IGNORED

Big Break Mexico

LeviTee
Note: This thread is 3897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by LeviTee

Anyone here a fan of the show? Our pro golfer Jason Seymour is on the show this year and it airs on May 13th 9ET. Here is his Bio from the Golf Channel. http://www.golfchannel.com/media/big-break-mexico-bio-jason-042313/

He is @thagolfer on twitter. If you would like to show your support, that would be very cool. Thanks

Your buddy Jason isn't winning too many fans, I wouldn't suspect. Seems like a nice enough guy, but his slow play is a crime against golf humanity.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Crusher47

Watched earlier in the week....the most annoying chick is also the ugliest....go figure

That's because hot girls aren't annoying, they're just "outgoing and chatty" ;-)

I watch sometimes. Not a huge fan, but neither am I a hater of the show. Haven't watched any Mexico yet (PEI was my fave because its close to my wifes parents, and the province has some of the best golf in Canada), but will certainly catch up.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by Bogeyman65

More jerks on this Big Break than seasons past! Not really feeling the show this year but I'll probably watch to root some people off.

I really like this show, but it always has some jerks - or maybe just people who feel the need to constantly remind us of how they are out to win it, or teammates be damned - there is only one winner and such.  They are right - but was that a secret? Was it even worth saying?  Maybe once - but it is a theme expressed over and over and over.

Same goes for the oft-repeated theme of "someone's got to go home".  I also see that one on a reality cooking show contest my girlfriend watches.  Once again, someone repeating it 50 times per show doesn't really build any more drama for me.  I already knew it - and never doubted it.

But I do really like big break.  I started watching with the Indian Wells season and haven't missed an episode since.  Last year was really good. I think the bald southerner is really they guy to beat.

Originally Posted by Meltdwhiskey

I really like this show, but it always has some jerks - or maybe just people who feel the need to constantly remind us of how they are out to win it, or teammates be damned - there is only one winner and such.  They are right - but was that a secret? Was it even worth saying?  Maybe once - but it is a theme expressed over and over and over.

I seriously doubt the show picks the episode's crew strictly on playing ability. I would suspect the Breakmeisters want a couple of people who are socially dysfunctional. This ensures drama via infighting: WWF attitude without bashing chairs over the head.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Was anybody else as surprised as I was when the guy flat chickened out of hitting the flop shot and left it to one of the girls that didn't want it?

Sorry but if I'm in a competition I'm taking the toughest shot unless somebody is obviously better than I am and talks me out of it. I want the ball with the game on the line. Always have and always will.

If Phil Mickleson is there and wants to hit the shot I let him. Other than that I'm volunteering for it.

Originally Posted by MS256

Was anybody else as surprised as I was when the guy flat chickened out of hitting the flop shot and left it to one of the girls that didn't want it?

Sorry but if I'm in a competition I'm taking the toughest shot unless somebody is obviously better than I am and talks me out of it. I want the ball with the game on the line. Always have and always will.

If Phil Mickleson is there and wants to hit the shot I let him. Other than that I'm volunteering for it.

Watched that episode yesterday and I was very surprised.  The flop walls were a hoot.

Thanks to the OP I never even heard of this show.  Now my On Demand is my best friend for the next few weeks.

Big Break is a reality show first, golf show second.  The golfers looks and personality are specifically chosen to make for good television first playing good golf is secondary.

• I'm sure the producers didn't mind Emily's tight fitting shirts that couldn't hide her excitement in the moment, would be fun to see her and Lefty golf together .
  • Rob was pure reality television heel, guys like him usually don't last long because their game isn't as strong as their personality.
  • Jason is another "personality" that won't last long, he's already alienated himself from the rest of the cast with his intentional slow play tactics and inability to compromise in shot selection with his team.
  • Mac was a peppy but usually annoying character who's game couldn't cover the checks her mouth wrote.

Joe Paradiso

I knew it from the 2nd episode, but Brent is going to win this thing blindfolded if they let him.  And Leeboli or whatever her name is needs to be gagged for the rest of the season.  Damn annoying!

