 4 is a long par 4 that winds around and into a little low spot on the course. It’s the most remote part of the course, surrounded by some trees and multimillion-dollar homes. 5 plays back up the hill as a par 5, and it’s visually tricky. It looks like your line from the tee is the left side, but that brings a fairway bunker and the waste area into play. You cannot see the extent of the waste area from the tee. You want to favor the left side to get a shorter shot into the green, because it’s a reachable par 5. That brings the waste area and the lottery of getting a good lie in it into play. (Looking back on the 5th green. You can sort of see how domed the greens are.) Finally, the par 3s are monsters. They all played over 160, and those menacing greens make the tee shots a lot more difficult than they should be. Phil and I both hit the longest one in regulation, which was awesome. My tee shot hit the front of the green and was about 2 feet from rolling off the back because of the slope. That gives you an idea of how firm and severe the greens are. (My birdie putt on 6, which was playing at 205)   (Video of @phillyk's birdie putt on 6; he made par)   (Video of my birdie putt on 6 ... three putted) Some course pictures: (View up the first fairway, from the second tee box) (View up the 8th fairway) (View back down the fairway on hole 8 from the green) (Looking up the 13th hole from the tee) I will swallow my pride and admit that I played the wrong tees. We played the tips, which were 6900 yards. While I never had an issue of reaching the greens in regulation, I didn’t have a single wedge into a par 4 green. Like I said, I was mentally and physically spent from the Newport Cup, so I think playing a box up would have been more enjoyable. If I go back, I will play from the middle tees, which are about 6300 yards. I’ll have a lot more fun with the occasional wedge rather than the constant 6 irons I was hitting. By the way, I cannot fathom shooting a 65 from nearly 7600 like Martin Kaymer did at the US Open. This course is demanding, and it’s hard to believe that 65 could be had out there. I’m not an excellent golfer, but I’m an okay stick. The gap between me and him is a chasm that’s 50 miles wide and 10 miles deep. Do I have complaints? Two minor ones. First, it was less penal to go further offline off the tee. The long wispy grass came into play if you were still close to the fairway, but if you went way off line and ended up under a tree, you were going to get a better lie because there was only pinestraw there. I don’t like really bad misses getting penalized less than average misses. Also, the greenside sand was inconsistent. Some bunkers were like playing out of concrete. I hit a couple of sand shots expecting there to be sand and there was none (in full disclosure, there was a “local rule” that said the bunkers weren’t actually bunkers, but I played them like bunkers). Ultimately, hit the generous fairways and avoid the bunkers, and it isn’t an issue. These are minor quibbles.  We ended the round and went into the pro shop again. We then walked around outside for a little bit, taking some pictures in front of the Payne Stewart statue. We then had to leave pretty quickly to get to the airport. It would have been nice to stay a bit and have a beer while watching golfers come in. But that’s just a reason to come back… (Me at the Payne Stewart statue)
    • I figured you'd be the first to revive this thread.   Our local news is saying there is a chance of snow within the next week, even if it doesn't stick.   The UP is suppose to get 3-5" of snow!
  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Covert
      Covert
      (74 years old)
    2. opie
      opie
      (40 years old)
    3. Robert Diddings
      Robert Diddings
      (33 years old)
  • Get Great Gear with Amazon