IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

anyone see Henrik hit off the bridge on 4? heard today on talk radio that since he was on the bridge he didn't get relief as they said on the TV broadcast - something about being part of the hazard and not treated like a cart path type of drop.....

I was wondering about that during the broadcast.  Specifically wondering about the drop location since he was technically over a hazard...but then got to thinking about whether or not the bride was considered "in the hazard line."

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by BallStriker

Sean O'Hair rinses one trying to win and is championed as a guy just not willing to play for second place......Sergio does the same thing and they call him a Choker....clearly shows how the media's perception of a player guides the "slant" of the story......ridiculous.......I applaud Sergio for showing some balls and I don't give a flying FU*K what he did or didn't do after that shot......he played fantastically this week and came up short.......END OF STORY

As for Tiger and the drop.........I'll side with Wittenberg, who unlike anyone else with an opinion, was in the best position to see what happened

That pin on 17 is one that you only attack if you are behind or just plain stupid.  It's hard to say if the Swede's shot was intentional or not, but Sergio did not need to take the risk.  I've never thought of Garcia as being the sharpest tack in the box.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

anyone see Henrik hit off the bridge on 4? heard today on talk radio that since he was on the bridge he didn't get relief as they said on the TV broadcast - something about being part of the hazard and not treated like a cart path type of drop.....

That is the usually recommended way of treating a bridge that crosses a water hazard, it is an obstruction within the hazard, so there is no relief.  Since it's part of the hazard, there is no relief, because the ball lies in the hazard even if it is on the obstruction.  There are a number of issues which can arise if you try to have the margin end at the bridge then continue on the other side.  The treatment is simplified if it's just all part of the hazard.

Rick

Sean O'Hair rinses one trying to win and is championed as a guy just not willing to play for second place......Sergio does the same thing and they call him a Choker....clearly shows how the media's perception of a player guides the "slant" of the story......ridiculous.......I applaud Sergio for showing some balls and I don't give a flying FU*K what he did or didn't do after that shot......he played fantastically this week and came up short.......END OF STORY

As for Tiger and the drop.........I'll side with Wittenberg, who unlike anyone else with an opinion, was in the best position to see what happened

agree w/ all of the above - well stated

Wait, is there some footage of this?  If so, I'd like to see it.  Balls take tricky hops through rough, trees and pine straw all the time and I never heard anyone suggest that the ball was kicked back into play until this thread.

don't know if there be footage. I believe it was Saturday's round where he hit one right ....funny bounces or foot wedges...any1 else see that?

Originally Posted by Fourputt

That pin on 17 is one that you only attack if you are behind or just plain stupid.  It's hard to say if the Swede's shot was intentional or not, but Sergio did not need to take the risk.  I've never thought of Garcia as being the sharpest tack in the box.

Garcia isn't a swede. I BELIEVE he is Spanish. Aside from that, I agree.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Lol, he wasn't talking about Garcia there, he was talking about his playing partner. The other guy who went for that pin. ;)

I believe he was talking about Lengwerth.

I think this is why he called him "The Swede." I was misspelling it all day yesterday. :-P P.S. Its "Lingmerth."

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilikefishes

I believe he was talking about Lengwerth.

I think this is why he called him "The Swede." I was misspelling it all day yesterday.

P.S. Its "Lingmerth."

Exactly.

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

You mean that Garcia isn't Swedish?

Rick

Anyone know what Tiger's next tournament is going to be?

The Memorial, then the U.S. Open.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

There's a time and place to go for the knock out punch.  Usually you have to have the guy on the ropes before you go for it, but Sergio was chasing Tiger all day.  He had numerous and safer opportunities to go for it and he chose not to.   That was a suckers pin, I think they said only one golfer landed on the green to the right of the pin on Sunday and that was Sergio's playing partner.

Sergio had all day on Sunday to go for the win, at 17 he realized Tiger wasn't going to mess up (he could see Tiger on the JumboTron hitting a great tee shot on 18) and decided to give up by going for a very low percentage shot.  You call it balls, I call it stupidity and fake pride.  Instead of having to answer questions about why he couldn't catch Tiger, he was asked about his competitive spirit to go for the win and instead putting it in the water twice.  I guess 18 was him showing more balls too?

Joe Paradiso

Yes, Legworm was the only guy to land it right of that pin on 17.

As to whether or not Foghorn Leghorn was intentionally going after the pin, I'd say it's likely but that he would admit he didn't mean for it to be that aggressive.

Now being reported that the Marshall on hole 2 says Tiger never asked about Sergio, nor did the Marshall ever tell Tiger that Sergio had hit...........who says you can't play defense in golf?

LMFAO.......oh, the drama

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Never seen pulling a club from a bag get this much coverage & fallout.  Ha!

Note: This thread is 3964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!