IGNORED

2013 - NFL Draft Thread

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 3982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The annual NFL draft is right around the corner... Next Thursday night (April 25th) - in PRIMETIME, is the first round! First who is your team?  Who do you want your team to pick?  Who do you want your team to treat like a rat in the black plague? In this thread, lets discuss the draft!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cleveland Browns baby!

With who/what is available, I hope to god we run away from Geno Smith . Let Jacksonville take him, because I swear to god if we take Geno to replace Weeden... I will probably, finally, break down and cry while hugging my case of beer. I can't take anymore mediocre QB "competitions".

With that being said and with the absence of Sheldon Brown this year, I hope we take a top CB to compliment Joe Haden on the other side of the field.

Right now, I am hoping for Milliner out of Alabama or Xavier Rhodes out of FL State. Maybe Trufant out of Washington with a later pick in the draft if he's available and the price is right for our #6 overall.

I am obviously a Pats fan being from Boston.  I usually don't get too excited about the draft.  Except, I love to see that every year, a monkey throwing darts would be more accurate picking than Mel Kiper jr.  Pats always pick so late, it is just a guess who they think is good.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I am obviously a Pats fan being from Boston.  I usually don't get too excited about the draft.  Except, I love to see that every year, a monkey throwing darts would be more accurate picking than Mel Kiper jr.  Pats always pick so late, it is just a guess who they think is good.

From what I've read, they seem most likely to go for WRs and DBs, the two positions they've been bad at drafting.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Denver - after the baltimore game I want new safety's and corners....A 70 yard touchdown with under a minute to play is inexcusable.

Browns fan. The pick is Dee Milliner. If he's gone by the time the Browns pick, they'll trade down with a team that needs one of the LTs out there (like Miami).

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Browns fan. The pick is Dee Milliner. If he's gone by the time the Browns pick, they'll trade down with a team that needs one of the LTs out there (like Miami).

Keep in mind though, we may not go that far back... or even trade at all if they feel that Rhodes will be taken. I definitely think we're addressing CB like I said in my earlier post, but if they stray from CB and take QB or something completely insane... I for sure will flip out.

Originally Posted by Spyder

Keep in mind though, we may not go that far back... or even trade at all if they feel that Rhodes will be taken. I definitely think we're addressing CB like I said in my earlier post, but if they stray from CB and take QB or something completely insane... I for sure will flip out.

Mike Lombardi as GM scares the crap out of me.

Originally Posted by dennyjones

This just in...The Detroit Lions don't want a draft pick.

They'd just screw it up anyway.

Probably true...

I'm hoping either Milliner or Fischer are still there at 5.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Huge Pats fan. It's really just guessing with how late in the draft they pick. They need corner help, a position they've been notoriously bad at judging skill at..

In the Bag 2013:

Driver:  FT-9 Draw i-Mix 10.5*

3 Wood:  R11s 15.5*

3 Hybrid:  Idea Tech V3 19*

Irons (4-PW):  ZB Forged

Wedges:  Tom Watson PVD; 52.07*, 56.13*, 60.07*

Putter:  White Ice #1 33"

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I just read the browns are trying to trade up and I'm not sure any of the tackles would be there for them to trade down. This is a tough draft to trade down because the tackles are the biggest chip and they may all be gone in the top 5. They might be able to make a deal with the Jets if the Jets want Millner bad enough and the Browns could take Rhodes.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Hate the Lions pick. Not sure how you take somebody at #5 with no college production to speak of.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

[S][/S]I actually like Mingo going to the Browns. Im happy. Nice safe pick. Que the "Bark" or "Barky" nickname in the Dawg Pound!
  • Upvote 1

Where do you guys think Geno Smith will fall to after the Bills took EJ Manuel? I can't see him being drafted in the first round now that the Bills passed on him.

Note: This thread is 3982 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!