IGNORED

What do you think of Mark Crossfield?

ZachIsLegend
Note: This thread is 2916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

No envy here I just dont like all he has to say-And lets not start on Shawn Clement nobody swings like that except him good luck with that quackery.[quote name="joekelly" url="/t/66645/what-do-you-think-of-mark-crossfield#post_838765"]Ah Phil, your envy is  so obvious.  Mark has a good video personality and offers spot-on advice and technique instruction, all at very low cost.  I'm a fan of his.  [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No envy here I just dont like all he has to say-And lets not start on Shawn Clement nobody swings like that except him good luck with that quackery.

Now that's funny!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I like watching Mark Crossfield's videos, especially since he probably gives better reviews than others I've found on YouTube. One thing to keep in mind is that his reviews are all subjective to HIM only and he is really just honest about what HE thinks of whatever club he's reviewing and encourages anyone to try it and get fitted for optimization. He doesn't normally give you many negative opinions about a club aside from aesthetics, but he'll give you an idea what club might work for you.

I usually don't watch to many of his instruction videos mostly because I'm already working on things with my swing through Evolvr and other swing advice usually tends to screw things up.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

I like watching Mark Crossfield's videos, especially since he probably gives better reviews than others I've found on YouTube. One thing to keep in mind is that his reviews are all subjective to HIM only and he is really just honest about what HE thinks of whatever club he's reviewing and encourages anyone to try it and get fitted for optimization. He doesn't normally give you many negative opinions about a club aside from aesthetics, but he'll give you an idea what club might work for you.

I agree in part with what you've said, but I still think he should spend less time complaining that hosels are still too big and more time reviewing how the actually adjustability compares to the hosels of other clubs.

Driver - 10.5° Callaway RAZR Fit 

3 Wood - 15° Callaway Diablo Octane

Hybrid - 18.25° & 21° Titleist 913H 

Irons 5-PW - Cleveland CG16 Satin Chrome

Gap Wedge - 50° MD Golf NV Drew Standard Bounce 

Sand Wedge - 56° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Lob Wedge - 60° Cleveland 588 RTX 

Putter - Cleveland Classic Black Platinum 6

Love his reviews. They are his opinions -- which is what I want in a review. He shows the clubs and may be more than a bit concerned about looks. But, when looking for new clubs, his reviews are very helpful. The comparison ones are great.

I am a Mizuno man in large part because of his reviews. I hit them and liked them but then did a lot of research. His were the best non-talking points reviews out there. Added MP-53's because he talked me into them. :)

Someday, when I'm looking for more new irons, he'll be a big part.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, has anyone ever looked at his swing closely? Obviously he is way better than most of us, but I don't know how he can hit a ball at all from this position. Yikes!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Bump, has anyone ever looked at his swing closely? Obviously he is way better than most of us, but I don't know how he can hit a ball at all from this position. Yikes!

I see what you are saying but keep in mind that it is a terrible camera angle.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I see what you are saying but keep in mind that it is a terrible camera angle.

Yeah but I don't know that it really matters, know what I mean?  Just goes to show there are many ways to get it done.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

Originally Posted by cipher

I don't know, but this picture kinda reminds me of this:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I don't know, but this picture kinda reminds me of this:

Kind of does!

Nate

Originally Posted by cipher

No opinion on his club position. But if he's actually wearing, like, a rope cummerbund -- I'm against it!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

No opinion on his club position. But if he's actually wearing, like, a rope cummerbund -- I'm against it!

lol.

i think its the pattern on his jacket.

I like his reviews.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I like Mark haven't followed his swing advice much but I like the use of trackman to show different affects with the club. There's also a hilarious send up of the Mcilroy and Woods commercial that he did if you search for it.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

• 2 months later...

I like Mark's videos a lot. He has helped me out for sure. Usually something he says, just clicks, and I give it a try. Works for me. I also like Shawn Clement. His fade and draw videos #1 #2 #3 really explained the concept quite well for me. I've tried other tips for working the ball, but not with the success I had using Shawn's instruction. In fact, the very first time I tried to draw the ball (on purpose) doing what he said to do, I was shocked! It was perfect. The next 20 or so, weren't so perfect... but it worked for me better than any attempt I've made before.

The YouTube instructor I started off with, who helped undo all the bad stuff I was doing before, was Paul Wilson. He teaches a basic, simple, easy to understand method of swinging the golf club. Watching him, fixed all kinds of messed up stuff. I have been self taught, meaning using free YouTube instruction, and I have kept my swing very simple, based on Paul's instruction. I'm not a big hitter, but I don't need to be. The ball stays in play, pretty accurate, and I'm enjoying golf more than ever.

I don't analyze my swing over and over, get into my head so bad I can't swing at all etc. I just keep it basic and simple. When things so go bad, I usually can fix the problem with a short think through of the basics. I go back to the fundamentals I learned watching Paul's videos, and bang, I'm back on plane, swinging with a natural, relaxed motion.

I don't aspire to be a pro, but to simply enjoy the game and improve over time. I took up golf for excercise and pleasure, and I'm having a great time with the game. I'm enjoying it much more than I ever have. I've learned to laugh at my bad days, realizing I'm an amateur, nothing more. It takes the stress and frustration out of the equation. Golf, I enjoy it, and plan on keeping my day job!

I like watching his videos. I watched the ones with Gorilla James. Mark seems to know what he's doing. After seeing Phil McGleno's comments, I should ask my own coach what he thinks. You should check out his on the course videos. He and everyone else he plays with are scratch (0 gross score) golfers. I like his humor on the course.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Originally Posted by Lihu

I like watching his videos. I watched the ones with Gorilla James. Mark seems to know what he's doing.

After seeing Phil McGleno's comments, I should ask my own coach what he thinks.

You should check out his on the course videos. He and everyone else he plays with are scratch (0 gross score) golfers. I like his humor on the course.

Apparently, part of his pre-shot routine is to say, "Let's give it a go."

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

[RIGHT][/RIGHT][quote name="RPMPIRE" url="/t/66645/what-do-you-think-of-mark-crossfield/18#post_879443"] Apparently, part of his pre-shot routine is to say, "Let's give it a go."  [/quote] His pre-shot routine is pretty long and involved. I think Hardball would have a little trouble behind this scratch/pro golfer. :-D).

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2916 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!