IGNORED

2013 Players at TPC Sawgrass, Tiger and Sergio Feud Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by austin

Tiger Woods-Probably the greatest golf who ever lived, and just as big an *******. I'm with Sergio. And, he signed an incorrect scorecard at the Masters and should have been disqualified. He took an 8 on 14 at the Masters and signed for a 6.  This is not rocket science; he was disqualified. Anybody else does that at the Masters; they're gone. I don't care what anybody says, it was bullshit clear and simple. After the wimpy tournament officials ruled in his favor, Tiger could have still made it right by withdrawing. I, and many others, would have greatly respected that, and he would have been well on the way to salvaging the public's perception of his character. But, I forgot, Tiger doesn't give a damn about that. So be it, Tiger. Win all the tournaments you want, and by the way, you still haven't beaten Jack's major record, and at the end of the day, all you are is an ******* who can play golf.

Stop *****footing around and tell us what you really think

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Stop *****footing around and tell us what you really think

Agreed.  He was being way to vague and on the fence for my tastes.

I can't say *****foot on this forum? Really???

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by saevel25

On what Sergio was talking about,

Which i must reiterate, Tiger woods is popular, the crowd gets excited by every little thing he does. He knows this, and he must know his presence has an influence on people around him. To be considerate of other golfer's. Look at what Jack did in the British Open for Tom Watson. He sank that long putt, the crowd erupts like he won. Jack quieted the crowd to give Tom Watson his fair shot. Jack understood his presence and how it influenced people, not just for his advantage over other golfers, but how the crowd might react. I am not saying he must tell them not to get excited for a shot, and how that effects other pairings  (group infront or behind you, or on a hole near you), but for your own playing partner in the same group. Yea, Tiger should have paid more attention to his presence. To say Tiger doesn't know he has this same presences i BS, he knows how the crowd is going to react around him. So if it was intentional or not, Tiger was in the wrong to do any action that might have caused the crowd to be disturbing to another player. Ignorance doesn't put someone in the clear.

Let's ask Tiger to stand at attention while his playing partners are about to take a shot so that the crowd does not cheer or become influenced by him.  Just when I thought this couldn't get any more out of control.  Maybe Sergio should try the LPGA.

Joe Paradiso

This Woods character got some nerve! Being penalized for an illegal drop, pulling clubs out of his bag and what not. :mad: Where is the video of the Sergio incident footage btw?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

The issue and ONLY issue in all of this garbage is that Sergio did not approach Tiger at any point (on the golf course) to address the situation he feels affected his shot.

Sergio is a grown ass man.  He isn't a child.  Actually in fact, he is a tour veteran with a level of status that should've given him the ability to approach Tiger and express his feelings on what happened.  It's not like he's a scared rookie.

What this tells me is that Sergio is HUGE coward.  Wining about it after the fact through the media is why Tiger took his position.  I am 100% positive that if Sergio approached Tiger on the course, Tiger would have expressed that he didn't realize and given a "my bad."  Instead, he reacted to the cowardness of Sergio's comments through the media and good on him for doing so.

What a joke

• Upvote 2

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

The issue and ONLY issue in all of this garbage is that Sergio did not approach Tiger at any point (on the golf course) to address the situation he feels affected his shot.

Sergio is a grown ass man.  He isn't a child.  Actually in fact, he is a tour veteran with a level of status that should've given him the ability to approach Tiger and express his feelings on what happened.  It's not like he's a scared rookie.

What this tells me is that Sergio is HUGE coward.  Wining about it after the fact through the media is why Tiger took his position.  I am 100% positive that if Sergio approached Tiger on the course, Tiger would have expressed that he didn't realize and given a "my bad."  Instead, he reacted to the cowardness of Sergio's comments through the media and good on him for doing so.

What a joke

Funny ... Sergio always seemed more like a "leg man" to me.  but I could be wrong. ;)

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

Sergio did not approach Tiger at any point (on the golf course) to address the situation he feels affected his shot.

I like this approach.  But I'm not sure what it accomplishes.

"Hey Tiger, do you think you could control that rabid mass of drunken 'get in the hole' *******s that are following you around 24/7?  they are spoiling my concentration"

"No kidding, if you have any suggestions on just how to do that without alienating my fan base and totally destroying whatever marketability I still have with my sponsors, I'm all ears.  I can't stand these guys.  But, Waddaya gonna do?  You know what I mean?  I certainly won't be making any press statements about these idiots - Fooled once, fooled twice, but not a third time."

Bill - 

Originally Posted by barryb

It looks that way, if you watch the second video in the story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/did-tiger-woods-improper-drop-en-route-players-124525467.html

Everyone at the time agreed as to were Tiger dropped. There is no controversy. You don't have the time to look at videos in the middle of the round.

Everyone at the time agreed as to were Tiger dropped. There is no controversy. You don't have the time to look at videos in the middle of the round.

If no controversy then why the thread/title??

Originally Posted by walk18

Oh my god can we just let this stuff die please!

What else would you have us talk about?

Maybe we should throw tontj a bone and go raid his LPGA threads??? ;)

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by barryb

It looks that way, if you watch the second video in the story.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/did-tiger-woods-improper-drop-en-route-players-124525467.html

All the camera angles are off, but it did seem that the commentators initially backed up that the ball didn't cross the h20 hazard. Even looking at google map of the hole, it really doesn't seem like the ball had a chance of carrying over any land. Very suspicious drop. Thanks for providing the yahoo link.

All the camera angles are off, but it did seem that the commentators initially backed up that the ball didn't cross the h20 hazard. Even looking at google map of the hole, it really doesn't seem like the ball had a chance of carrying over any land. Very suspicious drop. Thanks for providing the yahoo link.

Oh for ****'s sake, why do I even bother? :doh:

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Wittenberg said the drop was good and on tour that's the opinion that counts at the time.  Tiger haters are in full swing no matter what the situation...if he's down and struggling they love it...if he's playing well...he's in the crosshairs...guess what?...he's won four times this season and just beat the best field in golf...he's the best.

The video footage can't really prove anything, since the blimp it was shot from is not directly over the hole. I was thinking at the time that the drop seemed strange, especially judging by what the commentators said, but without a better angle, you can't tell.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Oh for ****'s sake, why do I even bother? :doh:

LOL. I saw that thread pop up earlier and refrained from posting in it. Someone quoted the OP before it got merged or whatever. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of those.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!