IGNORED

Sun flower seed hulls

RC
Note: This thread is 3968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have complained before about sun flower seed hulls spit on greens.  The recent resurgence of the tobacco chewing thread compels me to remind sun flower seed chewers that they too need to refrain from spitting hulls on the green.  Invariably (I guess because we all putt often from five feet and in) the area around the hole is a mine field of sun flower seed hulls and I have no desire to pick up what others have spit out.  Tobacco juice in the hole or on the green is disgusting, but so are sun flower seed hulls.

• Upvote 1

RC

Agreed.  We should get these guys pacifiers.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sunflower seed eaters/spitters are another group that should be taken out back and beaten with a rusty 7-iron! :mad:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You guys are ridiculous. How do you even focus to hit a golf shoot when you are worrying about cigarettes, cigars, sunflower seeds and whatever else seems to bother you. Just sweep then away with your putter, line up your putt and move on.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

You guys are ridiculous. How do you even focus to hit a golf shoot when you are worrying about cigarettes, cigars, sunflower seeds and whatever else seems to bother you. Just sweep then away with your putter, line up your putt and move on.

Not "worrying"......simply disgusted by the same lack of etiquette and respect for the course (and other players) as the knot-heads that refuse to repair ball marks, rake bunkers, or sand/replace divots. Pretty much the same way I feel when I see that someone has thrown trash in a trout stream, rather than taking it out with them..... .......except that they should be beaten with a rusty wading staff! ;-)

In David's bag....

Not even the same thing. How does a sunflower seed effect the course. It is a personal feeling, and it is affecting you're golf game. Get over it.

Not even the same thing. How does a sunflower seed effect the course. It is a personal feeling, and it is affecting you're golf game. Get over it.

How does throwing loose impediments all over the green affect the course? Really? Huh..... :-\

In David's bag....

Must be a regional thing. I have never seen a sunflower seed on a golf course. Cigarette butts galore, unfortunately, but no sunflower seeds. Don't they sell shelled sunflower seeds?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

[quote name="ilikefishes" url="/t/66920/sun-flower-seed-hulls#post_842503"]Not even the same thing. How does a sunflower seed effect the course. It is a personal feeling, and it is affecting you're golf game. Get over it.

How does throwing loose impediments all over the green affect the course? Really? Huh..... :-\[/quote] I guess I really do hate all the leaves, goose shit, and everything else I have to move. In a prefect world I would not need to check my line for obstructions. Get over yourself.

Originally Posted by David in FL

Not "worrying"......simply disgusted by the same lack of etiquette and respect for the course (and other players) as the knot-heads that refuse to repair ball marks, rake bunkers, or sand/replace divots.

Pretty much the same way I feel when I see that someone has thrown trash in a trout stream, rather than taking it out with them.....

.......except that they should be beaten with a rusty wading staff!

I'm with you on that David. There's a place on the edge of the mountain where I live that has beautiful rock formations and views of the valley and the landowner allowed anyone to go there for picnics or hiking. He eventually had to put up a gate and a "Posted" sign because everybody was leaving their trash all over the place.

I'll never understand going to a place because of it's beauty and then trashing it.

I will say that the course I play never has sunflower hulls or cigarette butts left on the course. The owner would ask you to leave and not come back. Not having headaches from idiots trashing his golf course is more important to him than any money he might lose when the idiots go elsewhere to play.

I guess I really do hate all the leaves, goose shit, and everything else I have to move. In a prefect world I would not need to check my line for obstructions. Get over yourself.

And you see no difference between a naturally occurring impediment, and one discarded by a thoughtless golfer? Again, huh..... :blink:

In David's bag....

Originally Posted by ilikefishes

You really don't give a fig about your fellow players, do you?  Why on Earth would you condone spitting seed hulls on the greens?  What  a joy you must be to play with.

To the OP:  My father-in-law's course has a sign on the clubhouse door stating that chewing sunflower seeds on the course is not allowed and violators will be asked to leave.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I have to agree 100% with spitting them on the green. I'm an avid sunflower seed eater myself, but don't spit the hulls on the green.

I'll do it anywhere else on the course, but it doesn't sound like that's your issue.

Originally Posted by Fourputt

You really don't give a fig about your fellow players, do you?  Why on Earth would you condone spitting seed hulls on the greens?  What  a joy you must be to play with.

To the OP:  My father-in-law's course has a sign on the clubhouse door stating that chewing sunflower seeds on the course is not allowed and violators will be asked to leave.

No, not saying it is OK or that I condone it.  I am just not going to let it ruin my round or get upset about somebody the behavior or others.  I have much more important things to worry about when I am out playing golf.  If you are ever in Colorado and want a game, look me up.  Would be happy to give your strokes, especially if you are going to worry about these little details.

Interesting sign Fourputt...  I agree with it, but I am not that against those that chew sun flower seeds and spit in cups or well out of the way of traffic.

I do not understand the mentality of those that say, "What's the big deal? I'll split hulls where-ever I chose."  This is a societal issue of courtesy to your fellow golfers and the more we dismiss and permit boorish behavior, the worse it gets.  That does not take a genius to figure out.

To those who never encounter seed hulls on your greens, I am happy for you.  We seem to have plenty of spitters where I like to play and the putts that hit the hulls are deflected -- this is not an imaginary problem. it actually affects scores.  Our marshals do police the practice and try to stop it but some "players" stop for a hole or two and then start spitting again.  So I guess I am ridiculous for wanting the common courtesy of a green without someone's spit and trash on it.

RC

I don't think spitting them on the greens is cool but just like anything else in my line that might knock the ball off line, I'll move it. Chunks of dirt or hard sand, twigs, those "helicopter seeds" (maple seeds) that fall from trees... If its "yucky" I'll use the back of my putter to pick it up and discard it..unless its goose poop...and then I just hope I never run into that :D

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Note: This thread is 3968 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!