IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger Woods is a god. Anyone or anything that may cause Tiger some kind of disruption, be it during a round or after, must be slammed in a thread. Anyone who dares challenge Tiger on any level must be slammed in a thread I think that sums up the bulk of the thesandtrap.com By the way, this is two tournaments in a row where Tiger has had some sort of controversy involving improving his chances....CHEATER!

As much as I don't like him they showed side by side camera shots of tiger and segio . The club was selected well before Sergio hit. The noise was before he hit. He should have regrouped before he hit it. But why was tiger not waiting his turn and watching his competitor to finish. Can tiger win when not in the lead is my question. As far as the rest of your statement I am finding its not only tiger you can't disagree with

Sergio should never be put in the same sentence with Hogan for any reason.

Haha, agreed. I guess if this was the first time, I'd say "ok Sergio,...," but this guy is always doing this. He is kinda like the boy who cried wolf at this point. Go Tiger, Go Rory.

Originally Posted by noSnowman

As much as I don't like him they showed side by side camera shots of tiger and segio . The club was selected well before Sergio hit. The noise was before he hit. He should have regrouped before he hit it. But why was tiger not waiting his turn and watching his competitor to finish. Can tiger win when not in the lead is my question.

As far as the rest of your statement I am finding its not only tiger you can't disagree with

It's called playing ready golf.  He was picking his club and getting ready to hit it before it was his turn, something I wish more golfers would do.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by clutchshot

Haha, I posted there because I didn't think anyone had brought it up yet, then I saw it here... Sorry.

No problem, but the chances of something like this passing without comment on here are astronomical!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I combined a few threads into this one. Please don't make any new threads about this. Thanks.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

As much as I don't like him they showed side by side camera shots of tiger and segio . The club was selected well before Sergio hit. The noise was before he hit. He should have regrouped before he hit it. But why was tiger not waiting his turn and watching his competitor to finish. Can tiger win when not in the lead is my question. As far as the rest of your statement I am finding its not only tiger you can't disagree with

Tiger isn't God... Tiger just didn't do anything wrong. Do I look higher upon him than other players? Sure. He earned this respect from winning about 80 times. If Tiger was attacking Sergio for the same thing would I side with him? No... And for the record Tiger isn't a cheater, maybe try backing up your claims, I think you'll find the PGA governing bodies disagree.

I just don't understand when it became "wrong" to pull a club 50 freakin' yards away from a competitor while waiting to play your next shot.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

It's called playing ready golf.  He was picking his club and getting ready to hit it before it was his turn, something I wish more golfers would do.

Agreed,  being ready would speed up play quite a bit which would be nice for a change.

Tiger isn't God... Tiger just didn't do anything wrong. Do I look higher upon him than other players? Sure. He earned this respect from winning about 80 times. If Tiger was attacking Sergio for the same thing would I side with him? No... And for the record Tiger isn't a cheater, maybe try backing up your claims, I think you'll find the PGA governing bodies disagree.

Show me in my post where I called Tiger a cheat? As far as slow play lol they were the last group . Man he sure saved a lot of time pulling that stick out

If anyone wants to use the chat: http://thesandtrap.com/chat when the coverage starts, I'll be in there. We won't have the same numbers as the Masters chat. but it could be fun.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

If anyone wants to use the chat: http://thesandtrap.com/chat when the coverage starts, I'll be in there. We won't have the same numbers as the Masters chat. but it could be fun.

I'll hang for a bit but then I gotta go to Mom's for dinner. I might get away with having the TV on but doubtful that hanging out in a chatroom will be accepted.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Again: http://thesandtrap.com/chat

In my bag:

This is a bit of a late comment, but loved the close up slow motion of the fairway woods yesterday. Love seeing 3W/5W up close, especially when not teed up, although mostly teed up Saturday.

I also thought it was funny when Miller said no one makes as big a divot with their woods as Garcia does and then they show Woods' 5W I think and he made pretty much the same sized divot as that of Garcia's.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by jamo

Again: http://thesandtrap.com/chat

Go ahead, mom won't mind...

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I just don't understand when it became "wrong" to pull a club 50 freakin' yards away from a competitor while waiting to play your next shot.

Yes, but here's the thing ... apparently Tiger does know that.  As well he should ... he plays a whole different type of golf than every other pro out there.  (Not the game itself, but the spectacle.)  Tiger should know full well, because he's probably heard it a billion times, that when he's got the option to go for the green in two on a par 5, or one on a short par 4, the crowd is going to react when he pulls his club.

Oh, and why do I say that Tiger knows that?  Because his "excuse" when asked last night was that the marshal told him Sergio had already hit.  That tells me that he knew full well he should wait until after Sergio hits to pull his club (otherwise, his reason would have been something more like, I was 50 yards away, and I was playing ready golf ... but thats not what he said).  Of course, it also tells you that it's not his fault, but I still think that at some point (even if it was just through the media) Tiger could have "apologized."

On the other hand, Sergio doesn't have to whine and make excuses, but everybody knows thats his way.  It's an unfortunate situation, and only really a deal because these guys clearly despise each other.

Tiger should leave love notes on the tee box for Sergio.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!