IGNORED

Big Break Mexico

LeviTee
Note: This thread is 3897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The show is becoming more fun.  All the remaining players have some game and lots of confidence.  Though those two women seem to enjoy finding a goat to whine about.

Matt and Brent are solid enough to keep in play.

The finish last night was fun, I'm sure the producers were completely jazzed about it.  I wonder if this playoff will stretch out a few more holes, they could build an entire episode if they keep it up.  i really though it was over after the first hole, and the next one, and the next one,,,,,,,  seeing some real composure now.

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Talk about coming through under pressure!!!  I have a new found respect for the lady.

Some people might call it luck, I like to call it...well, luck I guess. So what?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Originally Posted by rehmwa

The show is becoming more fun.  All the remaining players have some game and lots of confidence.  Though those two women seem to enjoy finding a goat to whine about.

Matt and Brent are solid enough to keep in play.

The finish last night was fun, I'm sure the producers were completely jazzed about it.  I wonder if this playoff will stretch out a few more holes, they could build an entire episode if they keep it up.  i really though it was over after the first hole, and the next one, and the next one,,,,,,,  seeing some real composure now.

Yeah, Brent is just so solid. He really doesn't make too many mistakes, and when he does, he keeps his composure and hits the shot he needs to hit regardless.

He's gonna be tough to beat, but it just takes one slip-up I suppose...

Ryan M

I enjoyed last night's show quite a bit. Was a bit upset when it finished because I wanted to watch more of that playoff. Unbelievable play from the girl. Eagle to force a playoff and then holing out the bunker shot to force another hole. The girl has game.

I'm pulling for Jay to win the show. Fellow Virginian with what looks like a strong game as well.

Yea, last night was one of the great episodes of the series that I've seen so far, and I've been watching since 2008.

This season was teetering on forgetful there, but now has been elevated to very memorable in my mind. I'm really looking forward to next week!

Constantine

See, I'm pulling for Matt. Poor guy has been on his own so long, and has scratched and clawed his way through so many elimination challenges.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

See, I'm pulling for Matt. Poor guy has been on his own so long, and has scratched and clawed his way through so many elimination challenges.

Yeah, Matt grows on you.

Matt, Jay and Brett seem to be the strong players here.  I didn't have Matt on that list earlier, but now I've changed the list after the last couple episodes.

But keep Taylor around for a while just because.

Bill - 

Oh, and how likely would that eagle have been if she had to play from the same tees as Brent?

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Oh, and how likely would that eagle have been if she had to play from the same tees as Brent?

She hit a long hybrid into the green to set up the eagle. She earned it. They might not be able to hit as far as the guys, but I think the yardages are comparable. The only advantages I see between the two is on the Par 3 holes. Seems like the women have less trouble to carry.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Yea, last night was one of the great episodes of the series that I've seen so far, and I've been watching since 2008.

This season was teetering on forgetful there, but now has been elevated to very memorable in my mind. I'm really looking forward to next week!

Yeah, I very much enjoyed last nights show as well.  You never know with their teasers, but they almost gave the impression that this elimination match is going on for awhile.  The only thing I wish they did a little differently is to play other holes instead of the same one 5 times over.  (Of course, based on the little insights we got from Liam last season, it would probably be way too much of a pain for them to keep moving everything around)

Based on the last two shows, I'm really not a big fan of Chad.  He just seems like a bit of a jerk.  (Taylor was being whiny as well, don't get me wrong, but he definitely comes across as a bit of a tool)

I never saw a thread for the Greenbrier, but in case anybody forgot, this was the tournament that Mark Silvers got an invitation into for winning last seasons Big Break.

For anybody who didn't see it and cares, he shot consecutive rounds of +1 71 to finish 3 strokes outside of the cut line.  I didn't see any of his play, but it seems like it was fairly solid.  1 birdie and 2 bogeys each day.  Above average in driving distance (291) and GIR (67%), average in strokes gained putting, and below average in everything else.

Too bad TGC didn't actually highlight him more, I would have liked to have actually seen him play a little bit.

Originally Posted by BostonBrew

She hit a long hybrid into the green to set up the eagle. She earned it. They might not be able to hit as far as the guys, but I think the yardages are comparable. The only advantages I see between the two is on the Par 3 holes. Seems like the women have less trouble to carry.

