IGNORED

My Swing (Jakester23)

Jakester23
Note: This thread is 2556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I got out to the range today unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take any video. The place was so packed I would have had to go outside to have room for my tripod. I don't know what I'm doing but I'm consistently hitting everything out of the toe.  Not sure if this causes some my issues with pulls but that tends to be my pattern. Irons are basically a straight pull with a small fade or draw driver is a pull with a small draw. Hopefully it warms up soon so I can get some video.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...

Played 54 holes this weekend.  I struggled pretty bad with my full swing for about 27 holes (the back 9 Friday and 18 Saturday).  I played Sunday morning and had my buddy take a few videos and realized I somehow started pulling my head and upper body away from the ball throughout my downswing.  Ive been working on taking the club away inward and up out not out.  Im still working only laying the club down, getting my hips open, and shoulders more open at impact.  These are my pieces from evolvr from last fall.  The weather is starting to cooperate here so hopefully Ill be able to get to the range more starting this week.

I noticed what I was doing on my downswing from these videos then tried to stay more over the ball for the rest of my round. Once I started attempting to be more over the ball I started hitting all my clubs more solid.  I'm thinking the leaning back was the cause of struggles hitting it out of the toe as well.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to the range today to work on key one.  I would have a video but for some reason in our move I misplaced my tripod (my wife probably put it somewhere but I can't say that to her unless I want a spirited debt on the subject).  I made a very concentrated effort to make a good shoulder turn and keep my head as still as I could (or at least thats how it felt).  I also stood closer to the ball.  I have a tendency to setup pretty far from the ball when I struggle.  I hit it much better than the last few times Ive been out or at the range. I don't know why I get lazy with my shoulder turn and key 1 but thats going to be my only focus for a while until I get it down again.  Hopefully next week  @cipher and I can meet up at the range and he can get a video for this thread while lending some advice.  He can also show me how much better his swing is after a few year break while I still have a plethora of issues.  Isn't he just to worst :mad:.   Im just kidding Nate you know I want to be like you when I grow up. 

Haha, we'll see if I come help you out now!  ;-)  Looking forward to it.  Maybe I will break the new irons out.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 2556 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!