IGNORED

Junior Golfers

Note: This thread is 2800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many junior golfers are on the site?
Age 17 or less.
What is your club like?
Do they organise events for you or do you join in with members?

im 15, been a member for 3 years, i hate my golf club, the staff are rude, the seniors are rude and they dont care about us at all, my restrictions are stupid and i can barely get time to golf. We have a junior opening day, club championship and junior closing day, we also have junior clinics for free but i dont go to those.

yeah we have one thursday am a week for our competition we also get free lesson every 3 weeks but every other day we can only go out after 4.30pm.

You can play in the monthly medals but you need a handicap of 18

You have to be off 15 or less to play at the weekend with members in my club, i need to drop 3.1 shots by august 31st!

I'm 17 and I work at a little par 3 course that's next to a regular sized course with 36 holes (member and non-member side). And I get to play there for free as long as I don't make a tee-time. I have a lot of friends over there so I can play with them... It's awesome.

And I'm in a Junior Tour here in Tennessee. It's very well organized and sponsored by TaylorMade and Adidas.

Just out of said age range, i'm 18, had my birthday in April, but i'm still considered a juinor at my golf club, also we have recently had a large group of young kids join our club, 15 - 20 of them aged 12 - 15, and they are treated as full members, there are no restrictions placed on them and they are allowed to enter all the tournaments, and rightfully so, some of them are very talented(in my opinion) in under a year they are on handicaps of 10 - 15.

I'm 15...I play in my own Junior Golf tournaments outside of my home course. I don't really belong to a "club" I have a membership to a public course, though. I can go out any time I want no restrictions...pretty cool I guess.

im 15, been a member for 3 years, i hate my golf club, the staff are rude, the seniors are rude and they dont care about us at all, my restrictions are stupid and i can barely get time to golf. We have a junior opening day, club championship and junior closing day, we also have junior clinics for free but i dont go to those.

mine is very similar, though me and my friends are 15/16 we still get pushed around by the adults who think that were not that good.

It's so-so at my club. No member can tee off before 1 PM on weekends and holidays without paying full price, and juniors can only play on one course (out of three), and can only walk. At least if they're by themselves. If they're with someone else, obviously, they can play any of the three and ride in the cart, etc...

I'm 16 and play at 3 public courses, one in the city, one near my cottage, one near my grandparent's house. I love them all, and even though I'm not very good (yet), no one gives me a hard time.

I'm 14 and my club is actually pretty good. There are 5-6 junior events/competitions a month and there are no special rules, except you're not allowed to play the championship course unless your handicap is under 30.

Im 17 so Im just about a junior at my club. They have tournaments every Sunday, and Wednesday in the summer. I never play in them because I am still not as good as most others and alot of the other people my age there are not really friendly. I just play with 1 or 2 friends that I have known before I got into golf so I don't really participate much in what the club organises. I'd say they are pretty inclusive of the junior members at my club.

Note: This thread is 2800 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!