IGNORED

What do you do with old clubs?

Note: This thread is 4021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anybody out there have creative things that they like to do with old golf clubs? Donate them to the local first tee organization? Convert the shafts into garden steaks? I picked up my new irons for 2013, I won't be getting rid of the old irons, but looking in the golf closet, I have accumulated more than my fair share of failed experiments, and am not really certain what to do with all of it. Most of the stuff is of the component club variety so it doesn't have a lot of value, but it still plays great and I would love it to find a home and if somebody needed the clubs. So how about this does TST have a pay it forward program? If they do, does anybody have a need for a left handed set of clubs? I don't have a spare bag but probably have everything else.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Originally Posted by clearwaterms

Does anybody out there have creative things that they like to do with old golf clubs? Donate them to the local first tee organization? Convert the shafts into garden steaks?

I picked up my new irons for 2013, I won't be getting rid of the old irons, but looking in the golf closet, I have accumulated more than my fair share of failed experiments, and am not really certain what to do with all of it.

Most of the stuff is of the component club variety so it doesn't have a lot of value, but it still plays great and I would love it to find a home and if somebody needed the clubs.

So how about this does TST have a pay it forward program? If they do, does anybody have a need for a left handed set of clubs? I don't have a spare bag but probably have everything else.

It did this with two old sets.  They are very appreciative.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If my older clubs have value then I sell them to help pay for the new ones.  If they have little or no value then it's a different story.  I've made alignment aids out of my old drivers before.  I've also given old sets to the Salvation Army, they weren't good clubs but someone just starting may appreciate them.

I donate it to the caddies at my club. I started golf by receiving a set from a member when i was a 13 year old caddie. They were blades, so i learned how to play really well really fast with the dime sized sweet spot and not the game improvements clubs that fixes your faults and doesn't really help you improve, but pacify your faults.

Originally Posted by RichardR

I donate it to the caddies at my club. I started golf by receiving a set from a member when i was a 13 year old caddie. They were blades, so i learned how to play really well really fast with the dime sized sweet spot and not the game improvements clubs that fixes your faults and doesn't really help you improve, but pacify your faults.

Dime size huh?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I give them all to the first tee. Bags and balls too.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

First Tee. I gave 'em a set of g10's 3-pw and 2 Wilson Staff putters after my dad gave em back to me last week.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I played MacGregor MT irons from 1974 to 1994, and added MT driver and woods from 1984 to 1994.

When I got new clubs in 1994, the pro and clubsmith told me he could give me $60 for the MT irons - or, I could just keep them for history's sake: The MTs of the era were a prominent model of club.

So, I found a vinyl carry bag at a garage sale, and now have a 1970s era bag with the MT irons and woods, and the Acushnet Bullseye putter I used for 20 years. The under-40 crowd likes to try out the 2 iron.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I gave my previous set to a friend who wanted to start golfing, but didn't have the money to go buy a decent set of clubs.  In the past, I've usually kept one full set in a spare bag as a "guest set" in case I have a friend/family member visiting who wants to golf (my previous set and/or failed "experiments" that I no longer use).  I don't buy new clubs often enough to have a garage/closet full of old clubs I'm no longer using - if I get to the point that I have more than one full spare set, I usually pass them down to a friend/relative.  If they're infrequent and/or new golfers, it's almost always an upgrade for them.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 4021 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!