IGNORED

I got my first birdie today!

Kevin18
Note: This thread is 3985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,
Today I got my first birdie! No one in my family golfs so I had no one to really celebrate it with. I played with 3 other guys though, really nice, who congratulated me though. It was a long par 3 (195 yards) and I hit a 5 wood stinger with a slide fade. I ended up 35 yards short of the green. I took out my new 2009 Vokey wedge and..... I holed it! Bounced once on the green and then rolled and hit the flagstick to drop! Haha I apologize, I didn't know where to post this. It's a really big milestone for me.

Thanks so much and may god bless you all! ^_^

• Upvote 1

In My Bag..

Driver: Taylormade Superfast 9.5* Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Taylormade Burner 2009 15* Stiff GraphiteShaft
5 Wood: Powerbilt Oversized 21* Stiff Steel Shaft
3-PW Irons: Cleveland 588 Forged MB Irons with Stiff Shaft
SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

LW: N/A yet
Putter: Taylormade Monte Carlo 7 -34" with Superstroke 3.0 Slim grip
Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

Congratulations, that's great! I've got to ask though......a 17 hcp and you've never had a birdie before?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by David in FL

Congratulations, that's great!

I've got to ask though......a 17 hcp and you've never had a birdie before?

Really! Hopefully he means the 1st one for this year.

Congrats on the bird... I'm sure you'll have many more.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Ha no, unfortunately I have to say this is my first birdie ever. I make pars with the occasional bogey consistently, hence the 17 handicap, but I've never been able to successfully make a birdie.

In My Bag..

SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 2009 56* wedge with 14* of bounce, Stiff Steel Shaft

Sorry Kevin..... Sounds as if you still haven't grown up. http://thesandtrap.com/t/60170/can-i-please-have-you-forgiveness#post_739277 Try again in a couple of years. . . . . . . . . . . Or not.

In David's bag....

Sorry Kevin..... Sounds as if you still haven't grown up.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/60170/can-i-please-have-you-forgiveness#post_739277

Try again in a couple of years.

. Or not.

I truly do not understand what the purpose of this post was

In My Bag..

I truly do not understand what the purpose of this post was

That's ok. Everyone else does.

In David's bag....

That's ok. Everyone else does.

Well please sir, for my understanding, it would be great if you could clarify for me

In My Bag..

Originally Posted by thanw

This is lame. I have a friend who never breaks 100 and even he has made an eagle. Hole in one, okay, double eagle, shout it out. Birdie? :YAWN:

I know sir, even though a lot of players of pretty much any handicap have had at least one birdie before, this one a big monument for me. Thank you for bringing me back down to earth! It's only a birdie and I could always strive to get that eagle next time!

In My Bag..

Well please sir, for my understanding, it would be great if you could clarify for me

You have a history of lying on this forum. You continue to do so, and you insult the intelligence of the membership with your drivel. Was that clear enough?

In David's bag....

You have a history of lying on this forum. You continue to do so, and you insult the intelligence of the membership with your drivel.

Was that clear enough?

May I ask, what would be my motive for lying about this? What would I even benefit from that? I was excited that I was finally able to break a mental barrier and not completely yip or shank a shot when it really mattered. I am proud and it was a great rush of feeling, and I don't know how I am insulting your intelligence? Did I directly say a mean or hurtful comment, angled at you? An insulting post would be me, bragging about how I had such a great shot. I was just trying to say how incredibly happy I was to be so lucky. Please do not take this post the wrong way.I am truly, wholeheartedly, not trying to insult you at all. For all I know, you are a good man who does many great things. I wouldn't be so quick to judge someone not knowing the true them. Therefore, I do not wish you feel that I am trying to insult you, and I apologize. I feel angered and kind of upset how you think I would try to insult the members' intelligence on this site, and I wish that maybe we could talk in a private message and get to the root of my problems.

In My Bag..

Guys, most of us know the history pretty well. Let's put that aside. From what he said, the kid made his first birdie. It's kind of odd, I'll admit, that it is his first one but weirder things have happened so whatever. Congrats to the kid. No need to turn this into another thread like the one linked to above.

• Upvote 1

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Guys, most of us know the history pretty well. Let's put that aside. From what he said, the kid made his first birdie. It's kind of odd, I'll admit, that it is his first one but weirder things have happened so whatever. Congrats to the kid. No need to turn this into another thread like the one linked to above.

Thank you sir, this meant a lot

In My Bag..

Originally Posted by Kevin18

Quote:

You have a history of lying on this forum. You continue to do so, and you insult the intelligence of the membership with your drivel.

Was that clear enough?

May I ask, what would be my motive for lying about this? What would I even benefit from that? I was excited that I was finally able to break a mental barrier and not completely yip or shank a shot when it really mattered. I am proud and it was a great rush of feeling, and I don't know how I am insulting your intelligence? Did I directly say a mean or hurtful comment, angled at you? An insulting post would be me, bragging about how I had such a great shot. I was just trying to say how incredibly happy I was to be so lucky. Please do not take this post the wrong way.I am truly, wholeheartedly, not trying to insult you at all. For all I know, you are a good man who does many great things. I wouldn't be so quick to judge someone not knowing the true them. Therefore, I do not wish you feel that I am trying to insult you, and I apologize. I feel angered and kind of upset how you think I would try to insult the members' intelligence on this site, and I wish that maybe we could talk in a private message and get to the root of my problems.

*donning my hip waders....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

*donning my hip waders....

No need. Any further OT posts will be removed.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!