IGNORED

DQ Brandel Chamblee from the Golf Channel

club ho
Note: This thread is 3865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went to change.org and created a petition to have Mike McCarley, president of Golf Channel, remove Brandel Shamblee as a commentator. You are welcome to sign it or create your own for others to sign. I hope we can get 3-4 million people to agree with this effort.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by alimobo2002

I went to change.org and created a petition to have Mike McCarley, president of Golf Channel, remove Brandel Shamblee as a commentator. You are welcome to sign it or create your own for others to sign. I hope we can get 3-4 million people to agree with this effort.

You're an idiot.

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting idea. I shall visit the site.

However, I am very amused at the efforts of the GC commentators, as they try to sound even handed about the players and today's final round.

Especially BC. He is rather low key and very soft spoken in his comments. A changed person?  Time will tell. But then again, I say every commentator that called for Tiger to withdraw "for the good of the game" were wrong and need to be called out for it. I guess in adversity, you really see WHO your friends are!

I went to change.org and created a petition to have Mike McCarley, president of Golf Channel, remove Brandel Shamblee as a commentator. You are welcome to sign it or create your own for others to sign. I hope we can get 3-4 million people to agree with this effort.

And have change.org email me seven dozen times a day again? No thank you.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

And have change.org email me seven dozen times a day again? No thank you.

They really, really, really, really, really, really, really want you to change, Jamo.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

I'm glad Tiger decided to play on. Many of us have learned to embrace the ruling in the last day or so. Even Brandel.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Originally Posted by Yukari

It seems those who are having trouble accepting the decision is leaving out the most important fact about this case:

As people have been saying, the rules committee DECIDED prior to Tiger signing his card that there was no violation of the rule.  Therefore, DQ'ing was NOT an option as Tiger did NOT sign an "incorrect" scorecard.

Right - from the committee's perspective at the time he signed, it was a correct score - it wasn't until later that it became an incorrect score

But from Tiger's perspective, who had more accurate and full knowledge than the committee with respect to whether the drop was legal or not, it was an incorrect score at the time he signed.

So it all depends on whose perspective takes precedence when trying to determine whether the rules call for a DQ. I don't know if there's a right answer, but I believe the player's perspective should take precedence, because of my bolded text above. I believe the committee's mistake in ruling it legal among themselves is irrelevant since they never actually told Tiger they had done so. Only that should've exonerated him from a DQ, IMO.

But because there's no precedence for this situation and no cut-and-dried rule/decision that addresses it, I also believe the committee acted within their power to invoke rule 33-7 and waive the DQ based on what they deemed was an exceptional individual case.

Bill

The Grassy knoll!  Where was Lee Harvey?  With Brandel?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by 72isgood

All I will say is Jack didn't break any ROG.  I am 101% a Tiger fan and would like to see him break Jack's record.  But I don't want the new record (?????) tainted

You have no way of knowing this, considering that maybe 15%, TOPS, of Jack's shots were telecast, far fewer were replayed, and no other replays were available to the general viewing public.  As compared to virtually 100% of Tigers shots being shown and replayed, and available for viewer replay through DVR recordings, and Internet videos.

Originally Posted by David B

Na, keep BC! Love his honesty, and he calls it like it is!! Even Sir Nick said he should have DQ himself! I agree!

But then Nick found out the facts and changed his opinion.  Something that mature people do.  And something that the likes of Brandel and Feinstein will never do because of their pre-existing biases.

Originally Posted by luu5

What if http://sports.yahoo.com/news/golf--photos-show-tiger-woods-may-not-have-deserved-a-two-stroke-penalty-204353354.html

Interesting take, but not conclusive and too late, in any case.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by club ho

It is clear that committee has reviewed the violation and has entered the appropriate  penalty two strokes. End of story. BTW still watching the golf channel now they got Nick Faldo sitting next to Chamblee both ganging up on Tiger. I'd say get rid of that pompous ass as well.

Do you believe that if is was any other golfer in the field the committee would have made the same decision?  Somehow I think it had more to do with ratings than with golf.  It was the first time in my memory that someone has signed an incorrect score card and not received a DQ penalty.  I just don't see how this situation was different to warrant a lesser penalty.

Butch

• Administrator
Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Do you believe that if is was any other golfer in the field the committee would have made the same decision?  Somehow I think it had more to do with ratings than with golf.  It was the first time in my memory that someone has signed an incorrect score card and not received a DQ penalty.  I just don't see how this situation was different to warrant a lesser penalty.

To answer your first question, yes.

The Masters couldn't care less about "ratings." Prove otherwise.

This situation was different, and why has been explained many, many times already.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Agreed that this Brandel character made an ass out of himself before the facts were out concerning Tiger's foul.  $200 suit, $300 hair cut trying for the pit boss look, his self righteous pontificating became nauseating real fast.

• Administrator

The more of you who sign up to post, or sign a petition, the more secure Brandel's job.

Originally Posted by iacas

To answer your first question, yes.

The Masters couldn't care less about "ratings." Prove otherwise.

This situation was different, and why has been explained many, many times already.

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Given the history of the Masters tournament and the club at  Augusta as the above poster agrees the Augusta club does care about media concerns and or impacts as has been reflected in there reluctance to allow woman to be club members until just recently. One thing that is clear to me is that there is hard core TW haters that for whatever reason  they are hell bent ontarnishing his image. My son now 25 years old is one heck of a good golfer. Hits the ball a country mile and I am sure it was TW who inspired him to play golf. I was a hockey and tennis player but when my son asked if he could try playing golf some 12 years ago I supported and in fact decided to try it myself. Best thing that ever happened to both me and my son. Make no mistake about it TW has done more to promoting golf than anyone. These pompous pros who want him to DQ himself should remind themselves if not for TW the winning purses would more like the Tennis winning purses.

Note: This thread is 3865 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!