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Big Break is a reality show first, golf show second.  The golfers looks and personality are specifically chosen to make for good television first playing good golf is secondary.

I'm sure the producers didn't mind Emily's tight fitting shirts that couldn't hide her excitement in the moment, would be fun to see her and Lefty golf together .

Rob was pure reality television heel, guys like him usually don't last long because their game isn't as strong as their personality.

Jason is another "personality" that won't last long, he's already alienated himself from the rest of the cast with his intentional slow play tactics and inability to compromise in shot selection with his team.

Mac was a peppy but usually annoying character who's game couldn't cover the checks her mouth wrote.

Yeah, very formulaic.  The Jason guy is filling the same exact role that Chan filled last season.  I'm sure if I watched previous seasons, I'd be able to connect all of the characters as well.  This season has been blah to me (I've even missed a couple of episodes) compared to last, but I did watch this last episode and thought it was pretty good.

I don't know all the names yet but was really impressed with the guy that got 3 birdies in the elimination match.  As much as all of these guys talk about the unbelievable pressure of this show season after season, that was pretty impressive.

Also, the guy that won the other match played solid, as did the cute blonde ... she could have easily made any or all of those putts and stayed on the show.

Yeah, very formulaic.  The Jason guy is filling the same exact role that Chan filled last season.  I'm sure if I watched previous seasons, I'd be able to connect all of the characters as well.  This season has been blah to me (I've even missed a couple of episodes) compared to last, but I did watch this last episode and thought it was pretty good. I don't know all the names yet but was really impressed with the guy that got 3 birdies in the elimination match.  As much as all of these guys talk about the unbelievable pressure of this show season after season, that was pretty impressive. Also, the guy that won the other match played solid, as did the cute blonde ... she could have easily made any or all of those putts and stayed on the show.

that would be Matthew with the birdies. we are guessing that he did well because he quit his job.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Originally Posted by meenman

that would be Matthew with the birdies. we are guessing that he did well because he quit his job.

Matthew did score two birdies, but Brent birdied all three of the holes he played.  Brent seemed to have ice in his veins while Matthew commented about the pressure but still played well.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Matthew did score two birdies, but Brent birdied all three of the holes he played.  Brent seemed to have ice in his veins while Matthew commented about the pressure but still played well.

Right, the guy in the first match who birdied every hole is who I was referring to.  The other guy (Matthew it seems, I'll try and remember from here on out :)) was impressive also.  Both of them looked like they had a lot of game.

This reminds me, when the Greenbrier rolls around and Mark from last season is playing in it, will the Golf Channel make any point to show him during their coverage (assuming they are covering it) Thursday and Friday?

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

This reminds me, when the Greenbrier rolls around and Mark from last season is playing in it, will the Golf Channel make any point to show him during their coverage (assuming they are covering it) Thursday and Friday?

Oh definitely. He'll probably be on Morning Drive for a brief phone interview on Wednesday as well. If he's playing poorly, they'll likely show his best shot of the day in his afternoon round. If he's playing well, then they'll definitely show a lot of him.

Here's the cast though so we can talk about them more easily.

Agreed that Brent is by far the best one and the obvious likely winner. I heard the other day that Liebelei Lawrence is Jennifer Lawrence's second cousin as well. They actually do resemble each other.

Constantine

Love the show. I've been watching the last three seasons. Not a big fan of Robb, kind of a moron if you ask me. The women.... WOW. I'd talk like a baby if I was on that show.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

They kept showing Rob talking about how he's not a team guy, and he really seemed like a jerk.  But when his teammate Matthew blew a the strike challenge to give that team its third strike he sat Matt down, told him not to worry about it and said his career isn't going to be decided by one challenge.  He said that when he knew at most one of them would survive elimination day.  I think in the interview process they get everyone talking for a long time and choose interesting stuff to show even if it's not an accurate portrayal.

Note: This thread is 3897 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!