IGNORED

TheSandTrap Socal Golfers - Summer 2013 Outing - Discussion

Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What Socal region should we host the next TST tournament?

• Los Angeles
    • Orange County
    • Inland Empire
    • San Diego
    • Other...

Originally Posted by Pakoh

i feel like the only thing you can find cheaper would be muni courses...  This is a good deal for OC golf on the weekend.  And last time i played they had a deal at the bar after the round where your first drink was like $1.50.

God, I hope not!!!  The deal is that the first beer costs the temperature.  I played there a couple of weeks ago, on what will probably end up being the hottest day of the year, and the first beer was $0.90. ;)

Just as an FYI for those coming from out of town ...

Climate [ edit ]

San Clemente enjoys a Mediterranean climate where temperatures tend to average around the 70's. The warmest month of the year is August with an average temperature of 79 °F (26 °C) . The coldest month is December with an average temperature of 64 °F (18 °C) . The annual rainfall in 2010 was 10.5 inches (270 mm) and the annual days of sunshine was 310.

Frankly, I have no idea how I can tolerate working in such an extreme environment!  Good lord, look at those extremes!!  79 in the summer all the way down to 64 in the winter!!  It's frickin unbearable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

For our next TST outing in the Fall...

That is labeled wrong.  The bottom should say "as ranked by golfnow golfers .... who smoke crack"

Emerald Isle might be the worst golf course I've ever played.  Not saying the rest are bad, just saying that the inclusion of that one really poisons the results.

P.S.  Anybody else notice that on the golf channel commercials with the fake Old Tom Morris and his sheep, at the end him and his friend are always choosing Mt. Woodson on the website?  That is the end of my "random, completely useless trivia" portion of the day. :)

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Climate [edit]

San Clemente enjoys a Mediterranean climate where temperatures tend to average around the 70's. The warmest month of the year is August with an average temperature of 79 °F (26 °C). The coldest month is December with an average temperature of 64 °F (18 °C). The annual rainfall in 2010 was 10.5 inches (270 mm) and the annual days of sunshine was 310.

Frankly, I have no idea how I can tolerate working in such an extreme environment!  Good lord, look at those extremes!!  79 in the summer all the way down to 64 in the winter!!  It's frickin unbearable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel badly for the fair skinned, sensitive SoCal group.

Just think if you had to live somewhere that dropped from 110 in the summer to 25 in the winter.

Somewhere ... like ... N. Texas.

Don't know if that toughens one up or leads to heart failure...

Gawd, I need to move back to SoCal...

No offense to Texans reading this.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Just think if you had to live somewhere that dropped from 110 in the summer to 25 in the winter.

Malfunction.  Does.  Not.  Compute.

Malfunction.  Does.  Not.  Compute.

Doesn't compute with me either... I need to escape from Texatraz.

Gonna check flights now.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Correction thanks guys

Hacker101 +2

Mike -hacker101

Justin - son

Steve - father in law

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Originally Posted by hacker101

Correction thanks guys

Hacker101 +2

Mike -hacker101

Justin - son

Steve - father in law

Excellent.  OK, I think I already had you down for a +1, and with Colin we were at 14, so now that makes 15 (with a possibility of 19)

Lihu ... where are you???

20 would be a nice round number!

Excellent.  OK, I think I already had you down for a +1, and with Colin we were at 14, so now that makes 15 (with a possibility of 19)

Lihu ... where are you???

20 would be a nice round number!

Let's get a good head count. If you are bringing a +1, a name would be appreciated. Also need to know handicap index (if you don't have one make a good guess). Once we have all that we can figure out groups. I'd be happy to do it this time around. I also like the modified stableford we played last time if everybody wants to do that again.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by Big C

My 5/15 index is 14.2 and climbing

Sorry you're locked in to your TST profile index as of 5/15.  You bring your 11.0 to the party and get to dancin'!

As far as San Diego is concerned, my boss (or the owner/CEO of the company I work for) owns a golf course down there somewhere.  I always forget the name of it but I'll look into it and see if it's worth trying to swing a deal there.

Also, I will likely be going solo for this trip based on the location of the course.  Beachcomber will be sharing his bunkbed with me.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Mike, I gave Mark (tournament coordinator at Talega) your name in case you wanted to take over from here and try and work some magic.

Gotcha, thanks GD, I'll contact Mark soon

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Sorry you're locked in to your TST profile index as of 5/15.  You bring your 11.0 to the party and get to dancin'!

As far as San Diego is concerned, my boss (or the owner/CEO of the company I work for) owns a golf course down there somewhere.  I always forget the name of it but I'll look into it and see if it's worth trying to swing a deal there.

Also, I will likely be going solo for this trip based on the location of the course.  Beachcomber will be sharing his bunkbed with me.

I have a couch you can crash on! LOL  Mind you... I have a crazy Vizsla who will be jumping on you and burrowing into your space!

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Yeah, I would be interested in hearing which course it is.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Gotcha, thanks GD, I'll contact Mark soon

Up to you ... I'm happy to book it myself if you're too busy.  (I know you're in Flerida right now :))

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I have a couch you can crash on! LOL  Mind you... I have a crazy Vizsla who will be jumping on you and burrowing into your space!

Had to google that.  Looks like a big a** dog.

I'm guessing the San Diego airport is just as far from San Clemente as LAX?

Had to google that.  Looks like a big a** dog.   I'm guessing the San Diego airport is just as far from San Clemente as LAX?

yeah, as far as convenience goes, John Wayne, then sd, then lax last. The drive (barring traffic) is probably identical from both to sc. And you'll have more traffic on average from la.

Orange County/Santa Ana (SNA)?

Are we basically confirmed on the 23rd now or should I wait to book?

Note: This thread is 3953 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!