IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

The 30th with work not liking the IE way to hot.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

So here is the deal... We need to determine if we are sticking with IE, or if we are moving this toward the coast.  Lets agree that Sunday June 30th is the date.  Although my wife could be pissed at me as I'm playing in a tournament on Saturday the 29th (Pakoh/Golfswine may be playing in it as well).

I don't think that anybody said they couldn't play on June 23rd either, so before we nail down that day, maybe you guys consider for sure if you can play both days that weekend, and if not, let's explore the 23rd again.

As far as the coast is concerned, I have sent out an inquiry to my "home course," http://talegagolfclub.com/ regarding those Sundays, and I will post when I hear back from them.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Costa Mesa CC must be BC's home course?

How'd you guess?  He brags about how he can walk there all the time now.  After getting smoked by his partner Saturday, I think he's desperate for a little "home course advantage."

So here is the deal... We need to determine if we are sticking with IE, or if we are moving this toward the coast.  Lets agree that Sunday June 30th is the date.  Although my wife could be pissed at me as I'm playing in a tournament on Saturday the 29th (Pakoh/Golfswine may be playing in it as well).

I vote the coast. Played out in Simi (Check out Tierra Rejada if you ever get a chance), and it was HOT this weekend....can't begin to imagine playing in the IE at the end of June. Plenty of nice courses up and down the coast to choose from. Besides, Mike should totally be able to get us on at Torrey, right?

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I don't think that anybody said they couldn't play on June 23rd either, so before we nail down that day, maybe you guys consider for sure if you can play both days that weekend, and if not, let's explore the 23rd again.

As far as the coast is concerned, I have sent out an inquiry to my "home course," http://talegagolfclub.com/ regarding those Sundays, and I will post when I hear back from them.

Talega looks good to me.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Talega looks good to me.

Same here...

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I have expiring miles... so do we have a date? 23rd?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Either date is fine with me.  As far as course location, I don't mind either as long as you're not going too much further south.  If I decide to drive to this, going further south just adds to my trip.  As far as heat goes, I can handle it all...I just throw on sunblock :)  Besides, I'm hoping these tee times would be in the early morning.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Golfingdad love the home course..

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I want Jamo to come to this also, so we can all watch episodes of The Californians together.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I want Jamo to come to this also, so we can all watch episodes of The Californians together.

I'll take the 405 to Santa Monica, get off at ... actually, that's all of the road names I remember. Speaking of which, whaaaatamiiiidooooingherrrreee?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

I'll take the 405 to Santa Monica, get off at ... actually, that's all of the road names I remember.

Speaking of which, whaaaatamiiiidooooingherrrreee?

lol The latest Californians was pretty good imo  Obviously funnier when they crack up

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

If we can do the 23rd... It would definitely be better for me after looking at my calendar considering I have a firm commitment of playing in a tournament on the 29th... So playing again on the 30th would really cause some strife in the Jack household.

And Telega is a great course!  So if we can play there, I'd be down for sure.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

How'd you guess?  He brags about how he can walk there all the time now.  After getting smoked by his partner Saturday, I think he's desperate for a little "home course advantage."

I don't think I'm desperate... Just like being able to wake-up, grab my coffee and be on the tee box in a matter of minutes.  Much better than driving an hour!! Oh well, Telega would be worth the drive as it is a fun course.

PS. We are having an arm wrestling tournament directly after the round.  So everyone needs to stick around and place your bets.

I don't think I'm desperate... Just like being able to wake-up, grab my coffee and be on the tee box in a matter of minutes.  Much better than driving an hour!! Oh well, Telega would be worth the drive as it is a fun course.

PS. We are having an arm wrestling tournament directly after the round.  So everyone needs to stick around and place your bets.

Dude ... I'm just yanking your chain.  I also wasn't trying to usurp the planning from you either, but I just thought I'd inquire with Talega and see what they say.  I suspect that they will be out of our price range since their weekend morning rack rate is $100, but I'm just testing the waters over there to see if they have any specials for tournaments.

I'd love to do Costa Mesa if they are available and reasonable - assuming that we don't have to play the kids course. ;)

Uhhggg... Costa Mesa. Everyone bring a helmet to protect yourself from stray golf balls.

Note: This thread is 3931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!