IGNORED

How Far Do You Hit The Ball?

Note: This thread is 5126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

A typical question that duffers on the golf course typically brag about ("I hit it 300"), but here, a question I'd like to honestly ask and see what everyone else does. With a twist, though. If you want to call bullshit on anyone else's post, do so - say why you think they're wrong, and what you think they really hit. This should be interesting.

Count shots you hit on the sweet spot - don't count the ugly topper that went 10 feet into your average. Feel free to list or not mention any club in the bag.

Driver -> 250 on average. It's what I realistically expect, although I've nutted it out there 310 before (into the trees.) I measured one that cut the corner of a dogleg and it came out to 285-ish, so, yeah. I can crank a long ball at times, but not necessarily every day.

3 iron -> 210-ish. I've learned the hard way that it's not all carry, though - short of the green on a 200 yard par 3 and in a trap.

7 iron -> 160, maybe 165. It's my "go to" club - I almost never miss with it.

Pitching Wedge -> 125-ish.

I'm sure I could squeeze an extra 40 yards out of each club if I muscled it and caught it a tad thin so there's little to no backspin, but the chances of mishits multiply big time, and if I do get those extra yards the ball's probably in the trees.

Winter/Wet Conditions (I live in a wet climate):
Driver: 245 yards (Carry)
4 iron: 200 yards (don't carry a 3 iron)
7 iron: 165 yards
PW: 135 yards

Summer/Dry Conditions:
Driver: 275 yards (Carry)
4 iron: 205 yards
7 iron: 170 yards
PW: 140 yards

My iron distances have increased on average 10 yards per club after putting the CG4's in my bag compared to when I use to have Mizuno MP29 blades the last 8 years.

pretty much the same as you lamebums

drive about 250

4 wood around 230

3 iron around 200

7 about 155-160

pw around 130

60 degree around 70-80

I'm a relative short-knocker for the level I play at. But, I'm also a bit on the smaller side (5'10" 160lbs. I wish I were 6'2" and about 210. Nothing I can do about that tough). For my size, I can hold my own, though I'm typically 10 yards or half a club short of my competitors. I've learned to except that. There are 14 clubs in the bag for a reason. No need for a big ego. Like lamebums mentioned, swinging for the fences, more than likely will lead to mishits. I'll rarely hit shots at 100%, more likely 90%. That being said, a few stats:

Driver: 275y. My longest drive of recent measured 315y. Seeing Tiger hit 350+ yard drives makes me wanna puke. (Pure jealousy of course).

4 wood: 225y.

5-iron: 185y.

8-iron: 145y.

PW: 125y.

54*: 100y, 58* 85y, 60* 70y. As of just recently I've decided to hit no more than 3/4 shots with my wedges. I just loose too much control when trying to hit them full power. Unless I am super tuned in on my swing that day.

my distances are very inconsistent, if i had to pick a handful of shots and average them out, my distances would be about :

driver: 190 - 200m
22 degree hybrid: 170 -180m
7 iron: 130 - 140m
p. wedge: 100 - 110m

not the longest hitter out there, when i take a full swing i've had a few huge drives, but i've had more mis-hits with the same swing.

what do you all think of Angel Cabrera hitting a 393 yd bomb at oakmont on the 18th hole? Pretty far don't you think?

I average anywhere from 275 to 300 with my driver. I hit my 3 iron 225 yards and my 7 iron around 170 yards. A few years ago we had a group of guys that were on the long drive tour (I didn't even know there was such a thing). Anyway I can say that was the first time I ever have seen a 380+ yard drive. It was amazing. The reason we don't know exactly how far it went is because he hit it in the creek that was 50 yards from the green and 380 yards from the tee. It was unbelievable.

Driver = 230-250
3w = 220
3i = 200
8i = 150 (my "money" club)
PW = 120

As I've mentioned in another thread, I've had my current irons for YEARS, and always had a problem with my 9i. As you can see I have a 30yd gap between my 8 & PW and I have NEVER, EVER been able to hit the 9i to 135-140. It has to be a mental thing.

Driver: 230 yards

Your driver distance would seem to indicate you have potential for more distance in your irons. I carry my driver 200 to 205 yards and average 215-220 total, 235 max. My carries for PW 100, 7-140, 3-180. You hit your driver further than I do, your PW almost the same, yet 3iron is 30 yards shorter? Unless your contact is very poor or your swing much steeper with the irons than your driver it might be time for a lesson or launch monitor session.

Driver depends on the conditions a lot, but usually around 275, obviously slightly shorter or longer depending on wet or dry conditions.

I don't carry a 3-Iron, but my 4-Hybrid usually goes a bit over 200, again dependant on conditions.

7-Iron - 165ish
PW - 135
52 - 120
56 - 105
60 - 90

Driver - 250-270ish. I went at it with a Top Rock the other day, trying to cut a dogleg, and carried a water hazard 270. Ended up a little over 300.
4w - 235
3i - 225
5i - 190
9i - 145

a lot of it depends on conditions. It's been dry here lately and when I'm not going at a green, there's been a lot of roll (and bounce).

Driver: 245-260

Most of my numbers are pretty close to doublesuited's

Driver 240-260 3w 225-230 5w 210-215 hybrid 3 195-200 4 185 5 175 6 165 7 155 8 145 9 135 PW 125 GW 110 (go-to club) SW 90 My 3 and 5 wood numbers are for my old clubs and may be a little better with the new burners. Chris

• Administrator
a question I'd like to honestly ask and see what everyone else does. With a twist, though. If you want to call bullshit on anyone else's post, do so - say why you think they're wrong, and what you think they

No thanks - we have threads like this already. Find one of those and post there.

3 iron -> 210-ish. I've learned the hard way that it's not all carry, though - short of the green on a 200 yard par 3 and in a trap.

Last week you said hybrids suck and you hit your 3I 230 yards. So, bullshit. See?

I'm closing the thread. Go dredge up one of the pre-existing "distance" threads. I personally think it's entirely pointless... but have at it.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5126 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!