No, she hit the long hybrid the second time around to set up the eagle putt she missed.  Brent then had a chance to win there with his own eagle putt.

The second shot on that hole the first time around, when she made the eagle, was a mid iron of some kind from only 160.

That said, it seems like a pretty fair hole, because when Brent bombed his driver out there, he was left with 189.  I would guess they are both playing something close to the same club from that distance ... 6 iron probably.

I agree, just s*** stirring.

Ryan M

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Yeah, I very much enjoyed last nights show as well.  You never know with their teasers, but they almost gave the impression that this elimination match is going on for awhile.  The only thing I wish they did a little differently is to play other holes instead of the same one 5 times over.  (Of course, based on the little insights we got from Liam last season, it would probably be way too much of a pain for them to keep moving everything around)

Based on the last two shows, I'm really not a big fan of Chad.  He just seems like a bit of a jerk.  (Taylor was being whiny as well, don't get me wrong, but he definitely comes across as a bit of a tool)

I never saw a thread for the Greenbrier, but in case anybody forgot, this was the tournament that Mark Silvers got an invitation into for winning last seasons Big Break.

For anybody who didn't see it and cares, he shot consecutive rounds of +1 71 to finish 3 strokes outside of the cut line.  I didn't see any of his play, but it seems like it was fairly solid.  1 birdie and 2 bogeys each day.  Above average in driving distance (291) and GIR (67%), average in strokes gained putting, and below average in everything else.

Too bad TGC didn't actually highlight him more, I would have liked to have actually seen him play a little bit.

Yea, Chad's a tool. But he was also made for the Big Break too. Solid game + weird personality = Big Break ticket.

Re: Mark Silvers... yea I'm disappointed they didn't show him much too. I thought they would, but I was wrong. I obviously don't have the stats here, but 71-71 seems like the best I've seen someone do in their sponsor's exempted appearance.

Constantine

Yea, Chad's a tool. But he was also made for the Big Break too. Solid game + weird personality = Big Break ticket.

At first I liked Chad, but he has become less likable as the show continues.

I still can't believe Tommy Gainey is the most successful Big Breaker.

Although, I suppose you could make an argument that Blair O'Neal is just as successful.

I agree, men pros are hitting ridiculous distances and it's fun to watch.  But, an argument can be made that women play a very high skilled game as their approach shots are with the longer clubs typically.  I'm more impressed with a 200 hybrid or 4i that nails the green than Tiger hitting a PW 200 yards to same spot.

Control of the clubs is skill much more than just hitting distance

seriously - who hit the better approach shot?  the hybrid to the green vs the 6i to the green

there are more challenges if one goes to golf channel and searches 'last break' BTW  (episodes 1 thru 8 are up)

Bill - 

Quote:

At first I liked Chad, but he has become less likable as the show continues.

I still can't believe Tommy Gainey is the most successful Big Breaker.

Although, I suppose you could make an argument that Blair O'Neal is just as successful.

I feel like I would probably like Chad under normal circumstances... but playing a series of matches against him (or with him) for money might get a bit tiresome after a while with all his antics.

Constantine

Oh, and how likely would that eagle have been if she had to play from the same tees as Brent? e2_whistling.gif

If she had to hit from the same tees, she would be at a major disadvantage... No real advantage for women to use women tees, I often play with my gf, we use different tees, we end up pretty much next to Each other after drive and I always get to use a shorter iron on the 2nd shot... There isn't much arguing it is easier to land a 6 iron on the green than a 4 hybrid. With all this said, I hope Brent wins, he is playing really solid with 4 birdies, the girl got pretty lucky with that eagle and really lucky with the chip in out of the sand.

If she had to hit from the same tees, she would be at a major disadvantage... No real advantage for women to use women tees, I often play with my gf, we use different tees, we end up pretty much next to Each other after drive and I always get to use a shorter iron on the 2nd shot... There isn't much arguing it is easier to land a 6 iron on the green than a 4 hybrid. With all this said, I hope Brent wins, he is playing really solid with 4 birdies, the girl got pretty lucky with that eagle and really lucky with the chip in out of the sand.

That's the funny thing about luck... "The more [one] practices, the luckier [one] gets."

Note: This thread is 3897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!