IGNORED

What computer program do you use to draw lines on a video of your swing (Mac)?

Note: This thread is 4008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recorded my swing and am making some changes and was wondering what program you use to put a line on your swing and still move the video.

Thanks Jake

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Analyzr

http://analyzrgolf.com/

Simple to use and does everything you need. The non-pro version doesn't have any bells and whistles but it gives you all the tools you need to learn whats going on in your swing.

Edit* you'll be able to draw lines, circles, measure angles, frame by frame, side by side comparisons..etc...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Jakester23

I recorded my swing and am making some changes and was wondering what program you use to put a line on your swing and still move the video.

Thanks Jake

Since you're on a Mac, I hear this one is pretty great: http://analyzrgolf.com/ .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Erik I was hoping you'd tear apart my swing

Have you checked out evolvr yet?  That is what I have been doing for lessons.  You will get videos sent back to you with all those little lines drawn all over it! Fun stuff, and it is only $40 a month or so.  If you want to draw the lines yourself that is fun, and you could still do that, it is just better to have an expert pro who knows where to draw them.

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I would love to but its kinda out of my budget this month. got married in October and my wifes in school. I got home late night and tried standing with more knee bend and closer to the ball and it seemed to let me turn through much easier. I'm going to the range tomorrow probably ill throw up another video once I get comfortable in the new position.

I would love to but its kinda out of my budget this month. got married in October and my wifes in school. I got home late night and tried standing with more knee bend and closer to the ball and it seemed to let me turn through much easier. I'm going to the range tomorrow probably ill throw up another video once I get comfortable in the new position.

Ah ok, well if you can do it one day it is pretty great, and a lot less than regular lessons.  Congrats by the way as well.  Keep checking out those threads in the meantime.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Analyzr

http://analyzrgolf.com/

Simple to use and does everything you need. The non-pro version doesn't have any bells and whistles but it gives you all the tools you need to learn whats going on in your swing.

Edit* you'll be able to draw lines, circles, measure angles, frame by frame, side by side comparisons..etc...

Originally Posted by iacas

Since you're on a Mac, I hear this one is pretty great: http://analyzrgolf.com/ .

Originally Posted by sk golf

You won't be disappointed with analyzr.

Originally Posted by cipher

Have you checked out evolvr yet?  That is what I have been doing for lessons.  You will get videos sent back to you with all those little lines drawn all over it!   Fun stuff, and it is only $40 a month or so.  If you want to draw the lines yourself that is fun, and you could still do that, it is just better to have an expert pro who knows where to draw them.

http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/

Umm. what he ... and he ... and he ... and he said.  If you're getting lessons from the guys at Evolvr, then that's what they use.  (Pretty sure the program was written by some computer dork who also knows a teeny little bit about golf )

And there is a student version that you can buy for yourself for $50 or something like that.  I find it useful because after receiving a lesson, rather than going out, trying it once, and sending in another video to let them see if I'm doing it right (when, more than likely I'm not yet) I can check a few of those things by myself.

On Windows platform I use MotionView.  It's a little pricey but very feature rich.

Joe Paradiso

Last year when working on improving my swing, I would just play video, pause video at key points in backswing and downswing, and then take screen shots.   Then I'd paste screenshots into MS Paint where I can draw my lines and analyze.  To take it even further, you can create a sequence of several consecutive pics in swing with the same line drawn in each, then paste the consecutive string of pics into MS Word to review.   Yeah, it takes more time and not as nice as software that does it all for you, but it's free.

I have leadbetter and v1 home. But I use a program called kinovea now which is free and doesn't to need to put my pc I to basic video mode to run like the others. Its not golf specific but it does all that the other two do. Though i'd get analyzr if i had a mac or if it was available on windows or linux.

Originally Posted by keeps21

I have leadbetter and v1 home. But I use a program called kinovea now which is free and doesn't to need to put my pc I to basic video mode to run like the others.

Its not golf specific but it does all that the other two do.

Though i'd get analyzr if i had a mac or if it was available on windows or linux.

+1 for Kinovea. Free and has quite a bit of stuff.

IIRC it only works on PC and it is nowhere near as simple and efficient to use as Analyzr but if you don't have a Mac I'd recommend Kinovea.

Free is a pretty attractive price point!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 4008 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!