IGNORED

Nature calls, on the Course

cipher
Note: This thread is 3457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Nature calls and #1 is in order with no bathroom in sight, what do you do?

• Just give me a tree.
    • Deep in the woods.
    • Go looking for balls in a pond.
    • Wait for for the next outhouse or at the turn.
    • Just go man, just go!
    • Tee box is fine.

I don't know how that's supposed to be discreet, lol.  Even if that looked like a club, which it doesn't, who stands there with thier towel like that?  It actually looks like he's peeing into an umbrella handle or something.  I think it would be better if it had a clubhead on the end of it - that way you could pee while hitting some chip shots at the practice area. As for me - if there is privacy, I will pee in the woods.  Otherwise I will wait for bathroom.

You can't see it from that photo, but there IS a club head on it. It's an iron.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

You can't see it from that photo, but there IS a club head on it. It's an iron.

I would hate to have the shaft break on a swing, if you know what I mean.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Originally Posted by eich41

I've played with a couple guys that would say that.  They just would turn away from us and let it fly.  There was nobody around, but it'd be nice if they would have used a little discretion

How they are not being warned by the marshall?

I try to wait for the turn, but if I just cant or behind a slow group or two I head for the woods.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

With my regular group............

Walking 5 paces away and turning away from other players and facing a tree was enough............

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

"Just give me a tree", but with the proviso that I use discretion according to my surroundings.  Some courses require that you traipse a little deeper into the flora than others.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I've played a good many courses where there are few or no trees, no bushes, just wide open spaces where you are always in view of players on other holes, in view of homes, etc.

I restate my question:  Do you have some kidney or bladder disease that you can't hold it for a half hour until you get to a rest room?  We aren't dogs needing to mark our territory - we are supposed to be civilized human beings with some sense of propriety.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I will use a restroom unless I just absolutely cannot hold it in any longer(as in, I've been holding it for a few holes already and things aren't moving fast enough).  It seems like some guys just can't help but go take a piss whenever they see a tree.

a couple weeks ago my friend and I were the second group off...a single was in front of us.  We tee off on the 4th hole(from the tee you are blind from about 170 in to the hole...well as we come up over the crest..there stands the single right by the green taking a leak.  On top of that, he's facing towards us as we come up the fairway and he stood there for another minute before he thought it might be better to turn around.

A few years ago I was playing solo and had played through 16 holes....and on the 15th and 16th I could feel a little bit of poo radar starting to ping.  Anyway, I think "I'm just a couple holes from being done, I can play through it" so I go ahead and tee up on the 17th.  I swing and I think I damn near poo'd myself..it was the worst feeling in the world.  I had to get to a bathroom and quick!  It felt like I hit every bump on the course as I rode to pick up my ball and then speed to the clubhouse.  I barely made it in time to not make mud in my pants.....thank GOD!

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

• 4 months later...
All the courses I play have strategically located restrooms. Except Eaton Canyon, but that's a 9 hole course anyway.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I live and work on the same golf course, was playing a late 9 when nature hit. I had to leave the balls on the course, run back home (across 4 holes) and go. Went back out to grab the golf balls later.

Flappy... do you mean to tell me you don't wear diapers when you golf?  That's what I would do if I were you... like the ones the astronauts wear!

In the cheap public courses I play, I've seen too many golfers just relieve themselves on trees, and house fences.   The house owners and the course management must have known.  They posted signs on their fences not to urinate and people still do it. Once, I saw a guy urinate on a fence when a toilet was just 40 yards away.   And he had cart!  The stupid thing about this is, as Lihu stated, there are restrooms and portable toilets about every 3 - 4 holes.   I guess some folks just can't hold their beers at all :beer: .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

"Electric fence, don't touch or urinate!"

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

I'm guessing he doesn't mean urinating... I'll walk into the woods if I need to go and there is no close port-a-johns. I get as much out of view as possible though, not like my dad and his buddies, they'll sometimes just stand by the cart or a lone tree and go.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3457 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!