IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

He has 'bent the rues' the last 2 Tourneys he's played in...........I say that anybody who roots for this guy is VERY liable to cheat on the course themselves. There should be an asterisk put on this Players...........

Originally Posted by huskyhater

He has 'bent the rues' the last 2 Tourneys he's played in...........I say that anybody who roots for this guy is VERY liable to cheat on the course themselves. There should be an asterisk put on this Players...........

lmao...this is very logical.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

hahaha sergio has got to be fuming in his head right now. good win tiger

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

This was a crucial win for TW. Merion's not gonna be easy for him. I really think the British this year is his major win.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Originally Posted by 3putter

Over when the fat lady sings

The fat lady just hit the last note, and it sounds like "Fu@k yea".

Please stop feeding these trolls, freaking brain-dead, arm chair PGA officials.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Tiger Tiger Woods Y'all! Awesome Players this year. I wish Lingmerth forced a playoff, but I'll take it.

Originally Posted by huskyhater

Don't PLAYA hate.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

After this win it still stands that Riviera is the course where Tiger has his worst record. Would love to see him try to tackle that course again since it's such a fun tournament to watch.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by colin007

how many other players could have come back from that tee shot on 14?

Just a handful. Phil, the Legends of the past, maybe Rory... Brandel.

Originally Posted by jamo

After this win it still stands that Riviera is the course where Tiger has his worst record. Would love to see him try to tackle that course again since it's such a fun tournament to watch.

Interesting stat. The current schedule just doesn't fit. Maybe one day they'll host a major there again.

Originally Posted by colin007

i give sergio total credit for facing the media.

I love Sergio's swing so much, particularly how he brings his arms down (Thanks, Mike, for pointing that out). But, the Russian Roulette style of 17 strikes again. Gimmick or not, that was entertaining.

Constantine

i give sergio total credit for facing the media.

Agreed. [quote name="JetFan1983" url="/t/66787/2013-players-at-tpc-sawgrass-tiger-and-sergio-feud-discussion-thread/240_30#post_842713"] Interesting stat. The current schedule just doesn't fit. Maybe one day they'll host a major there again.  [/quote] http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/14/sports/golf/tiger-woods-steers-clear-of-riviera-country-club.html The last U.S. Open there was 1948, and two PGAs there were 1983 and 1995, so it is possible. Both events have their future sites mapped out to like 2020 though. Hopefully they go back at some point, it's a great course.

In my bag:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I love Sergio's swing so much, particularly how he brings his arms down (Thanks, Mike, for pointing that out). But, the Russian Roulette style of 17 strikes again. Gimmick or not, that was entertaining.

have you noticed he hits the ground with the driver?  i few times i thought it was the 3 wood but then i rechecked and it was the driver.  didnt seem like mishits either.

Colin P.

Why wouldn't Sergio face the media?  He played wonderfully all week and took a shot at stuffing one in there on 17 -- when that came up short, the wind left the sails and that was that -- who really cares what he did after that.

Implosion?  No....just a guy who don't give a fukk about the difference between 2nd place and 15th

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by huskyhater

Once you're labeled a cheater you're always remembered for that. People STILL remember when Vijay supposedly did years ago-we have proof that wood has done it-and got caught (Masters), and now has apparently gotten away with it today..........how many times has he cheated the field over the years? HMMMMMMMM...........I wonder

Yet another idiot who joins just to bash Tiger.  Tiger didn't cheat at the Masters, and he didn't cheat here - try learning something about the rules before you whine in public.    You really need to get a life.

After finishing reading the last page, I guess there were 3 idiots with about 15 posts each who joined just to bash.   Guess they got theirs when Tiger pulled it out.

Congrats to Tiger, bummer for Maggert.

And Sergio????

Then I thought maybe the Swede was going to do it on 17, but making a 7 footer on the next to last hole to tie Tiger is more pressure than any of us will likely ever face.  Actually I have a strong hunch that tee shot was a mistake that he got away with.  And after a bit of a struggle off the tee most of the day, Tiger nails it on 18 for the probable win, and at least no worse than a tie.  It was a great final round, putting the lie to the idea that TV golf can't be exciting.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3991 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!