IGNORED

60° Wedge, LOVE IT OR HATE IT?

Note: This thread is 4802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. 60° Lob Wedge, Love it, Hate it, Put up with it?

• LOVE IT
    • HATE IT
    • PUT UP WITH IT

I love my 60, but as I've said in other threads, for most golfers (particularly those with double digit handicaps), it's rare that a 60 is beneficial. Usually it creates more trouble than it helps solve...

How is a 60 not benefitial for double digits? I used one since I was a 30 and it has always been my favorite club for chipping and pitching. Now I use it for everything full shots, chipping, flopping, sand, punching.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
How is a 60 not benefitial for double digits? I used one since I was a 30 and it has always been my favorite club for chipping and pitching. Now I use it for everything full shots, chipping, flopping, sand, punching.

I said "most" and "usually." Congratulations: you consider yourself one of the exceptions I accounted for in my post.

Again, for MOST double-digit handicappers, a 60 is a liability, not an advantage.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a 58* for a while but with all the bunkers we have here in north Florida I bought a 60 just to see if it would help get up and down out of the deeper bunkers by taking a little steeper swing through the ball and letting the 60* cut through and i find it helps me out. Maybe my best wedge in the bag

I use my 60 degree for bunker shots and whenever I need to flop a shot in a tight situation. My only problem is that sometimes when I use it from 60-70 yards out, I tend to balloon it and drift it a bit right, when my usual shot is a slight draw.

My favorite shot with a 60* is to place the ball back in my stance then blade it nice and low and watching it hop and stop on the green. Always gets a reaction from those I play with. It's my signature shot, that and the 6 iron punch

I use a 60 degree Cleveland 588 for most short shots, also from about 80-85 yards out.

Clubs I use the most in order:

Putter
60 degree wedge
Driver

I think I've gotten to the point where I'm starting to hate it. I had it down for a really long time and I was really good with it but I guess I'm struggling with accuracy with it. I'm now starting to use the PW or like a 7 iron if I have green to work with because it seems to work better to play the bump and run for me. That's just me though.

I think I've gotten to the point where I'm starting to hate it. I had it down for a really long time and I was really good with it but I guess I'm struggling with accuracy with it. I'm now starting to use the PW or like a 7 iron if I have green to work with because it seems to work better to play the bump and run for me. That's just me though.

Slowish greens?

I tried to use my 60* club too much in past years. I have learned to narrow the scope of its use and have had great results. I only use it when I am 25 yards and in. It is strictly a "feel" club for me. Anything between 26 and 85 yards sand wedge, and anything between 86 and 130 Gap Wedge.

I love my 60 degree wedge. I bought the adams - tom watsomn set and these are my favorite clubs in the bag. The 60 degree wedge is my go to club within 50-80 yards from the flag.

I'm voting Love it. Just got mine on Monday (see sig.) and went out to the practice green yesterday. I hit about 100 balls of various chip and pitch distances from different lies. I obviously still need to get distances and trajectories dialed in, but the initial results were great.

Love my 60* it's my greenside sand wedge and most flexible club inside of 50 yards. Although I couldn't even imagine taking a full swing with it, longest I ever take is a 3/4, but that's the same for my 54 too. I've never thought of any wedge as a club that should be swung at even 80% at a full swing. They've always been more about feel strokes, inside 100 yards

The more I read this the more I HATE MINE. LOL

Damn you guys that LOVE IT! I want to love mine so badly. It looks so damn good in the bag. I can't take it out!

I do evertyhing around the green with my 60 LW. I can flop it, run it and pitch. Actually I use it for most shots from 100yds in.

Note: This thread is 4802 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.