IGNORED

New 3 wood help

Note: This thread is 3970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm in the market for a new 3 wood.. My old r11 is just getting less appealing to me every round. The loud noise and ding it makes is pretty annoying. And I don't like the way the adjustable sole plate makes it sit higher. I'm sorta looking at the titleist 913 or 910 for a better price.. But I just want a more classic looking club that has a nice sound to it and sits below the ball.. I have a medium to high ball flight. Any help is appreciated!

I looked at that one. I like the way it sits and it has a really hot face. Also like the ping g25. I'll see which i can find cheaper

I have the cobra amp 3 wood and absoulty love it. Some days I hit it further than my driver. Good feel and sound. If price is no issue the amp cell is probably even better

Hit an older used exotics 3 wood at golf galaxy tonight.. Compared it to my 3 wood.. Also hit the callaway x hot.. Carried mine about 225 and rolled about 240.. X hot flew 235 and rolled to 255 consistently. Exotics had similar numbers to the x hot.. Feeling the x hot but may get the shaft cut down because it feels whippy

When looking at the fairway woods, at least test out a 4W. The 4W is more reliable for many golfers than a 3W.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I play a 16.5 Ping G25 4 wood so easy to hit, found the 3W was just not cutting it for me this is the only wood i carry at this point.

I have been told by a few fitters that there are a lot of golfers that would do much better with a 4w dont discount it.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

I play a 20* hybrid, but I am not a long hitter by any means I can push my 4 w to 200 +/-.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Believe it or not but I also carry and use a Cobra 7W. I use it instead of a hybrid because I can hit the hell out of it, plus the swing is the same as with a 3W. I have used it out of traps, roughs, you name it, great club. (I know some people call it a lady's club but who cares, I like it).

I started bagging a Razr X Black 4 wood. It's amazing how much more control I gained. It's also a lot easier to get good ball flight with out really losing distance compared to a 3 wood.

I have no trouble getting the ball in the air so a 4w sounds just like my hybri to me.. I have the 910h by titleist. But I'm really liking the x hot by callaway. Not sure if I wanna shell out the money for it yet.. Still recovering from buying my irons

I have no trouble getting the ball in the air so a 4w sounds just like my hybri to me.. I have the 910h by titleist. But I'm really liking the x hot by callaway. Not sure if I wanna shell out the money for it yet.. Still recovering from buying my irons

Originally Posted by kcarile

Note: This thread is 3970 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!