IGNORED

buy used clubs and then get them fit or buy used clubs with fitting results?

moonducks
Note: This thread is 4004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I plan to get new clubs but used ones...but I also want to get a custom fitting session.

Would it be better to get used clubs and then go in for a fitting/adjustment session?

Or, go in for a fitting session, get the results and look for similar clubs?

-I've never been custom fitted before fyi

Thanks!

This is a good question.  I'm not sure I totally understand exactly what most people think of when talking about one.  Does this mean once analyzed - you have to buy all new shafts?  Will that cost a fortune?  Can you use a fitting to be an informed shopper going forward?

I have actually scheduled on with a guy.  And I'll be glad to have gone so I'll really know about what I need.  But I really don't totally understand how to apply it.

Buying used can be very cost effective. If you are going to go for a complete redo of your clubs shaft, grips as well as lie I am not sure it is the way to go. If you get fitted for a set of irons and all you need is length lie sure why not save cash and get used. More times than not new grips and a good cleaning you basically get like new anyway. I am a huge fan of used clubs. I especially like used drivers, woods, and hybrids. Putters can also be had for a good deal.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

There are a bunch of online fitting charts, almost all the manufacturers have them:

http://www.callawaygolfpreowned.com/clubs/customization-services,default,sc.html#fittingChart

I buy used clubs and try to find older made in usa models. Keep in mind that cast irons can only be adjusted about 2* lie or loft. Forged can be tweaked quite a bit more. Also it is better to err on the side of club shafts being too long as they are way easier to shorten than they are to lengthen. Good luck.

Note: This thread is 4004 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!