IGNORED

no distance?

Note: This thread is 3867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just what do you mean, Davieboy, with 'keep the hands low'?  Is that some feeling you get when things go right or do you really mean small arm extension and hands low to ground? More info would be helpful.

Originally Posted by davieboy1872

when looking for distance or max out a club, my 2 thoughts are fire the hips and keep my hands low.

works for me, might not be for everyone thou

yea not sure what your getting at there. Fire the hips could be anything. But the hip rotation is all the same for any golf swing. As for keeping hands low, not sure, usually that is for trying to hit a lower shot? Once again, not sure were your going with this.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just my 2 cents but I focus on keeping my arms and wrist stiff like a pendulum. This would be sticking to a half to quarter swing. I hit my pitching wedge 150 for a full swing. I am 6'5 though so I am sure height has to do with it. It's almost like chipping from around the green even a slower half swing with good contact the ball will fly. I play this shot in the middle of my stance. I play a full wedge off my back toe. This used to be a straight touch shot when I played all the time a lot like a chip around the green. Hope it helps.

Just what do you mean, Davieboy, with 'keep the hands low'?  Is that some feeling you get when things go right or do you really mean small arm extension and hands low to ground? More info would be helpful.

When I lose distance it's because my hands are high (waist height feeling only). On the down swing I get the feeling of dropping my hands about 4 - 6 inches lower, below waist. I get much better strike and distance. Remember this is what I feel and might not be 100% real. Are you adding loft to your club by opening it on back swing? Making you PW more of a LW?

In the bag:

R11s Driver

R9 3 Wood

R9 5 Wood

TM 2009 Hybrid

MP59 5 - PW

Vokey SM 4 50

Vokey Sm 4 60

Vokey SM 4 54

Ping D66 Putter

yea not sure what your getting at there. Fire the hips could be anything. But the hip rotation is all the same for any golf swing. As for keeping hands low, not sure, usually that is for trying to hit a lower shot? Once again, not sure were your going with this.

Fire hips for me is a pulling sensation with my left hip, towards target and up behind me. Low hands is a swing thought to me as I tend to have high hands leading to thin shots

In the bag:

R11s Driver

R9 3 Wood

R9 5 Wood

TM 2009 Hybrid

MP59 5 - PW

Vokey SM 4 50

Vokey Sm 4 60

Vokey SM 4 54

Ping D66 Putter

Note: This thread is 3867 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!