IGNORED

Rocco Mediate's story about Tiger Woods.

BostonBrew
Note: This thread is 3695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The "no autograph" story usually indicates a slow news day. Also, it shows David Feherty has great potential to go to work for National Enquirer.

Here in St. Louis, one talk radio sportie spent a month getting upset at retired Cardinal slugger Mark McGwire because MM supposedly didn't sign an autograph for some pro wrestler's son. As editorial writer George Will said, moral indignation is the fastest growning manufacturing industry in the USA.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Well, let's take Rocco literally, based on what he said -

If his note truly said "Look, sign these..." and I was Tiger coming across that note, I'd be like "Yeah? And what else are you gonna tell me to do?" before I tossed it in the trash.

Now if the note said something "Hey Tiger, I'd appreciate it if you took a few seconds to sign this stuff. That playoff was the highlight of my career & I want to have mementos of the occasion. Thanks Bud." - I betcha Tiger would have done it. But not with some kind of order of "Look, sign these."

LOL, I noticed that too.  I just didn't address it because I was hoping that it was simply the way he was quickly telling the story.  (He is a pretty fast talker)  But if that is really what he wrote, then I have to agree ... it sounds like he's ordering Tiger around.  I wouldn't like it either.

Not sure where to put the +1, but +1.

Whether Rocco's autograph story is true or not, I lost some respect for him for telling the story.  To me it falls under the "what happens in the locker room stays in the locker room."

The real irony here, given all the grief Tiger has taken for his marital transgressions, is that according to his own book it is pretty obvious that Rocco himself was committing adultery with his back therapist DURING the 2008 US Open, yet he has taken no public grief over that.  Just another indication of the double standard that always seems to apply to Tiger.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by WUTiger

As editorial writer George Will said, moral indignation is the fastest growning manufacturing industry in the USA.

Ha!  That is a great quote.

Originally Posted by turtleback

The real irony here, given all the grief Tiger has taken for his marital transgressions, is that according to his own book it is pretty obvious that Rocco himself was committing adultery with his back therapist DURING the 2008 US Open, yet he has taken no public grief over that.  Just another indication of the double standard that always seems to apply to Tiger.

You're saying Rocco wrote a book where he overtly admitted to this?  Or was it more like something he hinted at?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I llke Feherty's show, but why does he ask every person on it about Tiger?

"So Pope Francis, can you tell me if Tiger Woods called to congratulate you?"

I watch to learn about the person being interviewed.  Rocco should talk about Rocco.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Why the **** did he talk about that with feherty? I think rocco is a poor guy.

Get out on the course when the sun is just up and ask Tiger to sign it.

Get some balls and talk to Tiger about it.

If i don't like how a person reacted to me, i would ask for it why he did it that way, just don't

use the ****ing tv to claim your right.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Another thing that seems be overlooked here -

Rocco said Tiger signed the photo. And what did Rocco do with that? He threw it in the trash.

So in other words, since Tiger didn't do everything exactly as Rocco wanted them done via a handwritten note, Rocco threw a hissy.

So who's the immature one?

I'm more disappointed in Rocco than Tiger. First of all, if he has a beef with another player, he should keep it to himself. I expected better from a guy know n for being personable and friendly. Second, his attitude towards what Tiger did was childish.

Rocco's story is self incriminating - as others have said, talk to the guy face to face & ask him for the favor.     His swing is awful to look at too - makes Tommy Two Gloves look like Ben Hogan !!   The big gaudy peace sign belt buckle he wore in the final day of the 08 open was irritating as well ... not a fan.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

I thought it was interesting that he wanted to talk to Tiger at some point about the round and it hasn't happened yet. What's up with that? There has to be more to the story. It certainly adds to how some players see Woods and perhaps in years will add to his "Mystique".

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I thought it was interesting that he wanted to talk to Tiger at some point about the round and it hasn't happened yet. What's up with that? There has to be more to the story. It certainly adds to how some players see Woods and perhaps in years will add to his "Mystique".

Did he elaborate on that?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I don't think Tiger hangs around the Locker Room with the boys, and it's possible Rocco hasn't asked to meet him. It's been 5 years and a lot has passed ... somehow, I think the memories are more dear to Rocco entering the Champions Tour than Tiger who is focused on winning his next major and spending time with Lindsey.

Let's see (Tiger balancing his hands in the air) ... Roc ... Lindsey .... Roc? ... Lindsey!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

You start to see why Tiger is the way he is. Everyone wants something from him. Nobody's ever happy with what they get. Why even make the effort?

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

And hey look - I would imagine that Tiger isn't one of the more popular players on the tour. For one, he, more often than not, beats these guys regularly. For two, that's his edge, which he has said he gets from his mom - that 'stomp them into the ground' mentality. For three, I would imagine his time has to be strictly managed...it is entirely possible he was late for some appointment when he saw the package of stuff Rocco wanted signed & thought 'Aw geez...I ain't got time for this' and just signed the pic & dashed. Keep that in mind - he didn't totally blow off Rocco...he did sign the pic.

One of the common traits of the elite players of any generation is their aloofness. Hogan had it, Snead...even Jack to a certain extent. I think Jack even said he didn't want to be buddy-buddy with the guys he was trying to beat, as that would affect what he was trying to do - beat them.

The only exception to this seemed to be Arnie. By all accounts Arnie was a guy other  pros wanted to do beers with. But, Arnie even admits that kind of attitude cost him some tournaments. Case in point, telling Billy Casper on the 10th tee at Olympic when he was up 7 shots with 9 to play in the 1966 US Open that he would doing anything he can to help Billy finish second. Well, he helped Billy win the damn thing. (and BTW...what the hell could Arnie have done to 'help' Billy finish second? Take out Ken Venturi's knees or something? I always found that phrase curious.)

I will say it. Some things mean more to people than others. Plain and simple. Get over putting your expectations on others and you can never be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Personalized message from Tiger?  Who was Rocco kidding if he thought he'd ever get that out of him.  Maybe when he's retired.

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

If I'm Tiger and I hear Rocco say this, my attitude would be, next time I won't even sign the damn picture for you.  I'm guessing this sort of thing has happened so many times to Tiger that he doesn't even bother trying to be nice to anyone.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3695 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!