IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Oompa-loompa would easily kick you and your 11-HCP ass even if he gave you a stroke a hole. Good luck to him - don't think he'll shoot well under the pressure, but props to him for getting this far.

Yes, but you forget that I'm 6'4", muscled, and good looking. So there!

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm 5'10", arthritic, and pudgy. Crud...... :-(

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Total truth. Colin's a hunk of burnin' love. Although that medicated cream I lent him might ease the burning a bit :-p

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by jetsknicks1

It's been asked before and you still haven't answered, have you seen the split screen of them both? If you have and you're still yapping, it's because you're just a Tiger hater and facts don't enter into your thought process. If you haven't seen it, then you're just talking out of your ass.

My half a whack job brother in law falls into the Tiger hater society. The typical Tiger hater shoots from the hip and never lets a few facts get in the way of a good story. MSALEMA80 fits into that category. Looking at yesterdays split screen simultaneous camera confirms this. It was clear that the crowd eruption started while Sergio was just settling into his address. He had plenty of time to back off and regroup. My brother in law only sees the part of the crowd making noise while Sergio was hitting even though it was clear the crowd was making noise while Sergio was settling in. The truth hurts!

They should send Sergio to one of the drought stricken areas of the third world, then he could cry them a river.
  • Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

They should send Sergio to one of the drought stricken areas of the third world, then he could cry them a river.

I'm literally picturing that in my head and laughing to myself... Sergio crying into a dry river bed as little kids with distended bellies run laughing thru his tears...

Colin P.

I'm literally picturing that in my head and laughing to myself... Sergio crying into a dry river bed as little kids with distended bellies run laughing thru his tears...

Haha, and then they build a giant stone idol in his image and create a new religion. And everyone wanders around in Adidas gear, scowling at each other and moping at the breakfast table. And a thousand years from now there will heated arguments about religion every time a third world golfer thanks Sergio for helping him win.

• Upvote 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Total truth. Colin's a hunk of burnin' love. Although that medicated cream I lent him might ease the burning a bit :-p

And failing that, there's always penicillin! :-P

In David's bag....

Originally Posted by boogielicious

If Tiger was further back, why did Garcia hit out of turn?

The golf channel diagram had Sergio away by just about 2 yards.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

There is no real knowing what happened, but its possible Tiger tried to screw up Sergio, not for sure, but its possible.

Actually it's not possible.  They showed the split-screen in real time last night and diagrammed the whole situation out.  But what is and isn't possible doesn't really matter to a butt-hurt, self-righteous, hater who never lets facts or proof get in the way.

Originally Posted by club ho

The typical Tiger hater shoots from the hip and never lets a few facts get in the way of a good story. MSALEMA80 fits into that category.

'Nuff said.

So, the only question left is: who is going to fold under pressure more today?  The guy who's never been here before (Lingmerth), or the guy who typically folds under pressure (albeit usually in majors: Sergio)?  And they're playing together!

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

So, the only question left is: who is going to fold under pressure more today?  The guy who's never been here before (Lingmerth), or the guy who typically folds under pressure (albeit usually in majors: Sergio)?  And they're playing together!

With Tiger playing in front of them they are both going to fold if he plays half way decent.  Tiger will have the largest gallery, they will hear every time he birdies and that will drive Sergio nuts.

I don't know anything but what I saw and heard yesterday about Lingmerth but he's got to be nervous and having to watch Sergio self destruct is not going to help him keep his cool.

Joe Paradiso

Missed this yesterday.  Did anyone catch Lee Westwood's tree aided whiff?!

In David's bag....

Originally Posted by David in FL

Missed this yesterday.  Did anyone catch Lee Westwood's tree aided whiff?!

I didn't see it but heard the announcers talking about him hurting his wrist or hand.  That looked like it hurt, his wrist and his ego.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Dr. Manhattan

Tournament officials just screwed up on the final round pairings. Garcia and Woods finished tied. Woods shot a lower round and finished before Garcia on 18, but they're putting Sergio in the final group. First in, last out? Apparently not.

I didn't see this mornings TV coverage...are you positive that Tiger finished before Garcia?  Garcia did have the honors on 18, but I still thought the final pairings were based on who holed out first (going out later).

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Read about it.  Thanks for posting.  I hope he didn't hurt himself.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by MEfree

I didn't see this mornings TV coverage...are you positive that Tiger finished before Garcia?  Garcia did have the honors on 18, but I still thought the final pairings were based on who holed out first (going out later).

I am positive. Tiger tapped in a 1 footer for par and Garcia had marked his 4 footer for par, then made it after Tiger tapped in. However, apparently the rule is in the event of a tiebreak, whoever had the honor at the beginning of the ROUND ends up in the final group. Sergio had the honor because he started with a 1 shot lead.

Originally Posted by MEfree

If Garcia had honors and Tiger holed out first then Tiger should be in the final pairing unless Tiger cleaned up his putt out of turn in which case Garcia would get the final pairing.  At least that's how I understand it.

EDIT:

Posted this before I saw Dr. Manhattan, he's correct.

Joe Paradiso

Had to hurt, catching the tree on the downswing.....!

In David's bag....

Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!