IGNORED

DQ Brandel Chamblee from the Golf Channel

club ho
Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by M2R

Didn't happen to be around in 1958 when Palmer won his first Masters by any chance?  Committee ruled that his second ball score on the 12th hole was valid and changed a 5 to a 3 even though it appears he did not play the second ball correctly according to procedure.

Remember, the procedure has since changed.  At the time, you played out, then went back and played out again.  Now, you drop and play simultaneously.  That kept Ken Venturi whining for almost 50 years.  In fact, he's probably still whining about it.  Maybe that's who Sergio learned it from.

Originally Posted by lenman73

I dont need to turn anything around.  If you take what I wrote and change the names in it to whom ever you want the same still applies.

You mean you don't like or respect them personally even though you don't know them personally either?  Gotcha.

Originally Posted by minitour

Remember, the procedure has since changed.  At the time, you played out, then went back and played out again.  Now, you drop and play simultaneously.  That kept Ken Venturi whining for almost 50 years.  In fact, he's probably still whining about it.

Are you sure? Not my understanding, the rule even then was the two balls were to be played concurrently not consecutively. Here is the rule in effect in 1956-1960:

5. Stroke Play: Doubt as to Procedure

In stroke play only, when a competitor is doubtful of his rights or procedure, he may play out the hole with the ball in play and, at the same time, complete the play of the hole with a second ball.   Before playing a stroke with either ball, the competitor must announce to his marker his intention to proceed under this Rule and must announce which ball he wants to score with if the Rules permit.

If it were as you suggest I would expect something like " ... he may play out the hole with the ball in play and then subsequently complete play of the hole with a second ball. Before ... " . Anyway my point was lots of similarities in the two incidents, lots misinformation, lots of opinions, confusion, and interpretations of what happened and what should have happened. Earlier I quoted " According to Morrissett, it does not appear that Palmer played the second ball correctly. ", and I'm with Morrissett, Palmer didn't proceed correctly playing the second ball just as Tiger didn't proceed correctly with his drop. Same outcome too, committee rules and tournament goes forward, just as it should.

Mike

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
I hope the Golf Channel will wise up and finally get rid of Brandel. "Westwood has never been a complete package?" Please...

Um... He hasn't... If he had, he'd have won a few majors by now with his great tee to green game. Not that I don't think Brandel is a tool and has a stupid little boy haircut, because I do, but he's right on that one.

Colin P.

Originally Posted by colin007

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbell8875

I hope the Golf Channel will wise up and finally get rid of Brandel. "Westwood has never been a complete package?" Please...

Um... He hasn't... If he had, he'd have won a few majors by now with his great tee to green game. Not that I don't think Brandel is a tool and has a stupid little boy haircut, because I do, but he's right on that one.

Yeah, as much as I hate Chamblee, he's actually kind of right. Westwood has been really good in a lot of tournaments. He's been really good for 2 or 3 rounds in majors. But he's never been able to put it all together for 4 rounds in a major. I really, really hope he can hold on to it tomorrow. As long as he stays around even or 1 under, I think he'll take it. I don't see anyone going low.

Tyler Martin

Back to Brandel C....

This morning, BC said Tiger was playing better than last year - shades of the old Tiger - that his game was more sound since the elbow issue had passed, and that Tiger definitely had a chance to win the (British) Open Championship!!!

What a surprising world we live in...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Back to Brandel C.... This morning, BC said Tiger was playing better than last year - shades of the old Tiger - that his game was more sound since the elbow issue had passed, and that [COLOR=800000] Tiger definitely had a chance to win the (British) Open Championship!!! [/COLOR] What a surprising world we live in...

He still has a stupid haircut...

Colin P.

• 3 weeks later...

I think Chamblee has a problem with himself that he projects onto Tiger Woods.

The problem Chamblee has is he only has one win on the PGA tour and his best

show in a major was 18th at the Masters back in 1989 or something. Either that or

it might have something to do with his upbringing if you know what I mean.

Chamblee has a punch me face.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

When it comes to golf analysts, Brandel Chamblee is the real deal

Chamblee, however, is the real deal. I think of him as "the Paul Krugman of golf" because he's provocative, witty, historically informed, technically cogent and possessed of a self-assurance bordering on arrogance. If there were a Nobel Prize for golf commentary -- and there should be -- I'd nominate Chamblee, and I'd support my nomination with video from Thursday evening's Golf Channel recap of the PGA Championship.

Read more: http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/brandel-chamblee-real-deal#ixzz2blAd4pCs

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Brandel did call out the obvious fact that Tiger would be challenged at the PGA by his long game. This was not a surprise, but he seemed to be the most vocal about it. He is not scared to have an opinion, which is why I would rather hear his than someone who is afraid they might tick someone off. Some of the others are just too PC golf-wise to ever go out on a limb.

Now as far as his tournament record. Imo, he has enough Tour experience and has been around golf long enough to know what he is talking about.

*puts on flame retardant suit*

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Maybe its because I get my analysis here, but I wish golf commentary--at least during the tournament itself, if not all the other shows--would stick to the facts.  I'm a little tired of hearing the announcer try to diagnose pro's swing flaws or tell me "Now this putt is uphill, I'd play it very aggressive and maybe one inch outside the left lip."  I have no faith that their swing analysis is correct and I don't care what shot the announcer would play.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I don't care if Brandel or Miceli critique Tiger's play, especially when he plays poorly but too often with those guys it's a personal vendetta and not about their swing.  Both Tiger and Phil played horribly so I expect there to be quite a bit of "analysis" on them this week.  Seems they are cutting Phil some slack, blaming his media commitments after winning The Open for his poor play this week, but they seem ready to pounce on Tiger.

Joe Paradiso

I may not agree with Chamblee, but I do like analysts with well-reasoned opinions and not afraid to spout them. He has attitude, and it works to get people talking.

I like Chamblee on TGC.

I think this sums up Chamblee, although some people just don't care for him:

"I may not always agree with Brandel, but when I do, I tolerate him."

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Chamblee is dying to be the Skip Bayless of the Golf World.

He hasn't quite hit the cocky, obnoxious, condescending, rude, report rumors as facts level of Bayless.

"I do not tune in to Skip Bayless, because when I do, I must buy another television.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Now that was funny...........On one hand I respect anyone who speaks their mind like Chamblee does. On the other hand in a game like golf where it's soooooooooo freakin hard, I dont think a guy with one win is the right guy to listen to on this subject. His whole Michael Jordan analogy to me was off base here's way. I understand where he was trying to go, he said that you wouldnt catch MJ working on the fundamentals of free throw shooting before an NBA Finals game, so Tiger shouldnt have the glove under his arm pit on the range before a Major. That wuld be true if Tiger hadnt changed his swing/technique so many times over the years. NBA players for the most part have the same jumper they graduated high school with so you cant really compare the two.................In my humble still learning golf 24 Handicap opinion. LOL

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Note: This thread is 3892 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!