IGNORED

Whats the one shot that you hate most when you blow it ...

Note: This thread is 2794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Another one I hate, is only due to my stupidity... The short less than 2 foot putt you have left from the first pathetic attempt, which in your head you have somewhat "given yourself" the putt but you go to just putt it in the hole anyway. I hurry and do not set up the putt and miss it. Then I feel obligated to give myself myself the damn stroke regardless of the "gimme" I had in my head. I vowed last year to never take these but early season punched greens have me laxed on my rules.

Good point. Worse than non-chalanting and missing is setting up, going through your routine, and still missing it. Seriously????? Makes you look like your first time out....Arrrrrgh!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Teeing the ball up a quarter inch on a par 3 and then hitting it fat, into the water.

The topped second shot on a par five blows as you are still so far away... But I hate the chunked "sort-of" pitch but really a longer chip.. Just a waste. It plays mind games with you the rest of the round too... My father shoots in the mid to low 70s and for years threw away at least one of those bad boys a round. I hate the tight fairway lie mini pitch. I've always said that there are fewer things scarier in life than a pitch to a front hole position when you are 15 yards off the green.

Originally Posted by Tar Baby

The topped second shot on a par five blows as you are still so far away... But I hate the chunked "sort-of" pitch but really a longer chip.. Just a waste. It plays mind games with you the rest of the round too... My father shoots in the mid to low 70s and for years threw away at least one of those bad boys a round. I hate the tight fairway lie mini pitch. I've always said that there are fewer things scarier in life than a pitch to a front hole position when you are 15 yards off the green.

I can't believe they let you use that profile name on here.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only 10 posts. Chances are nobody noticed. I agree about it being of questionable taste.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

Only 10 posts. Chances are nobody noticed. I agree about it being of questionable taste.

He joined in July of 2011 lol

Just googled "tar baby", it seems I know less than I thought I did and I'll give the poster the benefit of the doubt. Sorry Tar Baby, my bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Just googled "tar baby", it seems I know less than I thought I did and I'll give the poster the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry Tar Baby, my bad.

Quote:
An article in The New Republic argued that people are "unaware that some consider it to have a second meaning as a slur" and it "is an obscure slur, not even known to be so by a substantial proportion of the population." It continued that, "those who feel that tar baby' s status as a slur is patently obvious are judging from the fact that it sounds like a racial slur"

Well I guess I was told it was at some point so I will let it go down as a book character.

Getting greenside in two on a par 5 and then chunking the pitch/chip (which should be a no brainer to get the GIR)

Did it yesterday, set the tone for the whole round.

Leaving 25 yd and in pitch shots short. It's getting less frequent since I practice them a lot, but it's still annoying to miss them short.

when i screw up a lay-up, it doesn't matter if it is from trouble or just to yardage on a par 5...it drives me crazy. if i blow one out of bounds, go for the hero shot, chunk and occasional chip...to me it goes with the game. but when i have a 7I in my hand and i just want to punch 140 to 155yds....and chunck, blade or whatever....ugh life tilt!!

For me it has got to be the soft high pitch or flop when short-sided, and instead, I hit it thin or even blade it.  Arg!!!!!  I use the flop a lot and usually pretty well, but when it.s thin, it is typically a big number to follow..

Originally Posted by Crusher47

For me, it's getting a 6 on a par 3....happens way too often

I've triple bogied more on par 3's than longer holes without question.      Don't know why that happens, but there clearly is a pattern there ...

No question it is the misses short putt. Last weekend I hit a good drive that had a 200+ carry over marshland. Next, I hit a perfect wedge to 4 feet. Finally, I missed the short putt. FRUSTRATING!

The only thing that saved my sanity was asking myself, "Would you have been happy with a 4 when you were teeing off?"

So many scenarios to choose from

1) Slicing the driver clear out of bounds as a single tear rolls down my cheek

2) Chipping from 15 yards off the green - hit it fat and watch it soar over the green to 15 yards on the other side

3) feel like happy gilmore when putting (before he learned how to putt and when he got pissed and punched the heckler)

Note: This thread is 2794 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!