IGNORED

Where to play on Columbus, Ohio???

Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Going to Columbus to see family this Memorial Day weekend.. My dad and cousins are looking to go play some new nicer courses.. Anyone know of anything besides Murfield that's nice down there?

Theyre all nice courses.  I tend to play the munis because they are affordable but even those are still pretty immaculate.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Winding Hollow is a nice course, out off 161 about 10 minutes east of columbus on the north side.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Are you looking at public or private courses?

A public Ross design in the area is Granville Golf Course. Scioto CC is Ross but private. The Golf Club by Dye is private and from what I know, hard to get on without a member. Longaberger Golf Club is public and is by Art Hills. I've played Eaglesticks in Zanesville which is a fine track. It's about an hour east of Columbus. If you can get on the tOSU courses which are private (you can play with a member) the Scarlet course is supposed to be great.

I know I'm playing a place called riviera. But I'm looking for a nicer high end course to take my uncle and cousin.. And I know of Granville but I'm looking for any public course that is very well maintained or private courses I can get on without a member

My Father lives in Newark, and I grew up in Zanesville, Ohio.

Granville is a great course... I played there in several high school golf matches/tournaments and throughout my childhood with my Father.

http://www.granvillegolf.com/

Eaglesticks is another stellar course.  It is actually where I really took up the game and became more serious with it at the age of 13.  My Stepfather was the controller for the family that owns the course and I worked there all through high school.

http://www.eaglesticks.com/

Longaberger is very well taken care of.  And very affordable.

http://www.longabergergolfclub.com/index.php

My Father was just telling me about a pretty interesting course that used to be private, but went publich back in 2007 in Columbus called Tartan Fields East - then renamed to Winding Hollow in 2011.  I've never played it though....  But my Father said it is fantastic.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2007/07/04/windin.ART_ART_07-04-07_B1_3F76T4A.html

http://www.windinghollow.com/

Originally Posted by saevel25

Winding Hollow is a nice course, out off 161 about 10 minutes east of columbus on the north side.

Looks like saevel25 already mentioned it.  I'll have to check this place out the next time I go back to Ohio.  Looks nice!

I play a ton up in Akron/Cleveland, and while I have yet to play the Quarry in Canton, Longaberger blows Little Mountain, Stonewater, Shale Creek, and Fowlers Mill out of the water.   Winding Hollow is a great track with some serious rough and is great if you don't like playing through neighborhoods.  Foxfire Players Club and Cooks Creek are probably 2a and 2b on my list.  Cooks Creek is in a bit better condition, but Players Club is probably the most well designed (public) course in central Ohio with exception to Longaberger.  If you're looking for something akin to Sleepy Hollow, I would check out Champions.

Crooks Creek is a nasty course man. Its about a good 30 minutes south of columbus. I think i lost 7 golf balls that day :p. Luckily when i wasn't loosing golf balls i was hitting the ball with pin point accuracy and putting well, shot about an 85 :p

Longaberger is way to expensive. I think its finally back under 100 dollars a round now.

If you want a good trek, check out Eagle Sticks in Zainesville. I think its about an hour east of columbus, maybe hour and a half. I hear that is an awesome course.

As for NE ohio, The Quarry is the best course i've seen in a long time. I think its getting a bit to pricey. They had issues with getting people to buy up the residential lots around the course, so i think there trying to cut the loss by increase green's fees :(

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The quarry and fox meadow is where I usually play.. Just played a tournament at stonewater too. But I'm going out to longaberger for sure! Maybe somewhere else on Sunday! Thanks guys!

Longaberger was a great place to play.. Course is in great condition.. Pretty tough from the tips ended up with an 80. Bogied the last 2. Nice view too!

Originally Posted by kcarile

Longaberger was a great place to play.. Course is in great condition.. Pretty tough from the tips ended up with an 80. Bogied the last 2. Nice view too!

Did you play anywhere else?  Eaglesticks is a great track!! It's my old stomping grounds! :)

Did you play anywhere else?  Eaglesticks is a great track!! It's my old stomping grounds! :)

something like winding hollow.. Great course. I think that's the name. I slept on the drive out

Note: This thread is 3956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!