IGNORED

what if you were not allowed to use any tobacco products on a course? would you still play?

kurts81
Note:Β This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

1. 1. would you play as much golf as you play now if you were not allowed tobacoo products?

• yes
    • no, or maybe

I love golfing, but i would find it very hard to make it through a round without a smoke. believe me i would love to quit but haven't been able to do it yet. So i enjoy having a couple of cigs while i play a round.

Would you still play as much if you were not allowed to smoke or chew on the course, or at the club house?

I miss 'would play more' in the poll. I don't like it when others in my flight smoke, but it's not a reason to play less. I would not go to a course where it is allowed to smoke at de DR.

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I do not see this as a choice I will ever have to make - yes I could live without a cigar, but i do not have to

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Accidently self imposed this on myself this week at my league.Β  I fotgot my chew at home so I told my playing partner it wasnt his fault if I ripped off his head.Β  I ended up more focusedΒ on drinkingΒ more beer and shot 4 strokes better than the week before.Β  No one got hurt and no clubs were thrown or broken. lol

It wouldnt bother me in the slightest.Β  I dont smoke and dont chew, so it wouldnt effect me.Β  Im actually fine with people smoking on the course because its outside.Β  Now, I dont want people smoking in the clubhouse because I dont feel that my lungs should be ruined because of someone else's filthy habit (if you want to trash your lungs, thats your choice but you have no right to subject me to the same harm that you choose to subject yourself to) but Im OK with it outside.

Whats in my :sunmountain:Β C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

I might be even more likely to play. I would certainly welcome that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I've not smoked cigarettes in quite a few years, never chewed, and though I rather like smoking a cigar the vile aftertaste sticks with me for several days it seems and so I just say no to stogies.Β Β However, I would really hate to see some sort of rule imposedΒ upon people who choose to have a smoke out on the course.Β  There are, IMO, already far too many rules being thrust on us 'for our own good' by people thatΒ think they are smarter than we must be.Β  If they ban smoking, they'll be back next year after your beer folks!

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 10.5*, Aldila RIP Phenom 50

Fairway 1: Titleist 913F, 17*, Titleist Bassara W55

Fairway 2: Titleist 913F, 21*, Titleist Bassara W55

Irons: Titleist AP1 714 5-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95

Wedges: SCOR 4161 48/52/56/60, Genius 9

Grips: GolfPride New Decade Red Mid-size on all of the above.

Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Newport 2 - Super Stroke Slim 3.0

I don't smoke and chewing tabacco isn't a bit thing here in Australia either. I don't mind if people smoke when their on the course, just don't come over near me

Β R11s driverΒ 

Β R11s 3 wood

Β Rescue 11 3 Β 18*

Β Rescue 11 4 Β 21*

Β MP-59 5-pw

Β ATV wedge 54* 60*

Β Metal-X 2 ball putter

Β 3.0 buggy

Β DX-3 ball

Β FLX glove

Β Shoes

Β Towel

Oakley antix sunglassesΒ 

solar umbrellaΒ 

Β 

Β 

I would absolutely still golf just as much and I wouldn't even be that upset about it. I am at about 1 pack a day when I'm really having a bad day or drinking/cooking out - but typically half pack to 3/4 a day on the regular.

Personally, I can go 1 week without smoking when I'm sick or even 10 hours without a smoke while I'm working if I don't have the time to go have one. Playing a round of golf without a smoke wouldn't be a cause for me to quit golfing (choosing my unhealthy habit over a healthy and satisfying hobby).

I've been seeing more and more cigarette butts on the course this year. I was just asking my buddies if they thought course might ban cigarette smoking because of the trash created. I am not sure if the problem is getting worse or if I am getting less tolerant of other people leaving their trash on the course. I do not know anyone who would just toss a gum wrapper on the course yet people toss their butts as if that is somehow not garbage. These same players might fix pitch marks, replace divots and carefully rack traps. Yet they think a cigarette butt is not trash because it will biodegrade in 10-15 years.

Ban cigarettes until smokers can clean up their act.

As for any smoker in my group, I try never to ride with one in my cart. It seems rare that there is more than one in a 4-some even in my extended groups. Perhaps they are just refraining because I don't smoke.

• Upvote 1

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at -Β http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/Β Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23*Β hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

MizunoΒ MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/MizunoΒ MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-EvolutionΒ grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs:Β Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GWΒ with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I don't use tobacco. Β Just wanted to chime in to say that I don't mind smokers on a course, but I really dislike to see chew.

Either way, though, just make sure none of that stuff (chew spit or cigarette butts) get on the course.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

If you guarantee I play good, sure I won't need one :)

:tmade:Β SLDR X-Stiff 12.5Β°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2Β° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by PirateJim

If they ban smoking, they'll be back next year after your beer folks!

The good ol' NRA-style argument.Β  Feed the paranoia, appeal to the dimwitted alarmists.

Funny, neither the original drunk driving laws, nor the subsequent tightening of those laws to prohibit a .08% BAC seem to have resulted in anyone ripping a pint of good Cascade hop-infused APA out of my hands and I have a broader choice of fine beers in both liquor stores and grocery stores today than I had a decade ago.Β  And another funny thing - no one has come to my house with a tow-truck, demanded my keys and started hauling away my cars, nor haveΒ I heard of that happening to anyone except people who got too far behind in their payments.

There's one kind of smoker to whomΒ I will always say something:Β  the moron who is so completely thoughtless that he hops out of his car/truck with a lit cigarette in hand and reaches for the gas pump.Β  I typically say "This isn't the smartest place to be smoking, is it?"Β  A couple of times, I've had an astonished look register on someone's face who simply was being absent-minded and gotten a "Gosh, you're right - sorry about that" sort of response.Β  Usually it gets just dirty looks, but once in a while I'll get a F*&(*& you! and once I got "How the hell is that any of your business?"Β  I responded "Not having an exploding gas pump 25 feet away from me is very much my business."

• Upvote 1

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg.Β SΒ flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW -Β Vokey 58 deg.Β SWΒ -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I've been seeing more and more cigarette butts on the course this year. I was just asking my buddies if they thought course might ban cigarette smoking because of the trash created. I am not sure if the problem is getting worse or if I am getting less tolerant of other people leaving their trash on the course. I do not know anyone who would just toss a gum wrapper on the course yet people toss their butts as if that is somehow not garbage. These same players might fix pitch marks, replace divots and carefully rack traps. Yet they think a cigarette butt is not trash because it will biodegrade in 10-15 years.

Ban cigarettes until smokers can clean up their act.

As for any smoker in my group, I try never to ride with one in my cart. It seems rare that there is more than one in a 4-some even in my extended groups. Perhaps they are just refraining because I don't smoke.

I dig the avatar man !

Originally Posted by kurts81

Would you still play as much if you were not allowed to smoke or chew on the course, or at the club house?

Yes.

dak4n6

Ban all tees until those filthy tee users can clean up their act and properly dispose of their non-biodegradable coated wooden or plastic spikes. They are all over the tee box. I love how judgemental many can be about smoking. It's easy.. If you don't like it that your club allows it on the course or in the clubhouse find another club. I take offense to many people at my club wearing black golf shoes with shorts or white plaid shorts in general... It is physically harmful to me and my mental state.. But I like the club so Ideal with it. If a guy smokes in my foursome and the course is fine with it... What am I going to do. Apparently the appropriate response is to go denigrate those people on a message board.

Note:Β This thread is 3984 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!