IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

What do you mean, if there is room?  There's no limit!  You're in!!!!!!!

You know the password, right??

The password is "Eric" spelled with a C

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

The password is "Eric" spelled with a C

Except we change it every couple of weeks.  I think next week it's going to be "Apple stinks! PC's rule!" (OK, maybe that isn't A word, per se, but what are you gonna do?)

Except we change it every couple of weeks.  I think next week it's going to be "Apple stinks! PC's rule!"  :-P   (OK, maybe that isn't A word, per se, but what are you gonna do?)

Can I request it be "Jamieson" spelled "Jamison" or "Jameson" or "Jaimeson" or "Phil" one week?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Any of those except July 7th would work for me. That's my dad's birthday and I'm sure we'll be doing something with my parents.

I've been told that the July 14th date will also not work as I will be attending a wedding. If I'm gonna make this one it'll have to be one of the June dates.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I've been told that the July 14th date will also not work as I will be attending a wedding. If I'm gonna make this one it'll have to be one of the June dates.

OK, well, then that is 2 of us who vote no on July 14th, and I believe you can't do the 7th either.  Nobody has said no to either of the June dates, and Mike said he prefers the 30th.

With that said ... I hereby nominate Sunday June 30th as the date. If there are no objections, Beach can start researching courses and times for us.  And then Mike can swoop in with his PGA member status and score us some deals!

Beach, let's ask Oak Quarry on Saturday for some info!

OK, well, then that is 2 of us who vote no on July 14th, and I believe you can't do the 7th either.  Nobody has said no to either of the June dates, and Mike said he prefers the 30th.

With that said ... I hereby nominate Sunday June 30th as the date.  If there are no objections, Beach can start researching courses and times for us.  And then Mike can swoop in with his PGA member status and score us some deals!

Sounds good... Sunday, June 30th should be our day.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

List of courses for us to consider:

Goose Creek: http://www.goosecreekgc.com

Oak Quarry: http://www.oakquarry.com

Dos Lagos: http://www.doslagosgolf.com

If you have others post them... of the three, I think Oak Quarry would be my first choice followed by Goose Creek. Dos Lagos did look like a pretty good course when we were there for AimPoint though. The only knock on Dos Lagos is that they don't have a range (although they do have nets to hit into to warm up).

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I for one have been wanting to play Oak Quarry for quite some time, and Mr. Desmond's pics/review are further impetus for me to want to play here. Fingers crossed we can get a deal there!

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by jefkve

I for one have been wanting to play Oak Quarry for quite some time, and Mr. Desmond's pics/review are further impetus for me to want to play here. Fingers crossed we can get a deal there!

Playing there Saturday for the first time.  I will be sure to take some pics and report back.  Looks like a lot of fun.

I f****n hate this game, but I'd like to come play with ya'll just to meet up and have a drink afterwards.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Playing there Saturday for the first time.  I will be sure to take some pics and report back.  Looks like a lot of fun.

How was Oak Quarry? Did you get any info?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

it was 100 degrees out there and its only the beginning of May!!!

which is why i voted for OC cuz its at least 10degrees cooler over here!

the course was very nice,  although a lot of bugs.  I felt like i was swarmed at the chipping area and then a couple times during the round.

But I played the course 6 shots better than BitchComber!  So i am down if thats the place we are playing.

How was Oak Quarry? Did you get any info?

It was really nice.  In fantastic shape, beautiful layout, I'd love to play there again.  I had to run immediately after we finished so I didn't inquire ... but perhaps Shawn did???

Originally Posted by Pakoh

the course was very nice,  although a lot of bugs.  I felt like i was swarmed at the chipping area and then a couple times during the round.

But I played the course 6 shots better than BitchComber!  So i am down if thats the place we are playing.

Yeah, it was warm.  101 when I got in my car to leave at 2:15 or so, and when I got home at 3 in Orange County (by comparison), it was 85.

So, the end of June definitely means heat could come into play.  If there are a lot of people who would not play because of heat, let's figure it out now and move towards the coast if we have to, because I'd hate to set it up and then everybody bail because its so hot.

But I loved it (not my play so much, but the course;)) so I would definitely be down to play there again.

If I can get there, nearer the coast and 15 degrees cooler is preferable. If it's 101 in May, better get the 7 am tee times at Oak Quarry...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Hahha Pakoh and I retained the cup... Was good times had by all.  Even if a few of us had some miserable shots.

It was really nice.  In fantastic shape, beautiful layout, I'd love to play there again.  I had to run immediately after we finished so I didn't inquire ... but perhaps Shawn did???

Yeah, it was warm.  101 when I got in my car to leave at 2:15 or so, and when I got home at 3 in Orange County (by comparison), it was 85.

So, the end of June definitely means heat could come into play.  If there are a lot of people who would not play because of heat, let's figure it out now and move towards the coast if we have to, because I'd hate to set it up and then everybody bail because its so hot.

But I loved it (not my play so much, but the course;)) so I would definitely be down to play there again.

I got side tracked by the arm wrestling event that was being held in the bar directly after the round... And totally forgot to inquire about the rate/specials they could offer us.  Here is the deal.  Let me know if we are moving this back toward the coast.  Or if you want to stick with the IE location.  If we move back toward the coast, then I say we do Costa Mesa! ;)

Sounds good... Sunday, June 30th should be our day.

With that said ... I hereby nominate Sunday June 30th as the date.  If there are no objections, Beach can start researching courses and times for us.  And then Mike can swoop in with his PGA member status and score us some deals!

So here is the deal... We need to determine if we are sticking with IE, or if we are moving this toward the coast.  Lets agree that Sunday June 30th is the date.  Although my wife could be pissed at me as I'm playing in a tournament on Saturday the 29th (Pakoh/Golfswine may be playing in it as well).

Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!