• Announcements

• iacas

Visit FlagstickRule.com   03/13/2017

Visit the site flagstickrule.com to read about and sign a petition for the USGA/R&A regarding the one terrible rule in the proposed "modernized" rules for 2019.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rstyle

weight transfer on backwing - practice tips please!!

1 post in this topic

Seems that when I turn the shoulders and bring the club back I lean forward and end up with my weight in the front of the right foot (right handed golfer)

They tell me to try to feel some weight in the heel; of the right foot at the end of the backswing but I have a hard time doing it

I feel I am not going to hit the ball on my forward swing or I am going to sway back

Any practice tips on how to feel the correct weight on your right foot on the backswing??

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2017 TST Partners

PING Golf
    Leupold Golf
    Snell Golf
    Talamore Golf Resort
    Lowest Score Wins
    • Well, I wouldn't go around moving just any ball, but with the right circumstances, it can be warranted.  And, as @drmevo pointed out, since you knew it didn't come from your hole, then it wasn't going to be playable from that spot anyway.  No need to even mark, just kick it aside, hit your chip and then put it roughly back where it was. Actually, neither have I, but I know that if it ever does happen, that's how I'd handle it. 
    • I was thinking the same thing.  I can't possibly think of worse things to wear then jeans for golf.  Has to be horribly uncomfortable.  I live in the PNW.  Off season i usually either wear a base layer under golf pants or wear some heavier wool trousers on occasion.  honestly if its any colder then that im probably not playing.
    • I rarely feel rushed.  But i am a fast player based on what i see around me on the courses.  I think the course does play a part in it.  Courses that have long distances between green to next tee definitely take longer to play.  Some courses that have alot of big hazards can make it longer also.     When i play in a 4 some with my boss and a few other managers at private club we usually play in about 3hrs walking or riding.  its always empty in front of us.  All 4 of us are reasonably quick players that play ready golf.  We visit alot and have a good time out there, we just seem to move along at a good pace.  The course helps in that its a short walk green to next tee box.  Easy walking course and laid out user friendly in that way..   The muni that i play alot is usually 4+hrs.  Honestly when it starts pushing out towards 4.5hrs or so it starts to be a drag.  I'm not a huge fan of constantly waiting.     I used to be in a mens club and played club events.  But i stopped because the 5+hr rounds were killing me.  All those guys have played the course plenty of times, shouldnt take that long to read putts or decide club off the tee etc.     
    • My home course put up pace of play clocks a couple of years ago, and it seems to be helping with the idea of what the pace should be.  There are 3 clocks on each side, and they are set so that when you get to that tee, the time shown should be your starting time or earlier - no need to try and remember any 2nd grade math to figure it out.   If the time on the clock is later than your starting time, then you are behind the pace and should make every effort to catch up, if possible (meaning that the group in front is not holding you up).  This way all the ranger has to do is point at the clock and a group has no justifiable excuse.  It has made players much more aware of pace of play expectations, and in most groups there is at least one player who will comment on it when they fall behind.
  • TST Blog Entries

• Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. aaustin2
      aaustin2
      (32 years old)
    2. fotoguy1958
      fotoguy1958
      (59 years old)
    3. Will Binegar
      Will Binegar
      (60 years old)